Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: falseaddiction]
    #1898616 - 09/09/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That bottom picture is definitely of Panaeolus subbalteatus. You be subbn' :smile: Regardless of what mj may tell you about these mushrooms being as potent as cubensis by weight, disregard that. On a really good day, really good, Pan subbs might be half as potent as cubensis, I've bioassayed on many occasions and 10 dried grams only produced  threshold effects, possibly just placebo.

Start with a small dose in case you got a hold of an extra potent strain/patch/field of Panaeolus subbalteatus. But you'll quickly learn just how weak these mushrooms are, and it'll give you an idea how much dry weight you'll need to save up. BTW: Don't eat these mushrooms fresh, only consume when dried, fresh mushrooms can and from experiance, usually do cause stomach cramping/pain.

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalseaddiction
There's agoldmine up onthe mountainside

Loc: Where the nugs flow like ...
Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: Lizard King]
    #1898654 - 09/09/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

to tell you the honest truth man...i have never tripped. I had become very intrested but i wanted to find my own! i thought that would be cool for the first time. is it safe to asume other mushrooms growing in this garden,. which is 20 by 20 feet that they are pan subbs to, as long as gills, stem, cap all look the same, make sure they have the ring on the cap. the gray black gills, and whatnot. There is no other fungus growing in there. I hope i have a good trip!

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: Lizard King]
    #1898711 - 09/09/03 03:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

All very sound advice LK. I agree 100% with everything you said...

Those fresh subbs cause the shits :lipsrsealed:

Offlinefalseaddiction

Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: Gumby]
    #1899096 - 09/09/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am 155 pounds, 19 yrs old, how much do u think i should take? Remember , its my first time, i just want to take it slow, but i want to feel effects and how long after ingestion has the mushrooms fully taken effect? some people have told me these kick in faster...idk if its the truth.

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #1900114 - 09/09/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well the verdict is in and so are congratulations... !!!! Congrats falseaddiction.... On finding the subbs..

Keep up the good work.... Nice find... hope you find more.. I found 3 earlier this summer and they havn't returned... I keep looking though.... Wishful thinking....

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Edited by nofind_um (09/10/03 04:11 AM)

Offlinefalseaddiction

Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: nofind_um]
    #1900205 - 09/09/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ya, i found 30 an totoally fucked them up and they rotted. i got about 11 more now drying. just on damprid tho, no fan...hope this is ok. Also, one of them is allll blue. like the whole thing bruised, the cap and everthing and all i did was handel it, and a few hours later blue! i will get a pic when i can! There are still some pins in the garden! so i know a few more are comin! hopefully more will show up. last time it only took 2 days and i found some mature ones!

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1901182 - 09/10/03 04:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thats strang becasue in thirty year no one has ever reported seeoin g a cap of Panawous subbalteatus get blue. The red/brown colors of the caps and stems hide the boueing reaction in 99% of all collections and usually it is the stem which may or may not bruies blue after handling.

Come Lawn copes or Panaeolus castaneifolius might have a bluing reaction in a cap buit as I n9oted no one has ever seen bluing in a cal of P. subbs.

And Panaeolus subbalteatus do not have rings on the tops of the caps. the bands of colors are called zonate.

mj

Offlinefalseaddiction

Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1901416 - 09/10/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well when it started to dry out it turned a lighter brownish color, tanish, and then i could see the cap a bit blue. it was mostly super dark in the stem, but definitly some on the cap. This mushroom was a bit lighter than the other from the start and didn't have as big of a zonate. (ring as i like to call it) I will try and take some pics!
also just because they are blue doesn't mean they could be anyting bad right?

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #1901511 - 09/10/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i have seen bluing in the caps of panaeolus subbaltaetus.
it was a particularly white patch of specimines, no pigment, noticeable bluing in the cap and stipe

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1901642 - 09/10/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There are numerous photos of white dried caps of P. subbs at my site and no blueing is present inany of those.

mj, except the cracked surface from drying or the brownish tones left formt he reddish/brown zones of colors on the caps.

While the Hawaiian stems blued intesely similar to a siolvery/blue as do some copelandia shrooms, they too never had any bluing int he cap/

mj

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #1902777 - 09/10/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well ive seen it, although granted only once. the cap was damaged by me during picking, not broken, simply abbraded slightly. sure enough it turned sky blue. i actually have a pic of that mushroom, but it is with a bunch of others and you really cannot discern the phenomena im describing from it

Offlinefalseaddiction

Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID - trip report [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1917635 - 09/15/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well i ate them this weekened, along with some p. cubes my friend had. After I ate about 8 of the pans I felt really stoned and went for a walk in the woods, it was pretty coo, and i actually found 2 more pans, although i didn't keep them since there were only 2. I went back to my friends house, where my gf was, my friend and his gf. so we all were trippin but my gf, cause she wanted to make sure i was ok. (and later i was thankful)
I ate some p. cubes about an hour after the pans,i don't really know how much, i just kept munching on some stems and stuff. probably about 1.5 grams, no more than that. it was about an hour and a half now and my friend said smoke some weed and it will kick it in (i allllways some , everyday, but i didn't want to causei wanted to make sure i was feeling the mushrooms and not the weed) but he talked me into it.
He was right, 15 minutees later i was looking at George Washington on a pillow in the living room and he was hiding behind some flowers and he looked like an old photo, but moving. then the walls started to move backwards and his fireplace forwards. it was really cool, but kinda scary for the first time.
Then it started fucking with my head..... i didn't really like this. I was thinking of fucked up stuff from when i was a kid, and somethings that just got to me. Everything had sooo much importance, likee everything little character on Fantasia (we watched that).
All in all it was really fun, and a lot of other stuff happened, but it kinda freaked me out in my head. I felt like i was in some world and i would never be able to get back to "normal". I just couldn't conceive what normal was at that point. My gf helped me calm down and talked to me and stuff...that helped a lot.
I know i will do it again.... just hopefully more visuals next time and less in my brain. sometimes it felt almost painful, like it was scanning my brain.... so weird. Well...take it easy, peace

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: Pan Sub Find!? Need an ID - trip report [Re: falseaddiction]
    #1918282 - 09/15/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quite an experience.... next time make sure you have plenty to keep your mind occupied.... When I run out of interesting things I start to wander into my own mind and past that sucks....

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale