Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips
    #3556214 - 12/29/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've been going through this theory for a while now. Everytime I give certain members of my friends mushooms, they will always have the "Happy, Simple, visual" trips, these people happen to be on the "not the sharpest tool in the shed" kind of people, while on the other hand, myself and a few others who are relatively smart always have a kind of, I wouldnt say bad, but Eye-opening, complex, little or no visuals and always left questioning everything.

Has anyone thought of this?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: aussieone]
    #3556235 - 12/29/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I find it's not always the booksmart people that have these trips. A dear friend of mine is something you would classify as "not the sharpest tool in the shed" but when we trip he has the most insightful things to say. He often philosophises and questions the world around him. I think it'd come down to something more like people who are oblivious to what they have and the world around them would have more of a fixed "woo im tripping the walls breathing" experience and people who think more would notice that sorta thing, giggle a bit and then ponder about the deep complexity of mulit-dimensional state of beings/essenses greater then ourselves.

Peace

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

OfflineLuciferSam2
Madcap

Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
    #3556704 - 12/29/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Modesty and humility are admirable traits indeed...

:wink:

--------------------
Sugarman..you're the answer, that makes my questions disappear...

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: LuciferSam2]
    #3556923 - 12/29/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

aussieone, interesting observation. I've noticed the same thing among friends.

People who are unaware of themselves and the world around them always have an easy time tripping in my experience. They treat shrooms like weed or any other recreational drug - way too simple for them. On the other hand, myself and other friends who think above the ordinary everyday planes of thought have some VERY interesting perspectives, and often difficult times shrooming as a result.

I don't think it is so simple that you can categorize it into 1) dumb people and 2) smart people. More like 1) people who would rather watch TV all night and not question anything about their boring existence. And 2) People who choose to do other things, and question their surroundings and try to figure out the purpose of everything.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: Holydiver]
    #3556987 - 12/29/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I disagree. I think that everyone can have an insightful amazing complex trip if they just think about whats going on. When I first started eating lsd I was all into the breathing walls and trails and colors, and I'm a veyr intelligent person ( IQ of around 140) but now I do it for spiritual purposes and to better myself as a person. It just all depends on your state of mind at the time....dumb or not.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: vandago]
    #3557038 - 12/29/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If I try to focus on details, (which can be thoughts or fragments of visual,) the chain of frames following are constrained and can be painful, but if I relax and try to take everything in together, the trip becomes beautiful.

"smart" people have habits that cling to concepts and they are in that way prone to constraint which when stacked up by entheogens, can be unpleasant.

it is very important to prepare the set and setting, and to let go as much as possible

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3557084 - 12/29/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i think the complexity of the trips range alot but not because of being smart or dumb. they could have a complex trip and only have the simple perspective..

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: trick]
    #3557363 - 12/29/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have happy, smimple, visual trips, what do you have??? trips where einstein comes and teaches you how energy equals mass times the speed of light squared????? and believe me i am not dumb!

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: cadam]
    #3557488 - 12/29/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cadam said:
I have happy, smimple, visual trips, what do you have???

Taken 5 grams lately?  :tongue:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: Holydiver]
    #3557523 - 12/29/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

LOL i have actually maxed out at 80g copelandia :smile: and plan on doing 120g this sunday

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3557535 - 12/29/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I guess u only get what you put into the trip. if somebody doesn't usually think about philosophy, politics, or religion, or they don't enjoy nature or whatever, then they probably won't think too much of any insights they may get from a shroom trip about any of those topics for example. I wouldn't call them 'dumb' people, more like 'unaware' people of their environment.

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: chodamunky]
    #3557762 - 12/29/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I only used the Smart an Dumb thing becuase i couldn't think of anything else. Im afraid to take a 5 gram hit becuase i know it will be to much for me to handle, so many thoughts and feelings that im gonna end up winding myself down into a bad trip, like i have done in the past, Mushrooms to me are not one of these drugs that are supposed to be abused, like weed or something, they provide insight and i can't tell you how much i want to thank them for showing me the light and making a change to myself.

--------------------

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #3557772 - 12/29/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

aussieone said:
Everytime I give certain members of my friends mushooms

Try giving mushrooms to your friends rather than your friends' members  :wink:

Anonymous

#3557993 - 12/29/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

in the proper context i think anyone can have any kind of trip. remember that a lot of it is expectations. those expecting to feel a little funny and see pretty colors may only get that far. the explorers... the seekers, the curious ones..., those who are really paying attention.... they will probably have a different sort of trip.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: ]
    #3558040 - 12/29/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I know what you mean aussieone , i have friends, who had never tryed shrooms before thinking it wud be fun and everythin, and when they do actually take them they do with the friends (who have never done them before) in the middle town, or at a party, dumb fuks. I see it as kinda disrespectful ,and waste of a trip on a some what small dose.

If i trip i will trip with an expeienced friend (mostly just inside my room) listening to trippy music and smoking dope, having real deep visuals and insighs. Untill 30 minutes later we come back and are like "where the fuck was i for the last 30 minutes?"

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Offlinezachwass2000
Noob
Loc: Bay Area
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3558171 - 12/29/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mike_Ologist said:
Try giving mushrooms to your friends rather than your friends' members  :wink:

lol

the first time i tripped i didnt really see anything but i told my friend "my mind is going like 1000x faster than usual". my experiences definitely seem to be more mental than visual.

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3560205 - 12/30/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:
I know what you mean aussieone , i have friends, who had never tryed shrooms before thinking it wud be fun and everythin, and when they do actually take them they do with the friends (who have never done them before) in the middle town, or at a party, dumb fuks. I see it as kinda disrespectful ,and waste of a trip on a some what small dose.

If i trip i will trip with an expeienced friend (mostly just inside my room) listening to trippy music and smoking dope, having real deep visuals and insighs. Untill 30 minutes later we come back and are like "where the fuck was i for the last 30 minutes?"

thats what i mean to a degree, the kind of false sense of "happiness" to a mushroom trip, which from what i've seen, the only person to get these kind of trips are very simple, no-remorse, "dont give a shit" kind of people, im sad to say that all of my mushroom trips are depressing, i find this wierd becuase normally I am happy, cheerfull and always telling everyone else "not to be depressed" but here I am turning into the thing i don't like most about some people :rolleyes:

some of you may notice that I do not post on here 1/20th of what I used to, which was due to a trip I had one night where I was enlightened to a degree, it felt like i took a step out and looked at my life, changed everything that was pulling me down so i could do what I wanted.

I can not thank mushrooms enough for that, they are not a drug to be abused.

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3561370 - 12/30/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i personnaly dont experience that many visuals when i trip, it is mmore just an very intellectual experience for me, i think there is a huge point to that though, where as some people really dont get anything out of the whole experience except for a good time, and others can have life changing introspection.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#18963816 - 10/11/13 12:41 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aussieone said:
Quote:

Mushie_Man said:

thats what i mean to a degree, the kind of false sense of "happiness" to a mushroom trip, which from what i've seen, the only person to get these kind of trips are very simple, no-remorse, "dont give a shit" kind of people, im sad to say that all of my mushroom trips are depressing, i find this wierd becuase normally I am happy, cheerfull and always telling everyone else "not to be depressed" but here I am turning into the thing i don't like most about some people :rolleyes:

some of you may notice that I do not post on here 1/20th of what I used to, which was due to a trip I had one night where I was enlightened to a degree, it felt like i took a step out and looked at my life, changed everything that was pulling me down so i could do what I wanted.

I can not thank mushrooms enough for that, they are not a drug to be abused.

Maybe it is trying to show you the suffering and difficulty of escape that depressed people experience. You may feel trapped in that state for a few hours, but I was trapped in that state for 3/4 of my LIFE. Hating on depressed people is pretty much the lowest thing one can do. That is like hating someone for being tortured. You can't just "shake it off".

Invisiblelessismore
Re: Dumb people = Simple Trips, Smart People = Complex Trips [Re: redgreenvines]
    #18963828 - 10/11/13 12:44 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
If I try to focus on details, (which can be thoughts or fragments of visual,) the chain of frames following are constrained and can be painful, but if I relax and try to take everything in together, the trip becomes beautiful.

"smart" people have habits that cling to concepts and they are in that way prone to constraint which when stacked up by entheogens, can be unpleasant.

it is very important to prepare the set and setting, and to let go as much as possible

Let go :-)

If I hang on to my thoughts the trip becomes wild, unpleasantly deep

if I let all thoughts go and see where the trip takes me, it becomes beautiful

some people like to hang on no matter what, others know how to let go (of thoughts)

for me tripping is about letting go of thoughts, just like meditation is

but I have explored my thoughts a lot too in trips... it depends on life situation and what you want out of the trip...
I like no thoughts better and nature/psytrance trips, more appreciation/beauty IMO

it's possible to be without thoughts for x hours on a high dose LSD trip, then suddenly get 'god thoughts' :wink: , I wonder where it comes from, whole sentences
LSD stopped doing anything for me, no matter the dose I take (even after a 8 months break)
just out of body, into body again, and maybe a few god thoughts at the end

when you eliminate fear/thoughts, the trips turn simple/easy on you, nothing happens

some people naturally have more fear than others, they will get a wild trip/the trip of their life on ½ stamp , where others need 5 hits to trip

I wonder how my next lucid dreams will be after I learned to accept myself and death.... then there is not much fear left of anything(when you accept death)... can't wait to try.. usually had lots of fear in them too... being chased in the air by various beings etc.

Edited by lessismore (10/11/13 01:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag