Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
knowledge of plants and fungi poison
    #1902979 - 09/10/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if in anceint times they used plant and fungal poisons in war? I imagine if your tribe had a person who knew which mushrooms were deadly, and how to make an extraction to tip your arrows and wipe your blades with, you would have an advantage in battle. If I could go way back in time with my knowledge today, I would be the first to use the plants and fungal poisons in war. Just imagine: How could any tribe or force conquor the great warriors who yeild deadly posion arrows and swords and can pour on us deadly elixers and toxins!? I imagine other civilizations would catch on and start using poison in war with you. Then its all about which tribe makes remedies for certain poisons.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: knowledge of plants and fungi poison [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1903155 - 09/10/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms are a bit random but plants where definatly used. Sneaky people have always used poisons in war it was a common tactic to poison water supplies during seiges. Hell of alot of natives poison their arrows and knives with plant and animal venom.

Theres quite a few famous accounts of it. I think it was mcbeth who spiked his enemies wine with mandrake before a feast and walked in an put them all to death in the morning.

Theres always the vikings. People speculate that they used mushrooms on the other side of things.

The viking sagas talk about them charging into battle with their swords flaming and the gods riding at their side. The idea is that it isnt story telling and bullshit but they ate shrooms and really saw all that stuff.

Still poisoning wasnt that popular in normal fighting because during skirmishes the idea is to kill your enemy outright not when the poison kicks in a few hours later. Its no good him being poisoned when your heads chopped off.

Poisons always been great for assasination though but i dont think i need to rant about that.

SOUND OFF

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: knowledge of plants and fungi poison [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1903807 - 09/11/03 03:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"The viking sagas talk about them charging into battle with their swords flaming and the gods riding at their side. The idea is that it isnt story telling and bullshit but they ate shrooms and really saw all that stuff"
Thats intresting. I have a freind who said that the first time he tripped, all he saw was vikings. Everyone had a helmet on ect. Maybe it was a subconcious link to the earliest mushrooom users.

"Still poisoning wasnt that popular in normal fighting because during skirmishes the idea is to kill your enemy outright not when the poison kicks in a few hours later"

no one used slow poisons i would imagine, they prolly always used deadly fast acting ones when in battle.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology