Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
nutbag propoganda
    #1902334 - 09/10/03 03:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

(CNN) -- On the eve of the second anniversary of the September 11 attacks, Arabic-language news network Al-Jazeera broadcast Wednesday what it said was a new videotape of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and his top deputy and audio voiceovers urging Muslims in Iraq to "devour the Americans."

In the audiotape accompanying the video, a voice purported to be that of Bin Laden's chief deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, warned that the battle with the United States was far from over and exhorted fighters in Iraq to "bury them [the Americans] in the graveyard of Iraq."

The purported voice of Al-Zawahiri also said the United States has so far experienced "just the first skirmishes" and not yet begun to realize the true volume of its casualties.

"Those fighters in Iraq, we greet them and salute them and support them and ask God to bless their efforts and their bravery in fighting the crusaders, and we tell them God is with you and the nation is supporting you, depend and rely on God and attack and devour the Americans and bury them in the graveyard of Iraq," the voice said.

It warned that "the real battle has not started yet. Prepare yourself for the punishment for your crimes."

"We recommend to the mothers of the soldiers, if you like to see your sons, then hasten to ask your government to return them rather than coming back to you in coffins," the voice said.

The videotape on Al-Jazeera showed bin Laden and al-Zawahiri walking down a rocky hillside path. It's not known when or where the videotape was shot, but Al-Jazeera speculated it could have been in April or May. It's also unclear when the audiotape statements were recorded.

On the audiotape, a voice claiming to be bin Laden praises the suicide hijackers who crashed jetliners into the World Trade Center, Pentagon and a Pennsylvania field two years ago, killing more than 3,000 people.

"Those who don't agree with killing, then let them step out of the way," he says. "I would say to them, those who are afraid of climbing mountains will live in pits and holes."

The purported voice of al-Zawahiri also addressed "our Muslim brothers in Palestine."

"The wound of Palestine is bleeding in the heart of every Muslim, and with the help of God we will not let America enjoy peace and security until the Palestinian issue is resolved," the voice said.

"We tell them we are on the path of jihad, and we ask that the Muslim brothers not to be deceived by America," the voice said. "Palestine will not be liberated but with jihad, so never, never give up your weapons."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: nutbag propoganda [Re: shakta]
    #1902587 - 09/10/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It seems that arabs try to make themselves appear as nutty as possible. I remember after that shiek was murdered a few weeks ago all his followers were i nthe streets beating themselves with chains. Obviously, someone in the arab psyche is stunted, keeping them living at a barely-higher-than-primate level

In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: nutbag propoganda [Re: lysergic]
    #1902601 - 09/10/03 05:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That's quite a generalization there,saying all Arabs are like this.

Some nutty Christians nail themselves to crosses,so therefore all Christians are like that.

People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Loc: outta here
Re: nutbag propoganda [Re: monoamine]
    #1902927 - 09/10/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm inclined to think it's outright racist. Replace 'arabs' with 'blacks' or 'jews' to see how ridiculous it sounds.

The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion