Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
why is it that
    #1898504 - 09/09/03 04:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I used to spend tons of time here in s&p reading and learning from everyone. Now its like I lack the mental energy to expand my awareness and veiws of the world. Do yall think there is a limit to how much people can develope spiritually? Or is it just phases of mental development?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: why is it that [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1898571 - 09/09/03 04:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

have you been reading more books and going out in the forest more lately?

that wouldnt be a bad exchange... I think I need to find as many methods as possible to understanding life better and I think some of them are music, silence, reading, many different things

life is always changing and its a TriP y0 guess i need to learn to roll with the flow

--------------------
I&I

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
    #1898574 - 09/09/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

People change their focus from time to time. I used to be huge into this forum too, then I barely visited, and now I'm back to reading more here than any other forum besides otd. Sometimes I feel more spiritual for long periods of time and sometimes I'm more worried about more material things. It just depends on what's happening in my life.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1898628 - 09/09/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think of it as going in cycles.. I've been on the shroomery for four years, and I have always had cycles where I was more interested and glued to the screen than other times. A month or two or six of addiction, a month off. I lose interest at times, or have lots of things going on in 'real life', and so not enough time to spend here.

There's only so much you can learn from reading and absorbing information, views and opinions.. then you reach a plateu and you need to go out and experience more in order to create more capacity for questions and learning. I won't lie, I lose interest in this forum sometimes, and I do little more than read and make sure everything is running smoothly. But at other times, my interest is peaked, and I feel compelled to post a lot, and read everything, and absorb, and share, and express. This is by far my favorite forum, yet I still lose touch with it sometimes, so I have to get away from it for short periods of time and get 'back in touch'.

There's nothing wrong with you.. maybe you just need a break to assess your life. We're always here, and the wise people of this forum are in abundance, and always willing to help. Just relax, and let things flow naturally. You'll be back in the groove in no time.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: why is it that [Re: Shroomism]
    #1898903 - 09/09/03 06:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, there are periods of times where I start skimming.. Sometimes I almost lose complete interest, but something always pulls me back..

By the way, I had noticed your recent absence, thought maybe you were disowning us or something.. I basically hold you as one of the more experienced in this whole field, and you seem to be a little more above my thinking.. In any case, always a pleasure reading your comments.

Long live cycles! hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1899925 - 09/09/03 09:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hehe yeah I feel you on that, but I don't think there really is an "end" to what a person can know. there's always room for improvement and learning :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #1899993 - 09/09/03 10:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for all the imput everyone. I think Im in the "then you reach a plateu and you need to go out and experience more in order to create more capacity for questions and learning" stage

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1900173 - 09/09/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

same. i came to the shroomery and learned sooooo much. now i just come not as much to read s&p but to read what people have to say, make a few comments, but nothing too deep. school just started up and it seems like i dont have very much time at this moment and there are some other things ive been trying to do and i havent had mushies in a while. hopefully my friend can get me some lsd soon and i can prep myself a couple weeks in advance and take a day off to just go out and learn stuff and experience. i know a day sounds like not much but you'd be surprised at what can happen in a single day. im behind in some of the things i need to do such as things ive been meaning to do (find someone to dread my hair, start growing me some mushies for me and my good friends :laugh:) and keep goin with school. i think once i get caught up i'll be a bit more relaxed and open to things again and be more thoughtful. good thread. got me thinking. but i have seen a change in myself lately over the past little while and so have other people and a lot of it started on a mush trip when i realised a whole lot of stuff and possibly the one of the most important lessons ive learned in a while, where i realised that i dont need money to be happy and ever since then i've felt much more free. like i said other people have noticed my change. i was talking to a friend today and she said i've changed but it's for the better. she says it's like i've grown or something like that and yeah. i dunno some other stuff but basically it's all good. 

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: why is it that [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1900732 - 09/10/03 01:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I've been absent lately due to various life situations.. I'm trying to be around more often now though. I don't think I'm 'above you in thinking' or anything for that matter. We are all spiritual beings, having human experiences, all on separate paths of evolution, all experiencing life and learning and evolving..you may know more about something than me because you have been there and vice versa.. so we communicate, we share, and we teach and learn from each other. I am the student as well as the teacher. So long live human interaction and the endless cycles of evolution and learning!

Namaste

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1901231 - 09/10/03 07:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I don't think I'm 'above you in thinking' or anything for that matter. 

Well, I didn't mean it like that.. just that you have a lot more experience in areas that I am only now starting to realize, and a lot of that is thanks to you.  :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: why is it that [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1901572 - 09/10/03 11:15 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ya I agree with you , shroomism always has something wise to say.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology