Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

When do we revolt?
    #1897890 - 09/09/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am interested in the answers from this forum as to when should a public revolt against its government. I have a feeling this should spark some interesting debate.

I am not interested in other governments ruling over peoples, i.e. Gandhi and India. I am talking about governments ruling over thier own people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: When do we revolt? [Re: ]
    #1897903 - 09/09/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Simple. When enough of the people decide the current government is not working the way they want it to. Enough would be a super majority of the people IMO. Say 75% or so.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1897910 - 09/09/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I might support a revolution right now, except that it wouldn't have enough popular support. Any revolution needs the support of the working man, who, unfortunately, is currently too brainwashed by Fox News and TV shows about gay guys giving straight guys a makeover. TV, I think, is an even stronger opiate for the masses than religion.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: When do we revolt? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1898322 - 09/09/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said: TV, I think, is an even stronger opiate for the masses than religion.

Exactly!

Most people are consumed by the entertainment industry. As long as people are interested in things like Britney spears kissing Madonna we are stuck in this reality!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1898336 - 09/09/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sooner rather than later. We need to step back from the path we have taken and return to the path the founding fathers so brilliantly laid out for us.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1898990 - 09/09/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I would also like to point out that even if a majority of the population supported a revolution, and we weren't able to achieve it peacefully, then we wouldn't be able to achieve it by conventional warfare either, since the US military has way more firepower than we could dream about, even if all guns were legal. There is one effective way of fighting against a better-armed opponent, and you guys aren't gonna like this one: terrorism. That's right. If we're gonna defeat the US government in a violent revolution, we can't afford to play by the rules. We'll have to fight dirty. Car bombs, assassinations, you name it. It's the only effective way of fighting against an opponent like the US government.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: When do we revolt? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1899008 - 09/09/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why go backwards?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1899033 - 09/09/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I would also like to point out that even if a majority of the population supported a revolution, and we weren't able to achieve it peacefully, then we wouldn't be able to achieve it by conventional warfare either, since the US military has way more firepower than we could dream about, even if all guns were legal. There is one effective way of fighting against a better-armed opponent, and you guys aren't gonna like this one: terrorism. That's right. If we're gonna defeat the US government in a violent revolution, we can't afford to play by the rules. We'll have to fight dirty. Car bombs, assassinations, you name it. It's the only effective way of fighting against an opponent like the US government.

Well, since I don't think you will have a majority in the country wanting to fight against the government anytime soon I don't think you have to worry about it. Just in case though, PM me your address, and the addresses of any buddies of yours that might like to help.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1899202 - 09/09/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Shouldn't we volt first?

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Anonymous

Re: When do we revolt? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1899376 - 09/09/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why go backwards?

because we were on the right track and got lost.

Anonymous

#1899397 - 09/09/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

we would need to use guerrilla warfare, not terrorism. there is a difference.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: When do we revolt? [Re: Autonomous]
    #1899406 - 09/09/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I couldn't find a rimshot greamlin...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1899415 - 09/09/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You assume the majority of the military are mindless assholes that would take up arms against their friends and family members.

While that happened during the civil war, I think in todays society with friends and family scattered all across the country, that's much less likely.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: When do we revolt? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1899424 - 09/09/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Why go backwards?

It's not necessary to go backwards, just a step sideways onto the correct path.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1899653 - 09/09/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

Its very interesting that you posted this, when just yesterday I was working on a short story that dealt with the exact same subject. Really makes you think about things in a different context...

-ShadeGirl

Anonymous

Re: When do we revolt? [Re: MOTH]
    #1899678 - 09/09/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

never (at least as far as i know) has a campaign of terrorism been successful in achieving any political goals.

guerrilla warfare, on the other hand, can be very effective.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1899721 - 09/09/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

there was a guy that tried that: Timothy McVeigh

it didn't work out so well for him...

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: When do we revolt? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1899758 - 09/09/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

McVeigh's concepts of strategy and tactics were lacking. There are serious questions regarding his actions, what the government knew and what happened to John Doe #2 (a swarthy looking fellow). It would seem to some that McVeigh was involved in a government sting gone bad. Check out some of these stories.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1899760 - 09/09/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

we would need to use guerrilla warfare, not terrorism. there is a difference.

Yes. Terrorism would only hurt any movement.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: When do we revolt? [Re: sirreal]
    #1899785 - 09/09/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah you'd only play into their hands. it's easy to dismiss the political motives of anyone who kills innocents.
I hope no one is advocating terrorism here as a legitimate tool of change.
even if I was to support a revolution, I would never support such tactics because
if you have to resort to murdering innocent civilians, you've already lost.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder