Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: lysergic]
    #1899850 - 09/09/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe he would have written "Stupid Brown Men" instead.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1899971 - 09/09/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Or he could have called it "Stupid Human Kind".

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Anonymous

#1900251 - 09/09/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Ouch. :smile:

I don't think there would have been enough money to be made from a movie with that title.  And after all, that is what Mooreon really is about.

12 sandwich eating bastard that he is. 

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Edame]
    #1900363 - 09/09/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

And the real question begging to be asked is... why are they getting so worked up about a movie, yet could give a fuck less about the lies regurgitated nightly on their news?

How is Micheal Moore any different then a selected president's speeches linking Iraq to 9-11 with lies and forged documents? Come on folks, its entertainment.. yet your country goes down the tubes and it's patriotism.

What poppy cock.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1900575 - 09/09/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

When entertainment is passed off as non-fiction what blind fool wouldn't be bothered by that?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1900652 - 09/09/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

A recent poll shows that 69% of Americans now think that Saddam Hussein was (directly) tied to 9/11 in some fashion.

Is this because there is any evidence to that end? Nope. It is because the Bush cabal has, time and time again, mentioned those two topics in the same sentence. Over and over... without ever clarifying that they were two different topics.

So, what y'all are saying is that it's okay for our fucking president to do this - to use this unchecked doublespeak to swing popular opinion in (a very very predetermined) direction, but if a filmmaker does something similar to prove a point, then he should be, and I quote:

"beating that doughboy fatass beefytits motherfucker around some. Stupid fat bastard. I can't stand slovenly, pissed off, liberal fatasses. What a shitty combination. I wish that he would have been in NYC on 9/11"

Who the fuck are you people, really?

No... really...

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1900687 - 09/09/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If someone lies to prove a point does that automatically make the point false?

Lying is lying no matter who does it. I don't see the point arguing "why argue about this and not about that". If you want to argue about something else, then start another thread.

Maybe Hussein was an immediate threat and maybe he wasn't. He probably wasn't, but to me that is a moot point. We got him out of power, and to me, if Iraq pulls out of this and becomes 90% less fucking insane then I am satisfied with the results.

If on the other hand this all blows up in our faces, the situation doesn't get any better, or gets even worse (for us, but especially for them) then I will be pissed. As it is right now, I'm wary.

--------------------

Invisiblepsilocybe cubensis
Blood, guts, andbroken teeth.

Loc: Lost Angels
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: lysergic]
    #1901031 - 09/10/03 01:52 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Funny that I see this post, I am watching this movie as we speak. I don't agree with the movie entirely but find it interesting. I thought it was interesting when he mentioned the amount of gun murders in the US compared to other countries. I guess things just work differently out here. I guess murder is as American as apple pie IMO... haha. As a hardcore gun advocate I thought it would be interesting seeing this movie since I've always taken an interest in the columbine shootings. Yea... there is a lot of bullshit in this movie... but I liked certain parts of it.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: psilocybe cubensis]
    #1901048 - 09/10/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ten million children under five die of gunshot in America every day.

--------------------

Invisiblefarfelu
Stranger
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1901342 - 09/10/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

edit: Moore is brilliant.

Edited by farfelu (09/10/03 08:07 AM)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: farfelu]
    #1901360 - 09/10/03 07:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What the hell are you rambling about? The point of the thread is that Moore is a damn liar.

Anonymous

#1901485 - 09/10/03 08:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i liked your first post better.

indeed, shakta, he is a liar.

fucking propagandizing asshole, too.

Invisiblefarfelu
Stranger
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: ]
    #1901548 - 09/10/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Who are you people?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1901567 - 09/10/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

farfelu said:
Who are you people?

People who don't like lying sacks of shit like Moore.

If he had done his movies without the lies, fabrication and bullshit, perhaps many would have a different opinion of him.

What I want to know is.... who are you people who still idolize him after seeing what a lying asshole he is? Does the truth mean nothing to you or are you just comfortable with lies?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1901978 - 09/10/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The same could be said for Bush. People believe what they want to believe.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1901987 - 09/10/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:

As shown by the contents of several recent threads... yes they do.

Often with no basis in fact.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1901989 - 09/10/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:

Somehow I knew this post was going to say the exact same thing it does Edame. There is a HUGE difference between the two. We have no proof Bush has lied about anything.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: shakta]
    #1902045 - 09/10/03 11:54 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There's a huge difference alright. Michael Moore's making films, his decisions don't directly affect millions of lives all over the world.

Take a look at the quotes below. If MM had made a film with those claims, I'm sure some of you would be lining up to take a shot at him.

Emphasis mine:

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.
George W. Bush, President
Speech to UN General Assembly
9/12/2002

Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons. We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have
Radio Address
10/5/2002

After eleven years during which we have tried containment, sanctions, inspections, even selected military action, the end result is that Saddam Hussein still has chemical and biological weapons and is increasing his capabilities to make more. And he is moving ever closer to developing a nuclear weapon.
Cincinnati, Ohio Speech
10/7/2002

We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas
Cincinnati, Ohio Speech
10/7/2002

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.
Address to the Nation
3/17/2003

But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them.
Interview with TVP Poland
5/30/2003

You remember when [Secretary of State] Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons ...They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two...And we'll find more weapons as time goes on.
Press Briefing
5/30/2003

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1902060 - 09/10/03 11:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My point is the jury is still out on his claims, while Moore has been proven a liar.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: shakta]
    #1902075 - 09/10/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps you could point out some specific quotes from Moore that prove him to be a liar?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags