Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineevileye001
Stranger then you
Male User Gallery

kratom!!! yay!
    #19002383 - 10/20/13 01:19 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

so i had never tried kratom b4 tonight. i have been intrested in trying kratom for a while now. mostly because it can have stimulating and sedative effects. so i just got some kratom from a good reference from the shroomery. this vendor is great! super fast shipping and gave me everything i wanted and even a little bonus!

so i tried some kratom about a hour ago. had about three tea spoons of bali since i have to go to bed soon. i must say that this is quite nice. i have had a few beers tonight (kinda a heavy drinker) and my last beer i have been only sipping on for the last hour witch is unusual for me. quite relaxed and just chill. almost like iv drank more then i have but not as "drunk".

i also have some Green Malaysian and White Vein Indo

im really struggling to see what all the differences between different strains are since there are soooooo many. any advice you can give on kratom? opinions? advice?

i LOVE stimulants but dont like messing around with meth, tho i do take regular amphetamines once in a blue moon. i also have problems sleeping witch is why i usually drink to help me sleep. thats why kratom seemed so appealing to me.

any general input?

:aweohyou:

--------------------
we are the universe contemplating its self.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: evileye001]
    #19002393 - 10/20/13 01:25 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

try on empty stomach with coffee, nice synergy especially with no caffeine tolerance.

Offlineevileye001
Stranger then you
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: Hobozen]
    #19002397 - 10/20/13 01:30 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

i am VERY tolerant to caffeine. i was just born that way.

--------------------

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#19002405 - 10/20/13 01:35 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

so, try it anyways

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

#19002410 - 10/20/13 01:37 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

did you know, coffee and kratom are in the same plant family, too

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#19002423 - 10/20/13 01:44 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

i was wondering about this too. i have a very difficult time sleeping and after reading about kratom it seems like it would help me get a good nights sleep. weed helps but i am trying not to smoke atm.

Offlineevileye001
Stranger then you
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: zZZz]
    #19002452 - 10/20/13 01:54 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
i was wondering about this too. i have a very difficult time sleeping and after reading about kratom it seems like it would help me get a good nights sleep. weed helps but i am trying not to smoke atm.

from what i understand the strain and dosage can make a huge difference if its stimulating, sedative or a transition between the both

the bali i just took seems to be sedative at my low dose. tho i am drinking too.

--------------------

Offlineevileye001
Stranger then you
Male User Gallery

#19002454 - 10/20/13 01:55 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blankk said:
did you know, coffee and kratom are in the same plant family, too

sounds like we need to start selectively breading this family. lol

--------------------

OfflineSnotfish
Striped
Male User Gallery

#19002494 - 10/20/13 02:18 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

There is a ton of information out there about strain differences. Right now I am into Green Malay which I'm liking and is good for work. I've been a daily user for 1.5+ years and must say, my favorite is Maeng Da. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. My go-to is definitely Bali though.

And yes, kratom + coffee = my 'thing' that I am tapping into constantly.

--------------------

Offlineevileye001
Stranger then you
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: Snotfish]
    #19002510 - 10/20/13 02:23 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dankfish said:
There is a ton of information out there about strain differences. Right now I am into Green Malay which I'm liking and is good for work. I've been a daily user for 1.5+ years and must say, my favorite is Maeng Da. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. My go-to is definitely Bali though.

And yes, kratom + coffee = my 'thing' that I am tapping into constantly.

i gess ill try some of my green malay for work tomorrow

--------------------

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #19003080 - 10/20/13 09:01 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

curious if you have experienced any side effects with daily use?

my bf & i have gone through 3 oz. of Maeng Da in the past month or so...I noticed that when I took it with coffee I got a little bit of heart-racing that was kind of uncomfortable. Otherwise, I had to take so much of it to experience a high, that it made me kinda nauseous. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleDoctor Sponge
He's off on a tangent
Male User Gallery

Loc: the desert Flag
Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: yogabunny]
    #19003089 - 10/20/13 09:04 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I fapjacked to op's sig

--------------------

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#19003200 - 10/20/13 09:49 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

i'm jealous. like i said in another thread, i finally decided to order some and was told by the vendor that they can't ship to me due to kratom's legal status in my state (which is iffy at best). pretty bummed, i really think it would be advantageous for me to use

--------------------

OfflineSnotfish
Striped
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: yogabunny]
    #19003499 - 10/20/13 11:35 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pika* said:
curious if you have experienced any side effects with daily use?

my bf & i have gone through 3 oz. of Maeng Da in the past month or so...I noticed that when I took it with coffee I got a little bit of heart-racing that was kind of uncomfortable. Otherwise, I had to take so much of it to experience a high, that it made me kinda nauseous. :sad:

My voice is slightly slurry on high doses, but other than that I can't really say I've had any side effects even combined with copious amounts of alcohol.

I suffered a traumatic brain injury half a year ago and, as you can imagine, tests galore. Everything was fine in my body and my brain healed at a shocking rate which surprised all of my doctors/therapists. Kratom is CHALKED with antioxidants and I haven't even so much as had a cold in two years

You may think that my above paragraph was pointless with the TBI, but kratom surrounded the entire event and anything physically debilitating would have been flagged down immediately.

I really do see it as simply a better "coffee of the day"

--------------------

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #19003882 - 10/20/13 01:06 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Kratom is awesome, glad you got to try it OP!

try mixing strains for a more well-rounded effect.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
    #19004310 - 10/20/13 02:58 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Did you build up a tolerance fairly quickly with daily use? Pika, what about you?

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: SoreSpore] * 4
    #19004432 - 10/20/13 03:29 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Here is a post I just made about kratom a while ago. This is my usual routine with kratom and I'll explain why:

When my order arrives, I plan to use around five grams in each dose because less is more. I'm going to try potentiating with grapefruit juice, then take my dose along with 100mg of magnesium citrate mixed into a bowl of yogurt. Then, I will immediately drink a cup of coffee, maybe smoke a bowl an hour in and eat a meal for a second round of effects. I know this plant from top to bottom, and know the effects down to pretty much every ten minute interval it works on me. Fucking love kratom :heart:

magneisum citrate: potentiates the kratom and reduces tolerance build up
grapefruit juice: increases intensity of high and lengthens the duration of effects
caffeine: perfect synergy with kratom and brings the high to the next level
weed: increases the opiate effects and makes it feel like a true opiate
also,

benadryl: potentiates high and increases sedation

Contrary to what your vendor may be telling you, there are very FEW strains of kratom that actually exist. White vein strains tend to be stimulating, have effects within five to ten minutes and have a shorter high. Green vein strains usually take a while to kick in, have the longest effects, are smooth, and are a half and half mix of stimulation and sedation. Red vein strains, the preferred choice by most, offer the most sedation and opiate like effects and have a good duration. I personally prefer mixing white and red vein.

Also, maeng da is not an actual strain. It's most likely a thai strain renamed by vendors to attract more people and get higher prices. There is no maeng da tree and the name came from this picture:

The person claims the origin of maeng da is from these types of leaves, but from what I have researched they are very fucking rare and are not actually what you are being sold as maeng da. Also, Bali is not a strain either. Bali is actually Red Borneo, and often they ship the leaves out of Bali but that's not where the actual kratom is grown.

Finally, my preferred dose is around 3-4 grams for stimulation and 5-7.5 grams for sedative effects. Due to the fact that kratom has around twenty alkaloids working at once, some of which have been proven to be nmda antagonists I believe, you can use it pretty much every day once a day with little tolerance buildup. From my experience this has been accurate. DO NOT use extracts because they often fucking suck and jack up your tolerance because they only take out a couple alkaloids and don't balance it out with the others which balance out the effects and keep your tolerance down.

Boom, just random kratom info off the top of my head. Enjoy

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #19004452 - 10/20/13 03:35 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Good post, thanks for the info. That may genuinely help me in the future.

--------------------

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: Synthe]
    #19004473 - 10/20/13 03:40 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Also, forgot to mention. There is a term some kratom use called single strain syndrome. SSS is when you take on strain of kratom for too long and build up a tolerance to it's effects. I avoid this by alternating different strains as much as possible which makes the experience fresh and powerful each time.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
pump ur peen
Male User Gallery

#19004503 - 10/20/13 03:46 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

evileye001 said:
any general input?

:aweohyou:

Kratom is awesome, indeed!
Tolerance develops to it if you do it every day, so be careful about ruining the magic.
I never bought the kratom powder online, I just bought the overpriced pre-packaged capsules from head shops.
Does anybody know how the online kratom compares to the headshop kratom?

Also, since you said "general input" I'll say this: drinking alcohol every night to fall asleep sounds like a recipe for disaster in the long run of your life (alcoholism). 
I think you should find a healthier way to sleep, such as getting physical exercise every day (if you don't) or not being on the computer for at least 1 hour before bed (being on the computer makes it hard to fall asleep since it keeps your brain stimulated).  Instead, try reading a book during the last hour before you want to sleep.

:heart:

--------------------
:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:  I dropped a cheesy pop dance track "Be With Me, Baby": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezFSNS7JDI :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

OfflineBetzyNW
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Oregon U.S.A.
Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #19005346 - 10/20/13 06:55 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hey IMO online vendors are the way to go, leaping leaf is my personal favorite, it only takes 2 days for it to arrive to me, you can get free shipping with purchases over 40$ and they are so much cheaper than going to a headshop, you can get 25 gram for 12$ as apposed to 30 grams for 25$. and i enjoy going online and picking out a bunch of different strains and species. Then experimenting with each kind, mixing and etc. is fucking fun. I love kratom too, so if you are a somewhat heavy user like me it would be too expensive to buy from headshops. Online vendors > headshop kratom. :thumbup:

--------------------
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
- Terance Mckenna

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: BetzyNW]
    #19005369 - 10/20/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I get 1200 grams for 150$

--------------------

OfflineSkeletalSpore
♥$♄ґ◎◎мεя⑂♥
Male

Loc: Lake Titicaca, Canada Flag
Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: BetzyNW]
    #19005371 - 10/20/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I've read that alcohol + kratom is a terrible combination... try kratom alone and see what it's like

--------------------
:dancingbear: :vibin:

OfflineSnotfish
Striped
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: SkeletalSpore]
    #19005496 - 10/20/13 07:29 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SkeletalSpore said:
I've read that alcohol + kratom is a terrible combination... try kratom alone and see what it's like

This may have to do with the fact that I am never NOT under the influence of kratom, but I love the two together. It's never made me sick or feel bad and after a couple drinks the two combine beautifully together. Too much alcohol can easily mask the kratom though.

--------------------

Offlineevileye001
Stranger then you
Male User Gallery

Re: kratom!!! yay! [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #19006654 - 10/21/13 12:18 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Bitter Cactus said:
Here is a post I just made about kratom a while ago. This is my usual routine with kratom and I'll explain why:

When my order arrives, I plan to use around five grams in each dose because less is more. I'm going to try potentiating with grapefruit juice, then take my dose along with 100mg of magnesium citrate mixed into a bowl of yogurt. Then, I will immediately drink a cup of coffee, maybe smoke a bowl an hour in and eat a meal for a second round of effects. I know this plant from top to bottom, and know the effects down to pretty much every ten minute interval it works on me. Fucking love kratom :heart:

magneisum citrate: potentiates the kratom and reduces tolerance build up
grapefruit juice: increases intensity of high and lengthens the duration of effects
caffeine: perfect synergy with kratom and brings the high to the next level
weed: increases the opiate effects and makes it feel like a true opiate
also,

benadryl: potentiates high and increases sedation

Contrary to what your vendor may be telling you, there are very FEW strains of kratom that actually exist. White vein strains tend to be stimulating, have effects within five to ten minutes and have a shorter high. Green vein strains usually take a while to kick in, have the longest effects, are smooth, and are a half and half mix of stimulation and sedation. Red vein strains, the preferred choice by most, offer the most sedation and opiate like effects and have a good duration. I personally prefer mixing white and red vein.

Also, maeng da is not an actual strain. It's most likely a thai strain renamed by vendors to attract more people and get higher prices. There is no maeng da tree and the name came from this picture:

The person claims the origin of maeng da is from these types of leaves, but from what I have researched they are very fucking rare and are not actually what you are being sold as maeng da. Also, Bali is not a strain either. Bali is actually Red Borneo, and often they ship the leaves out of Bali but that's not where the actual kratom is grown.

Finally, my preferred dose is around 3-4 grams for stimulation and 5-7.5 grams for sedative effects. Due to the fact that kratom has around twenty alkaloids working at once, some of which have been proven to be nmda antagonists I believe, you can use it pretty much every day once a day with little tolerance buildup. From my experience this has been accurate. DO NOT use extracts because they often fucking suck and jack up your tolerance because they only take out a couple alkaloids and don't balance it out with the others which balance out the effects and keep your tolerance down.

Boom, just random kratom info off the top of my head. Enjoy

you deserve 5 shrooms for that. quality info. thx!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order