Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBittrBuffalo
Deaconica

Loc: Church of the SubGenus
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: wolfedawwg]
    #18953299 - 10/09/13 08:47 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wolfedawwg said:
Didn't say the blue Amanita was real guys but feel free to show me the evidence that proves it is not!!

Sorry, the onus in on the person who makes the claim to prove it. I don't think any of us are saying that you're at all asserting that it's actually real. It's just that I (we?) think the claim itself is bullshit. :wink:

Seriously, the site even says the guy who allegedly found the blue Amanita is the only person who's ever seen it. Why didn't he actually pick the specimen and show it to people himself?

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is a work of fiction, provided for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to actual persons or events, past or present, is strictly coincidental. All celebrity voices are impersonated. If you begin your ID request with, "I just ate a bunch of these mushrooms…should I not have done that?" I'm just gonna sit back and watch Darwin at work.:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBubbles85

Loc: England Flag
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: BittrBuffalo]
    #18953321 - 10/09/13 08:52 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Looks Cool :thumbup:

Invisiblestevo

Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys *DELETED* [Re: Bubbles85]
    #18953437 - 10/09/13 09:36 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Invisiblewolfedawwg
Veteran Lib Hunter & Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia Flag
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: stevo]
    #18953696 - 10/09/13 10:49 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nobody would get this defensive unless they know with 100% certainty that their statement and 'evidence' are pure bullshit.

This reminds me of the thread where a guy posted a Slovenian site selling Latvian forest topsoil that you put in a pot, water it and in a month it grows Boletus edulis! That thread became hilarious (and quickly locked) when we tried to point out all the reasons why that's impossible.

I never said they existed, I merely quoted the internet but since you seem to be the educated one and just like to belittle other members then prove that they don't exist!!

--------------------
:jah:Easy as Fuck Isopropyl Hash Oil:jah:

Psilocybe quebecensis

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: wolfedawwg]
    #18953732 - 10/09/13 10:59 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wolfedawwg said:
Quote:

Nobody would get this defensive unless they know with 100% certainty that their statement and 'evidence' are pure bullshit.

This reminds me of the thread where a guy posted a Slovenian site selling Latvian forest topsoil that you put in a pot, water it and in a month it grows Boletus edulis! That thread became hilarious (and quickly locked) when we tried to point out all the reasons why that's impossible.

I never said they existed, I merely quoted the internet but since you seem to be the educated one and just like to belittle other members then prove that they don't exist!!

Belittle other members? I never said anything about you, but the people who made that site, you merely posted it. Unless it's your site.
How can I prove it doesn't exist? Obviously I can't. That argument is invalid. No one can prove that something doesn't exist. I can't prove that a three headed potato-dog monster doesn't exist neither.
Someone with digital photography and editing skills could probably prove the photographs are fake. They very obviously are. I can recognize Amanita muscaria no matter what colour the cap is changed into.
Again, no reason to take it personally. I merely ridiculed the fraudsters who made that site, not you in any way.

Invisiblewolfedawwg
Veteran Lib Hunter & Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia Flag
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: Tangich]
    #18953813 - 10/09/13 11:19 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:

Sorry, but it sure looked like you singled out me with the above quote, I'm pretty sure you weren't referring to McGinty!! Either way no offence taken.

Edited by wolfedawwg (10/09/13 11:22 AM)

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18953841 - 10/09/13 11:24 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:

Quote:

wolfedawwg said:
There supposedly is a blue Amanita.......:shrug:

http://morelmushroomhunting.com/amanita_berkshire.htm

:rofl:

Quote:

While a handful of angry, bitter, and misguided mycologists believe that this is a fraudulent picture,

:rofl::rofl::lmafo:

My comment is obviously below the quote taken directly from that site, I only quoted your post with the link in it and responded with a 'rofl' smiley. I rest my case. I won't argue anymore, and am hiding this thread. Please let's not derail it any further.

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #18955286 - 10/09/13 04:48 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Does.  Not.  Compute.

Can't prove a negative.

Just to beat that dead horse one more time by applying logic.

--------------------
"Shrub, 30-90 cm. Leaves 2.5-) 4-9 cm, sessile or amplexicaul, broadly ovate to ovate-oblong, obtuse or rounded to subapiculate or subacute, when crushed not smelling of goats."

"The initial quake was a 6.6 but fairly shallow. I felt it as a prolonged up and down vibration followed by a jolt forward and then to the left, like square dancing."

OfflineStonedkind710
What Would The Dude Do
Male

Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: Liberty King]
    #18957323 - 10/09/13 11:36 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Liberty King said:
Chances are he is simply talking about P.Cubensis.

When i was younger a lot of people called them all kinds of weird shit but the most common name was "Blue Caps" (Usually Called BC Blue Caps, as I am on the East Coast in Canada so it makes them sound more impressive :laugh2:)

Cubes "Bruise" blue very easily, and are the most common "Shrooms" (because they are the most commonly grown)!

I know many people who used the pitch "Look how powerful these are" referring to the bluing, they would say that was the psilocybin in them :facepalm:

Keep in mind this was before the internet was super popular :ashamed:

Chances are your friend did trip balls off some "Cubes" that somebody handled alot and "made blue" :hehehe:

Pretty sure he isn't talking about that but is a good idea bruised mushrooms usllauly means there bad I grow cubes and bruised ones seem to be less potents

And those pictures of blue amanita is how dude described it and like I said it couldn't have been cubes cuase the trip sounded more mental like amanitas I can remember being like

--------------------
Lucy in the sky with Diamonds
The Dude Abides!!

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: Stonedkind710]
    #18957335 - 10/09/13 11:38 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah but was it so cool that it was quoted three times in one response?  Was it that cool?  :goodluckwiththat2:

Offlinerev0kadavur
Forager
Female User Gallery

Loc: Richmond & Beyond - California Flag
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: jet li]
    #18957505 - 10/10/13 12:29 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

There use to be more of a write up on the mythical Berkshire Blue... where the hell did it go? ...friend of mine is wanting to study the myth for his UC class... the Berkshire mycology people barely have anything about it on their site anymore :frown:

--------------------
- Question # Everything -

OfflineAEL1911
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Japan
Re: Blue cap mushroom any one else here of these guys [Re: rev0kadavur]
    #18957839 - 10/10/13 03:33 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Entoloma hochstetteri

--------------------
Check out some fungi in Japan!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate