Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
UK Plan to keep file on every child
    #1898287 - 09/09/03 03:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I love this country, it makes me feel safe that there are cameras watching me nearly everywhere I go in public. It makes me feel safe that my government is trying to railroad an ID card into use, which will store my personal details along with biometric info like fingerprints and iris scans. I feel fortunate that David Blunkett wants to give the police the ability to store my DNA on file if I'm ever arrested, regardless of whether I'm charged with anything. I'm proud of the technological progress that allows schools to use fingerprint scans to lend books to children.

Now, should I ever want to have a child, the government would like to give him/her an ID number so that their details can be stored in a database.

Of course I'm not in the slightest bit worried that my government might have access to this potential wealth of information about my life. What business is it of mine if they can call up and cross-reference my medical records, DNA, fingerprints, iris scans, travel details, spending habits, addresses, relations, education records etc...

If I've done nothing wrong then there's nothiing to hide, right?

[/rant]

I may have an extreme disliking for the Bush administration, but Blair and his gang are well on their way to their own Orwellian state over here too.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: Edame]
    #1898298 - 09/09/03 03:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You know, I understand the intentions behind these kind of things, but they are severly misguided. I don't want to have to have my 'papers' with me to go to the next town. If I am driving a DL is an obvious exception to this. Of course it is already illegal here not to have ID on you if you are an adult. You can get a vagrancy charge for it. This is a misdemeanor of course, and not that big of a deal.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1898311 - 09/09/03 03:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I may have an extreme disliking for the Bush administration, but Blair and his gang are well on their way to their own Orwellian state over here too.

You forgot to mention that you're expected to not defend yourself.

Seriously, sounds like you're closer to the Orwellian state than we are.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: shakta]
    #1898342 - 09/09/03 03:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The funny thing is, here in the UK you don't even have to have your DL on you. If I get stopped by the cops and I don't have my DL on me it's no big deal, I have about 7 days to show it at my local police station.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1898357 - 09/09/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think the ID requirement varies from state to state.

You are required to always have your license when driving although I have my number memorized and have gotten away with that.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#1899448 - 09/09/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

sounds alot worse than we have it here. they haven't disarmed us yet either.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: ]
    #1901287 - 09/10/03 08:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I feel safe, not.

Was robbed in broad daylight in the middle of a busy street with a knife, directly under 2 CCTV by banks!!! The police claimed they had searched the tape but couldn't find me on there, bollocks.
Little me getting threatened by a black and a white dude it was kinda obviouse.
All they did was show me photo's of some hardened criminals that were obviously not your lame street robbers. This country is shite.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: Ego Death]
    #1901292 - 09/10/03 08:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

British Law is great, what about the Cheif Constable in North Wales that has issued over 2,000 speeding tickets in a month but only solved 6% of crimes....

What an age we live in

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1901530 - 09/10/03 10:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

You forgot to mention that you're expected to not defend yourself.

Seriously, sounds like you're closer to the Orwellian state than we are.

Yeah, your death by gun rate is the envy of the whole world!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: GazzBut]
    #1901559 - 09/10/03 11:09 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, the death rate has lots to do with an Orwellian state.

Thanks for throwing in that informative point.

Of course I'm sure you realize that the amount of guns in the population has nothing to do with the murder rate seeing as there are countries with higher rates of gun ownership.

--------------------

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Loc: Lancaster (Uni), Darlingt...
Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1901584 - 09/10/03 11:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Yes, the death rate has lots to do with an Orwellian state.

Thanks for throwing in that informative point.

Of course I'm sure you realize that the amount of guns in the population has nothing to do with the murder rate seeing as there are countries with higher rates of gun ownership.

Yeah,there's no connection between having a gun and using it and not having a gun and not using it. You won't find many gun-related deaths in countries which don't allow the public to have guns... strangely enough.

UH

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference - Bill Hicks

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: UK Plan to keep file on every child [Re: unlikelyhero]
    #1901598 - 09/10/03 11:25 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, much better to be stabbed or beaten to death.

That would be so comforting.

Cop - Hello Mr. unlikelyhero sir.... this is your local police. I regret to tell you your mom/sister/girlfriend has been murdered.

UH - Oh No! Tell me officer.... was she shot.

Cop - No she was raped and then stabbed to death.

UH - Thank god she wasn't shot!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion