Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
How long should I wait for first growth?
    #1896859 - 09/09/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It has been 4 days since I inoculated my first set of jars. How long should I wait before I deem it a failure and start over? The PF-Tek says that I should see growth of the mycelium within 4 days. I havent seen any type of growth.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSam_Kohui
if you onlyknew...

Re: How long should I wait for first growth? [Re: niteowl]
    #1897022 - 09/09/03 04:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

patience young jedi...while you wait for something to grow keep yourself occupied by reading the  FAQs and always do a search before you post...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23279
Quote:

Why haven't my jars shown any growth yet?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

First mantra of the hobby - "Patience." Germination can occur as early as 2 -3 days, but it may take up to a week or more for he first signs of germination to show. It depends on a multitude of factors - some of which are: temperature, substrate, spore concentration, age of the spores, etc. There are so many different relevant factors it is very hard to determine within the 1st2 weeks why you have not shown germination. Give it at least a week before you worry, and at least 2 weeks before you panic. All you need are 2 spores to germinate and take over the entire jar - and luck is on your side when proper procedures are followed. Please be patient and do not panic after only 2 days, no matter how fast you've read other people's colonization was. Their setup, factors, everything varies just slightly from yours. Now, after a period of time with no germination, analyze all of the possibilities (such as temperature, water content, sterilization procedures, etc.) that would hinder growth. This is your best bet on learning the life cycle, and also learning the peculiarities of your personal setup (as far as variations go).

if i had a nickel for everytime i posted this for a newbie...i could buy a bag of perlite :tongue2: 

--------------------
The PF Tek...it's a piece of cake (the BRF kind :cool: )

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation