Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepluteus
level-9 deviant

Loc: London area, UK
Re: Liberty caps in UK [Re: Ego Death]
    #1904544 - 09/11/03 07:49 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

local borough councils often keep stockpiles - 'woodchip mountains' - where colonies can get a foothold.  They often use the material to mulch roundabouts (magic roundabouts hehe), plant beds in public gardens, bridleways etc. less exposed beds are better although I have seen fruitings in exposed areas.

also it's occurred to me that some tree surgeons keep massive woodchip piles - might be an idea to pop down your local one, say you're from the local mycological society, and do some surveying, if you think you can get away with it  :blush:)

I think they are more common down south but have been found in scotland too and are spreading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: Liberty caps in UK [Re: dazzyboi]
    #1904698 - 09/11/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was in the peak district searching my usual spots yesterday but didn't find anything apart from stropharia semiglobata (dung roundhead) and numerous types of puffballs. The semilanceatas were out mid August last year but seem to be late this year due to lack of rain. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find any as I'm desperate to get a culture of this species and shall be checking my spots regulary.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineJimBoB
sucky sucky 10dollar

Loc: England.
Re: Liberty caps in UK [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1905454 - 09/11/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OK im getting teased. Im just watching a gardening program and their garden is full of liberty caps, they dont even care or notice them :frown: 

OfflineHugh_Jass
pantydealer
Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: Liberty caps in UK [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1906099 - 09/11/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

On a short walk through a field yesterday I picked around 50. We had alot of heavy rain this morning but by the evening there was an intense sun and the ground had dried. I walked through the same field today in trainers and didnt even get my feet wet, only manged to find about 20 today.

Anyone have any idea how long you should wait before it's safe to pick mushrooms from a field thats been sprayed with some sort of chemical? I think this feild may have been sprayed with some sort of fertilizer or weed killer at the start of August.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds