Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: unlikelyhero]
    #1895266 - 09/08/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

did you over look my statement regarding switzerland?

its obvious that if everyone has a gun, people are less likely to use them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: ]
    #1895292 - 09/08/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As far as I understand it, the reason for the high gun ownership in Switzerland is due to their militia system. They may have lots of guns and rifles, but they are trained during their military service on how to use them responsibly. As far as I'm aware, no such system is widespread in the US.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Edame]
    #1895324 - 09/08/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Also, considering the abuse that Moore seems to be getting on this thread, how does everyone feel about FOX news? In a recent lawsuit, FOX argued in their defence that it was not against the law to lie or distort the news. How's that for 'Fair and Balanced'?

Quote:

http://www.foxbghsuit.com/ja021903.htm

Accepting a defense rejected by three other Florida state judges in at least six separate motions, a Florida appeals court has reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.

In a six-page written decision released February 14, the court essentially ruled the journalist never stated a valid whistle-blower claim because, they ruled, it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

In the lawsuit filed in 1998, Akre claimed she was wrongfully terminated for threatening to blow the whistle to the FCC. After a five-week trial that ended August 18, 2000, a six-person jury was unanimous in its conclusion that she was indeed fired for threatening report the station?s pressure to broadcast what jurors decided was ?a false, distorted, or slanted? story about the widespread use of growth hormone in dairy cows.

In overturning the jury on what amounts to a legal technicality, the court did not dispute the heart of Akre?s claim, that Fox pressured her to broadcast a false story to protect the broadcaster from having to defend the truth in court, as well as suffer the ire of irate advertisers.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1895383 - 09/08/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Technically correct.

Morally repugnant.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Gus]
    #1895599 - 09/08/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gus said:
Why in the USA theres over 10 000 murders wich involved guns ?
Bunch of psyco ! :wink: 

Are you ASKING a question or MAKING a statement? I cannot tell from what you posted.
All I know is that Michael Moore must be taken with about 10 million grains of salt and a sense of humor. 

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Clover]
    #1895735 - 09/08/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

think gus was being sarcastic.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: lysergic]
    #1896299 - 09/08/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lysergic said:
Yea, micheal moore is either a jew, or the jew-media has implanted the bug of "white hate" in him.  either way, he is a fuckwit.  I think that someoen should lock him and Charleton Heston in a room together with one gun, and let them fight to the death. 

Thank you.

Thank you for strengthening the inherant notion I have.  Then notion that makes me fucking pro nuclear.  GODDAMMIT you people make me pro nuclear.  Viruses with shoes.  I swear to god.

Fucking moron.

Oooops.  I think that was a flame!

/e leaves this fucking board again after remembering why he left the first time. 

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1896823 - 09/09/03 01:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Someone outta whip his fat doughy white wussy ass. Shakta and lyseric are right.

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #1896910 - 09/09/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I saw Moore speak at a Green Party Rally, and all I could think was "What a fucking prick!" I can't stand him and I consider myself to be pretty liberal.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Demiurge]
    #1896982 - 09/09/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't won an award for best "documentary" and were instead sold as a work of fiction.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1897005 - 09/09/03 02:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It wouldn't be bad if he wasn't simply whipping the liberal dogs into a little frenzy so he can soothe his own huge ego.
It wouldn't be so bad if he did a blaine-esque trick tying himself to a lampost for 10 days while people pistol-whip him....

All criticism/abuse constructive or not should be mailed too

mike@michaelmoore.com

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Anonymous

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1897833 - 09/09/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't won an award for best "documentary" and were instead sold as a work of fiction.

Precisely

InvisibleEdame
gone

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1897940 - 09/09/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, you're the only person to respond to my question so far, unsurprisingly the Moore bashing continues.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1897969 - 09/09/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:
Thanks, you're the only person to respond to my question so far, unsurprisingly the Moore bashing continues.

Hey no problem. You seem to be one of the few I haven't pissed off in the last few days.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1898314 - 09/09/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You haven't pissed me off. But then, nobody has.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Autonomous]
    #1898327 - 09/09/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: Give me time!

It's what happens when you say what you think and don't toe the PC line.

I've learned to live with it.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1898794 - 09/09/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

man, I had serious problems with this movie.

especially that southpark style cartoon "History of America", which was so bigoted and one sided it prompted me to throw things at the television.

But on the other hand, it made some very good points apart from its bigoted, sensationalist side. I was very fascinated with the whole Canada thing... Seeing that movie really made me want to move there.

All in all, I say that as long as it is watched with the facts in mind and a keen eye for BS, Bowling for Columbine is at the leasty enetertaining and at the most slightly informative.

PS- my favorite part was the Marylin Manson interview- classic! Mr. Manson really showcased his intelligence on that one.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1898978 - 09/09/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'd enjoy beating that doughboy fatass beefytits motherfucker around some. Stupid fat bastard. I can't stand slovenly, pissed off, liberal fatasses. What a shitty combination. I wish that he would have been in NYC on 9/11

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: lysergic]
    #1899335 - 09/09/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I wish that he would have been in NYC on 9/11

Wow, that was a pretty fucking stupid thing to say. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1899837 - 09/09/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

innvertigo - You could either interpret that as me saying I wish he died, or as me saying that I wish he firsthand got to see what happened there so he might hate "white men" a little less.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies