Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Anyone really like their college?
    #1902047 - 09/10/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I need to transfer. I'm so sick of my town..My state...This whole part of the country.

Are any of you college students who really enjoy where you go? I'm totally open...Just looking for ideas...Preferably somewhere they dont have winter...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProdijal_Son
slowmaster

Loc: derby city
Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1902220 - 09/10/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We've got winter here ... but it's never really that bad at all ... it only dips below 20 a few times out of the year. But you don't want to go here. The campus is really fucking trendy and sold looking. Lots of Greek girls that look like plastic dolls. You might like that though.

--------------------
The times are good. The living is easy. The vibes are zingy.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: Prodijal_Son]
    #1902238 - 09/10/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Where is here?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #1902256 - 09/10/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I love my college.. you'd pro'lly hate it though. We get snow, and lots of it, from early November until late April. Great open-minded community though, with a killer music scene. A very ecclectic artsy-hippy kinda place.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Anonymous

#1902576 - 09/10/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

where i go to school it is cold, cloudy place of endless macho boozing and football. you cannot leave without a car and there is nowhere to park.

GO PENN STATE!

but it's still college, so it ain't so bad.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: ]
    #1902686 - 09/10/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have a friend that goes to Penn State.. what year are you? Might know 'em..

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1902776 - 09/10/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So no winter?.. I might have just the thing for you.  Let me relate my experiences:

I spent the better part of my life growing up in a small upscale suburb just a couple miles from the Los Angeles city limits in southern california.. out of high school I decided to go to the University of California at Santa Barbara and though the surrounding area was exceptionally beautiful, the college left something to be desired.  I could never quite place my finger on it, but it seemed like a larger replica of where I had grown up - lots of kids who didn't really understand how fortunate they were and ended up just fuckin' around as well as a 'cliquish' attitude amongst the students.  Though if you want a good school with lots of great areas of study, in one of the most beautiful locations on the Californian coastline, including more parties and free booze than you could ever hope to consume :cool: - by all means.  I'm sure had I stayed there, I would have found my place, but at the time I desired change.

So from Santa Babara I trucked it up to Santa Cruz, located at the upper end of the Monterey Bay just south of the San Francisco Bay area on the central California coastline.  Now I had thoguht Santa Barbara was a great place geographically - but Santa Cruz was amazing.  The campus is intertwined with a redwood forrest and paths between classes sometimes take 30 minutes to walk.  Something not fantastic if you have a problem with the rain (as there is a fair but not excessive amount of it in the winter), but I personally love it.  Mushrooms grow well in the area too :grin:

Not to mention the beaches, absofuckinglutely beautiful.  In fact, let me see if I can't dig up some pictures for you.  In the meantime I'll tell you, UC Santa Cruz is not as academically challenging as Santa Barbara, nor does it offer the scope of classes UCSB did.  The campus is also not direcly on the coast, rather suspended on a hill overlooking the entire Monterey Bay - which has its benefits and drawbacks, obviously.  Herb runs rampant at either college, but the people up north are much more tolerant and to the left.  Not saying that I am, but it's a fun place to live because you can essentially do what you want with no big hassle.  When the DEA came in and robbed some medical marijuana clinics the other year, the city of Santa Cruz sponsored an herb giveaway on the steps of city hall to all valid cardholders  :spliff:

Anyways, I've probably rambled on long enough - you get the idea.

UCSC website - UCSB website

All of these pics are from the Santa Cruz area.  I'll start off with some campus shots.

A view from the side of the library towards the paths leading to the steps

Shot of the Music Center.  See all those trees in the backround?.. well this shot is looking towards campus.  The music center overlooks the entire bay at the edge of the hill

An example of the paths you take to/from class

Lots of wildlife, including mountain lions :oogle:  .. this one was shot from my bedroom window on campus.

A bit of the forest in the late spring afternoon

When the sun comes out, so do the people :tongue2:

A partial view of the bay - couldn't find a full shot  :nonono:

Here's a shot of the boardwalk, the bottom one is a view from the end of the pier.

You certainly won't have to worry about undank herbs

The area is also notorious for some nice surf

One side of Bonny Dune beach

Top of the Cliffs @ Bonny Dune

So in short, I'll see you in Santa Cruz!  :lol:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #1902786 - 09/10/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Drink_Punk_Soda said:
I have a friend that goes to Penn State.. what year are you?  Might know 'em.. 

It always cracks me up when people ask me if I know someone who goes to the college I go to... both have had near 20K students, what are the odds? :rolleyes:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: geokills]
    #1902893 - 09/10/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I love my college.  Classes start tomorrow.  I can't imagine myself being anywhere else :smile:

--------------------
huh????

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

#1902895 - 09/10/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Lol.. I really had no idea how large of a school it was, just that a friend of mine from back home goes there.  Besides, the chances of someone in the same year, possibly the same major knowing someone I know are much better than, say, chances of winning the liottery.  :grin:

Ah well. 

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #1903210 - 09/10/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That does look pretty. I really dont mind the rain at ALL. I was actually looking at U-Washington...But I dont know if it snows there like, tons. I just despise snow...

California...Mmm...Girls...Beer...Ocean....

--------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #1903430 - 09/10/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
But I dont know if it snows there like, tons. I just despise snow... 

Man, I just dont understand that! How the hell are you snowboarding without snow ?! :confused: 

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: Gus]
    #1903437 - 09/10/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, I went snowboarding like, once. And nearly broke my fucking neck. Never again, thank you...

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1903447 - 09/10/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i dont really like my college

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #1903576 - 09/10/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Man you mean you wont ever go snowboarding again ?! ever ?!
thats some scary shit, I just dont want to imagine that 
Im so sorry for you  :frown:

well, I imagine you'll survive 

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #1903946 - 09/11/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> Dude, I went snowboarding like, once. And nearly broke my fucking neck. Never again, thank you...

:lol: - you just gotta stick it out for a couple more days.  On my third day is where I really got it down well enough to actually be having fun :tongue2:  Granted the first day I was quite close to quitting, but had paid for a 3-day instruction course... it paid off nicely, such a fun sport!  Oh, btw, California is riddled with ski areas (as well as deserts, farmingland, and a wonderful coastline) :cool:

a la california:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#1904655 - 09/11/03 08:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

wow. i am most envious.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: ]
    #1904666 - 09/11/03 08:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

California is so freaking far away...And I hear its going to slide into the ocean...Any day now...

And looking at admissions...20K a year...Ouch...I'm not sure my student loans would cover that...And considering that my parents are like, dirt poor. But it does look so so so pretty....

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #1904706 - 09/11/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

20K a year??????? In Holland(everywhere) it's only 1500 a year.

So I suggest you come to Holland. Good quality weed and mushrooms in a shop next door and tolerant people... I can smoke weed on top of our grass covered library...:

Is college the same as university?

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Anyone really like their college? [Re: Annom]
    #1905025 - 09/11/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

wow, wish my college had a library covered in grass..that'd be so trippy/.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck