Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemrhabebe
Stranger
Re: multiple terrarium setup [Re: shanghigh]
    #1880332 - 09/04/03 05:38 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I wonder if something like this could work

Ok, say you buy this

http://www.kmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=777787

It measures 64 in H x 60 in W x 19 1/2 in D

So lying down you roughly have a 5x5 ft chamber (slightly larger) and 20 inches in height (after 6 inches of casin you still have room for 12-14 inch tall mushrooms, right)

Following 6t's WBS tek for the jars and Shroomgod's straw tek you could get 1200 grams of fresh mushrooms/month from this

Now someone said it loses humitidy, for taht you could just use a water sealer like on wood decks,fences or something, you would want it dark anyway

use mabey two cool air mist humidifiers like this

======
+ [ ]
[ ]
[ ]+
======

Ok so thats a ROUGH drawing, but you get the point, the + are the CAMH's, you may only need one

To keep temp remember it's still vinyl, so putting a heating pad on low (or a lizards heating pad) on low would keep it nice and warm

Just some thoughts that were in my head, any tips/suggestions q?'s or comments are welcome, thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinemrhabebe
Stranger
Re: multiple terrarium setup [Re: mrhabebe]
    #1880334 - 09/04/03 05:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, that box is all messed up after posting it, soI'll just explain what I meant

lay the box down so you have 5x5 ft and 20 in. high at the top left and bottom right corners have the CAMH's for good air flow/humidity, you may only need one and if so you'd probably want it more central than on the sides

Offlinemrhabebe
Stranger
    #1880342 - 09/04/03 06:05 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23619 (6T's WBS tek)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7937 (Shroomgod's)

Now I have made several changes to these teks, for example instead of boiling the straw I'd use the oven bags, but basically the jist is there

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: multiple terrarium setup *DELETED* [Re: shanghigh]
    #1884435 - 09/05/03 10:46 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlineyukibeing
virus with shoes

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: multiple terrarium setup [Re: poke smot!]
    #1886146 - 09/05/03 07:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:eyemouth: This is some pretty cool shit. :thumbup: 

--------------------
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." - Bill Hicks -

Offlineshanghigh
Stranger
Loc: BC - Canada
Re: multiple terrarium setup [Re: yukibeing]
    #1887919 - 09/06/03 07:28 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

poke smot is my new hero, you just dropped some good info, yea i wasnt thinking of having the cool mister in the terrarium. So you think if i mist it at the top, and have a small heater at the bottom it should keep a good humidity?

Offlinemrhabebe
Stranger
Re: multiple terrarium setup [Re: shanghigh]
    #1890027 - 09/07/03 02:25 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Pokesmot, "I don't see a reason to lay it down... Generally, if you have stackable shelves, you could fill the whole area. I wouldn't expect your mushrooms to get over a foot long. Unless you're doing HUGE casings, you probably won't need more than seven inches of clearance for the casing (plus the depth of the bins)."

I mean to use the closet as a growing chamber, not with stacked tubs giving you just over 5x5 crop space, I figure 6 inches of medium (straw in this case, but could use whatever mix) that gives you 14 inches for the height, or you could just lay some more medium I guess

I wasn't saying to put the humidifiers in the building, thats why I had that next little post, sorry if I was unclear, what I meant was to have them on next to it (cut a hole in the side with a tube, also I would use an "accordian style" or whatever typed tube so whater droplets don't form in the closet/chamber)

OfflineGanoderma
journeyman
    #1904103 - 09/11/03 05:08 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey poke smot,
is that a vicks humidifier in that first picture? what size pvc is that thats hooked up to it and how does it fit the hole.
one way that you could get around having to to put an electric heater in your mini-greenhouse is to set up a radiater heating system,
you get a tub with a lid, a water pump (the more gph the better), and an aqaurium heater (just like an incubator), black tubbing(clear would work but black radiates heat better) them make a coil like a radiator with the hose and place it on the floor and it should have the same affect as the electric heater.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale