Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshad0wbunny
Stranger

whut be this?
    #1902849 - 09/10/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

okay i posted this before but i accidentally put it in the "cultivation" forum. here we go again:
hi. im new here. this is a long story but it will help the description so please read all of it and bear with my typos.
around a month and a half ago me and my boyfriend were walking in the woods of some mountains up in a state (im not giving out too much info of exact location because we have a child and im not risking him bieng taken from me ) between v.a. and georgia. east coast, u.s.a. it was after a long morning rain and it was cool and damp. we found MANY different kinds of mushrooms! but the only ones that my boyfriend said were any good are these red and yellow ones we found (because they bruised). so i picked them. hehee. we got home and read our mushroom book but it really didnt have any exact pictures and all we could find were 2 that kind of resembled them and where it talked about if it was poisonous or not it just said "dont eat them." so who knows? maybe the author of the book thinks tripping is bad? but anyway. we decided not to risk eating them because we have a kid and dont want to die or puke all over the house for days. so instead, we threw them out in the yard. today, i was walking outside in the yard and i found many many patches of those mushrooms! its odd though, because they are growing at least 80 feet from where i threw them. if this helps the description, heres some hints, its cool outside, hasnt rained lately but who knows how long these were growing. we had however mowed just 2 days ago and there was dead grass all over the yard, also dead leaves (which is what we found those mushrooms growing out of in the woods they were in leaves by a tree stump). i posted some pictures for you. a couple are of one i picked straight from the ground, the others are of ones i followed your steps and did the cutting thing but i may have f***ed it up because i know nothing of "spores" so when you said something about "spores" i was like "huh?" i can tell you howver that there was lil holes all up under the cap or spaces or whatever and according to my boyfriend that means the spores dropped. please know that im not just trying to get high. my child whos only 15 months plays in that yard and likes to eat random shit and im wanting to find out also if these may be poisonus because if they are ill need to go out there and pick every damn one for his saftey & toss them in the dump. thanks for reading:)
heres the pics. the caps with the cut outs look just like pac man! cant stop laughing..hehehe.

--------------------
*le hop*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: whut be this? [Re: shad0wbunny]
    #1902901 - 09/10/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

those be poionous boletes, thats whut, i think Boletus erythropus.
don't eat. not really "mushrooms" and dispite what may be popular knowlage, fungus that turns blue is not automatically hallucinogenic. some can kill you.

furthermore, youre awfully paranoid. you can say what state or town youre in here.
1. you havent broken any laws, and 2.nobody cares

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
    #1902909 - 09/10/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Boletus- and I sure as fuck wouldn't let my kid have them. (Mine has tried to get many collections of my edibles and my drying plants, only to be caught by SUPERDADDYWHOCATCHESYOURASSREDHANDED). This is a good point- keep an eye on your kids when they play in the yard for this very reason. A lot of kids died last year because of this. (can't remember the numbers but I was fairly suprised that's to say). Take that mushroom book by the way, and before you ever thinkl of hunting anything again, read every word of the introduction where it details (most do say all of this) every part of the mushroom- become familiar. Learn how to do a spore print. Read all the frigging faqs. If you make it through all of that shitwork I'd say you might one day be ready to think about picking a mushroom again. Happy huhnting.

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: whut be this? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1902915 - 09/10/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

justa sec, im totally IDing this wrong

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1902933 - 09/10/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ok, it might be boletus bicolor.
or Boletus luridus beyond those two guesses, youll have to ask someone more into boletes.

Offlineshad0wbunny
Stranger

#1903458 - 09/10/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thanks alot:) nah, i aint gonna risk it. im just gonna go pull them out of the yard tomorrow. im too damned busy with school, work and my kid, to trip anyway. that would suck if... if it turned out they were real and i had all these majikall little smurf houses everywhere but couldnt fu**in eat em>:( i guess id go crush em up and put them in the well at the old peoples home.
jk thanks

--------------------
*le hop*

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1903753 - 09/11/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well, i guarentee to you their is nothing that looks anything simmilar to that that will make you "trip"  with boletes its either poisonous or edible (or inedible)
as a rule, boletes that do not bruise blue and have yellow or white gills are edible. there are exceptions to this rule unfortunately.... so yah, youre better off leaving them alone.
they will grow back yearly, and your kid will not die from them, they aren't DEADLY toxic, tho i think a child would really only eat these once and learn a valuable lesson.  it isnt nessisary to run around picking all the mushrooms because they might be toxic, instead, adult supervision and education are key,  the less afraid you are about what your kids are getting into, the less crazy you'll drive eachother.
trust me on this one :smile:

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1903948 - 09/11/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: whut be this? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1903958 - 09/11/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this isnt OTD, random flaming isnt really cool here

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

#1903965 - 09/11/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1903992 - 09/11/03 02:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

think about it, how are others supposed to assume that when you call them a "motherfucker" in reference to their misuse of the english language; and QUOTE them, (pointing out their err) HOW then can they assume your comment was mearly you emulating a movie you saw?

It doesn't really make sense. unless it's a flame.

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

#1904017 - 09/11/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1904058 - 09/11/03 02:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

first off, the user has 5 posts and none of them were ever to you.
when someone calls a respectful new user a "motherfucker" for no obvious reason on a PUBLIC forum (not your own little private forum) then is IS my buissness, it's EVRYBODIES buissness.
and I will irritate you all I like. and I don't care how you feel about it because you really don't contribute to the hunting forum. at all

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

#1904066 - 09/11/03 02:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1904070 - 09/11/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

oh and get this, i just got a bad rating because i "irritated" him
yah, i sure am sorry now.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1904083 - 09/11/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im supposed to KNOW about your private messages? do you ever think?
i dont think you do, i dont really think you could survive in a real world. you even took revenge on me in this fantasy online world where you can't be messed with. made you feel good? savour it, try to remember it when the real world wont talk to you because you "irritate" them.
and remember, you arent any use to either

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

#1904096 - 09/11/03 03:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#1904116 - 09/11/03 03:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

thanks, have a good night :smile:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1904521 - 09/11/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Tremor:
Mitch was trying to give you some advice so that you didn't get in trouble. You had to be an immature prick about it and take offense. If someone has been around here longer than you have, generaly they know how things work on the boards... so listen to them. Your behavior was not acceptable. You'll be getting a PM warning from me in just a few seconds.

Now I'm going to have to lock the post because you muddled it up with your futile bickering.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds