Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: Fungi_x]
    #1899273 - 09/09/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

lol, the crack you smoked?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePieEyedPiXiE
Forest Dweller

Loc: EteRNaL BLiSS
    #1899396 - 09/09/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Since you're in Western NC and so am I, I believe I can assist a fellow carolinian with some stuff. If you're in the mountains like me you will need an aquarium heater if you're planning on growing this fall/winter and if your house is not at least 70-75F. Also I've had a hard time finding some of the supplies in the past. Suggestions: If you're doing the PF tek then you can find Brown Rice flower at a co-op, I go to EarthFare in Asheville. For Vermiculite and Perilite, Lowes has it in Asheville in 8qt bags. If you're looking for Jars, Big Lots on Tunnel RD has them cheap or Walmart. If you really want alot of Vermiculite, you better get it before fall cause it's scarce after that. 4 cubic feet of Verm. can be purchased from Our Country Store in the Brevard/Rosman area. For the aquarium heater, best bet would be to check ebay for the cheapest one. If you ever wanna go bulk you've got all the straw and Poo you will ever need around this area, I can't go a mile anywhere around here without sight of cows or horses. I think that about covers it except for the spores. Check the shroomery sponsors, I've had very good service with Ralphsters. Hope this helps, PM me if you need more help since I'm excited to see someone from my area coming upon a great experience like growing shroomies.  :wink:

Edited by PieEyedPiXiE (09/09/03 06:05 PM)

OfflineJason7785
Stranger
Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: PieEyedPiXiE]
    #1901997 - 09/10/03 11:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

is the book the "Mushroom Cultivator" the best to start out with for a beginner?

OfflineTHATS iT!
mellow
Loc: In the misty mountains o...
Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: Jason7785]
    #1902210 - 09/10/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, that is one of the ones I use. Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms by Stamets and Chilton is another. Also if you are in to identification The National Audoban Society prints a book of mushrooms with lots of pictures and info. on each one. By the way I live in N.C. also, around Raliegh.

OfflineJason7785
Stranger
Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: acidhead1279]
    #1909828 - 09/12/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well I think I've gathered enough info to try this out. I'm gonna go ahead and order the book and start looking for supplies. Thanks for everyones help!

Offlinezippythepinhead
Mindlessconsumer ofcommercialproducts
    #1909979 - 09/12/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You've made a wise decision to learn about your new hobby before going out and blowing a bunch of cash on things you might not need. Stick around here, there are helpful people lurking around. The hardest thing for my homeless friend was to get them to pin. Actually it wasn't hard to do that, just waiting was hard. And worrying it wouldn't work. And worrying about contamination. And worrying about moisture, and rot, and...

After the flush my friend is convinced he can get a flush off of a pair of dirty underwear, but I'm waiting for the evidence.

-ZTPH

--------------------
Happiness is feeling zestfully clean.

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #1910033 - 09/12/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Try also:    http://www.nansnook.com/index2.htm    :thumbup: 

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #1910034 - 09/12/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Try also:    http://www.nansnook.com/index2.htm    :thumbup: 

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
    #1910289 - 09/12/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome aboard...

You're in the right place. 

Read, read, read, read... -experiment-  read, read, read, etc.

Repeat.

It's been a while since I've really posted or even looked at the Cultivation Forum, but especially read anything by Anno, Joshua, Mycofile and a host of very talented "old-timers." I'm sure a ton of you out there know how to grow to some degree, but these guys know their stuff.

That's not to belittle the expertise of anyone else here, those are just the first names that pop to mind...

Cultivating mushrooms really isn't hard at all, as long as you can follow fairly simple instructions, have a little bit of patience and really enjoy what you're doing, both with successes and failures.

For you and PieEyedPiXiE, I'm in Western N.C. myself and would love to meet other 'ites... if you want, P.M. me.  :grin:

Good luck and have fun.   

Offlineshroomstruck

Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: sloluva]
    #1910870 - 09/12/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Read it all and you will do great!
Good luck!

Offlinespacedragon
SORCERER
Male User Gallery

Loc: THRONE
Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: shroomstruck]
    #1910885 - 09/12/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just be careful guys - it's not wise to give out personal info about where you are from. law enforcement official will be monitoring sites that are known as a meeting place for cultivators. In the wise words from overgrow.com: You can spend hundreds of dollars to hide your IP address and spend hours looking up good proxies so you can log on safely, but that is all worthless when you blurt out "Hi! I live in North Yorkshire, I'm 23 and have red hair". There. You've said some information about yourself. Now, that information alone will get LEO no closer to catching you, but now they have some information that sets you apart from the other 6 billion people on earth. Every little bit of personal information you give away, brings people closer and closer to the real you.

You may say, "Well, cops can't touch me, they can't prove any of this really existed and this can't be used against me." Well, you're probably right. But, do all the cops follow the book? No they don?t. If a cop wants to make a bust, or just wants to fuck someone over, they'll go to all lengths to do so. If you arrange to meet someone, or set up a 'safe address' with the 'wrong' person, you could have a rouge cop watching your house until you make a bad move and then he'll fuck you. A crooked cop wont try and charge you on what he sees on this site (if he ever knew who you really were) but he may watch you until he's got some real evidence, and then he'll pounce.

Invisiblesloluva

Loc: Ohio
Re: 1st timer wanting to grow own shrooms [Re: spacedragon]
    #1910898 - 09/12/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

All in all I'd say that's good advice, you can never be too careful.

Or you could just grow edibles like me.

Shiitake, anyone?

:tongue:

Offlineusername
Another brick inthe wall

#1911049 - 09/12/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck!

--------------------
"If it is what it isn't than wouldn't it be it, if it was?"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates