Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshad0wbunny
Stranger

what are these? silly little smurf houses?
    #1902713 - 09/10/03 05:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hi. im new here. this is a long story but it will help the description so please read all of it and bear with my typos.
around a month and a half ago me and my boyfriend were walking in the woods of some mountains up in a state (im not giving out too much info of exact location because we have a child and im not risking him bieng taken from me ) between v.a. and georgia. east coast, u.s.a. it was after a long morning rain and it was cool and damp. we found MANY different kinds of mushrooms! but the only ones that my boyfriend said were any good are these red and yellow ones we found (because they bruised). so i picked them. hehee. we got home and read our mushroom book but it really didnt have any exact pictures and all we could find were 2 that kind of resembled them and where it talked about if it was poisonous or not it just said "dont eat them." so who knows? maybe the author of the book thinks tripping is bad? but anyway. we decided not to risk eating them because we have a kid and dont want to die or puke all over the house for days. so instead, we threw them out in the yard. today, i was walking outside in the yard and i found many many patches of those mushrooms! its odd though, because they are growing at least 80 feet from where i threw them. if this helps the description, heres some hints, its cool outside, hasnt rained lately but who knows how long these were growing. we had however mowed just 2 days ago and there was dead grass all over the yard, also dead leaves (which is what we found those mushrooms growing out of in the woods they were in leaves by a tree stump). i posted some pictures for you. a couple are of one i picked straight from the ground, the others are of ones i followed your steps and did the cutting thing but i may have f***ed it up because i know nothing of "spores" so when you said something about "spores" i was like "huh?" i can tell you howver that there was lil holes all up under the cap or spaces or whatever and according to my boyfriend that means the spores dropped. please know that im not just trying to get high. my child whos only 15 months plays in that yard and likes to eat random shit and im wanting to find out also if these may be poisonus because if they are ill need to go out there and pick every damn one for his saftey & toss them in the dump. thanks for reading:)
heres the pics. the caps with the cut outs look just like pac man! cant stop laughing..hehehe.

--------------------
*le hop*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshad0wbunny
Stranger

Re: what are these? silly little smurf houses? [Re: shad0wbunny]
    #1902737 - 09/10/03 05:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oh, a few more tips: there are pecan, apple, dogwood, and some oak trees around where they grew. they are growing in small groups (3-6) in patches. each patch is set around 5 feet from the next. there are also numorous bushes growing nearby but im not sure what kind they are.

--------------------
*le hop*

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #1902771 - 09/10/03 05:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wrong forum. Post it in Mushroom Hunting
PS those do not look active to me unless they are amanits....pros? whatcha think?

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Edited by UncleMike (09/10/03 06:01 PM)

Offlineprocule
Drinker

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #1902829 - 09/10/03 06:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They look like boletus bicolor
http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/boletus_bicolor.html

"The bright yellow pore surface of Boletus bicolor discolors deep indigo when bruised, but its flesh discolors less dramatically blue when exposed."

"Because there are many similar species, some of which are known to cause stomach upsets, I don't recommend it as an edible. Follow the Rules for Boletes and avoid blue stainers."

--------------------
home grown shit
god damn it

Offlineshad0wbunny
Stranger

#1902841 - 09/10/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oh shi*! it is the wrong forum! im sorry. i mustve had 2 different windows open. im sorry:(

--------------------
*le hop*

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #1902846 - 09/10/03 06:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

there some boletus that bruise blue, pics aren't clear enough to tell .
but i'm pretty sure that's what they are .
not eating them was a good decision .
like mikey said check the hunting forum .

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
Re: what are these? silly little smurf houses? [Re: deanofmean]
    #1902960 - 09/10/03 10:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i agree with procule. bi color according to my book is edible but it has a poisonous look a like called boletus sensibilis. i wouldn't eat it but i wouldn't worry to much about it either sensibilis is not deadly but mildly poisonous. according to my source (the mushroom book) by thomas laessoe, anna del conte, and gary lincoff it's a good read check it out

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: what are these? silly little smurf houses? [Re: uneasyone]
    #1906968 - 09/11/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

who knows what it is. there are so many boletus/xerocomus mushrooms out there with those colorations. B. bicolor is a good guess but it doesnt suffice and by no means is this mushroom id'ed.

the bruising is not the same reaction as psilocin reacting with air. there are no porous psychoactive mushrooms, so it follows that it is not psychoactive.

if you really want to identify this mushroom, you need to post an accurate description plus maybe some better pics. and get a spore print. it is definately a boletales, and probably a xerocomus in xerocomaceae family. xerocomus are usually thinner than other boletales and often bruise readily, they also often grow in larger number and in odder areas (in ground bordering on a wall or on a stump partially in the ground).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification