Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedigihelix
Stranger
Noob here and got a question????
    #1895809 - 09/08/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So I got some spores and created some cakes. I only created 4 just to c if I could do it two turned black after two weeks. After a month went by one of my jars was completely white so i fallowed the tips, put them in the fridge for 24 hrs put them out in the sun everything but it was not pinning so I thought I would just open it up and stick it in my humidified terrarium. A week later the casing grew grey mold. Now I have one more jar and it mostly white and it has been over 2 months now and I don?t know what to do, can I just create a tea out of the cake to get a good trip or just wait it out?
Thanks for any opinions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Noob here and got a question???? [Re: digihelix]
    #1895827 - 09/08/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well the 2 that turned black are totaly trash now. Im guessing the cassing grew gray mold because you probly did not properly clean out your terrarium good enough. It's up to you on what to do with the last cake. Yes the cake does contain psilocybin but im not sure if you could make a tea with the cake. I would just try another attempt on putting that one in the terrarium and see how it goes. Remember you only learn from your mistakes.

Later

Offlinepurpleberries
...thisis...LSD...25...

Loc: Colorado
Re: Noob here and got a question???? [Re: Osker246]
    #1895911 - 09/08/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

clean your terrarium with alcohal. then when the jar is all white, wait a few days, then dunk it and cold shock it for 12-24 hours. then birth it right into your terrarium. i dont know if you did this before, but you need to put a light on it for at least 6 hours a day, and air it our like 3 times a day. if you are really worried about contams, you could spray lysol in the air above your terrarium before you fan it out. might as well try for the mushrooms man!

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Noob here and got a question???? [Re: Osker246]
    #1895939 - 09/08/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I say you make more cakes before anything.....I assume you are using the PF tek (Brown rice flower and Vermictulite). After you mix and sterilize your substrate, wait for the jars to cool. Then, with clean tweazers transfer small amounts of the white fuzz (or little parts of cake) to your other Jars. The amouts you transfer can be as small as a match head or bigger (I always do pretty big pieces). Try to be as sterile as possible. Be in a room with no air running through if you want....spray a mixture of 50/50 clorox-water into the air and wait 5 minutes for it to settle before continuing with the above procedure. This way you can atleast keep your mycelium alive. The jars should colonize in the matter of 2 weeks max. You can do whatever you want with the rest of the cake...YOu should have like 99% of it left after the transfer. Eat it...Try to case Whatever. Tell me how things work out.
Piece...Orizon

Offlinedigihelix
Stranger
Re: Noob here and got a question???? [Re: orizon]
    #1896177 - 09/08/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys for all of the advice. One other thing where is a good place to get syringes?

Offlinedigihelix
Stranger
    #1896186 - 09/08/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have another question when I am transferring these little bits of this white fuzz where should I place it in the new jar?

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#1898661 - 09/09/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You can place the bits of fuzz anywhere in the jar....I Usually dig them in a little bit from the top. It would be hard to dig them in any further then that. Look at the list of sponsors for syringes. Sporeworks is good and professional...Ive heard good things about Ralphsters too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags