Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Edame]
    #1894373 - 09/08/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I thought Bowling for Columbine was hilarious. The whole walking into the bank to open an acccount and receiving a free shotgun was greatness. I knew it *had* to be a spoof. It was pure entertainment. Light-hearted family viewing.  :lol:

Seriously, though, I never thought twice about the fact that it was supposed to be a documentary. It never really occurred to me to view it for anything other than entertainment value. It is quite unfair that he wom an Oscar for it  - it is a slap in the face of authentic documentary artists and ethnographers. 

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Clover]
    #1894426 - 09/08/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why in the USA theres over 10 000 murders wich involved guns ?
Bunch of psyco ! :wink:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1894530 - 09/08/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This is the same reason i just raise my hands and say "fuck it, what's the point?".

A lot on this site use internet sites and movies as sources when in fact any numbnut can make a movie (Roger and Me and Bowling for columbine) and a website. Just because it's written, doesn't make it so.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1894627 - 09/08/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I always thought Michael Moore was a fake dissident planted by the Illuminati and the KKK with the purpose of discrediting all serious criticism of the flaws of western civilization. Anyone who promotes a book with the title "Stupid White Men" automatically legitimizes other racist/collectivist labels like "Stupid Negro Women", "Stupid Japanese Children", "Stupid Jewish People", etc.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1894809 - 09/08/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, micheal moore is either a jew, or the jew-media has implanted the bug of "white hate" in him. either way, he is a fuckwit. I think that someoen should lock him and Charleton Heston in a room together with one gun, and let them fight to the death.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: lysergic]
    #1894815 - 09/08/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That would be a short fight. "Get your damn dirty paws off me you lying bastard!". Bam!

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Loc: Lancaster (Uni), Darlingt...
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1894821 - 09/08/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If all the criticisms of Bowling for Columbine are true why aren't they more well known and spoken about considering the fact that most people in the establishment probably hate his guts? That's the one thing I don't get. If any other documentary came out that was a smash hit world-wide based mostly on lies you'd think there'd be an uproar about it.
I'm not denying those things are ture but there is such thing as a smear campaign. If those criticisms are written down as fact how the fuck do i know that they aren't wrong either?

UH

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference - Bill Hicks

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: unlikelyhero]
    #1894833 - 09/08/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You have to search out the facts for yourself and make your own decision.

Anonymous

#1894839 - 09/08/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

they cite sources.

did you read any of it?

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: Clover]
    #1894852 - 09/08/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, and Moore cited sources in Stupid White Men and I've heard that being panned too.

UH

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference - Bill Hicks

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

#1894861 - 09/08/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Just out of interest, how many of you on here posting this stuff about Moore support the NRA or are anti-gun control?

UH

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894865 - 09/08/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am. I hate Anne Coulter equally though. :rolleyes:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1894867 - 09/08/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

See the link in my sig.

People can be anti-gun. I think that's foolish but I can respect it as their opinion. It's when people lie that I find them to be scumbags.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#1894900 - 09/08/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

uh..

Anonymous

#1894946 - 09/08/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A responsible, well-armed and trained citizenry is the best protection against domestic crime and the threat of foreign invasion. America's founders knew that. - www.lp.org

Quote:

Visitors to Switzerland are astonished to see guns and rifles being carried openly in public -- particularly when there is a "shooting festival" occurring nearby. In fact, Switzerland has more firepower per person than any other country in the world -- yet it is one of the safest places on Earth.

http://www.ncpa.org/pi/crime/pd061099b.html

stuff it.

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

#1894966 - 09/08/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I just read the 'The Truth about Bowling' website and it is interesting. He has manipulated speeches etc. for his own agenda (as many do, unfortunately). I still think Bowling for Columbine makes some good points about the fear mongering of the American media and the fact that their are handguns in other countries but not nearly as many gun-related deaths - not even in proportion to the population sizes.
I also still think 'Stupid, White Men' is a good book for being well-sourced (despite what people say) and making politics palatable and interesting for most people. Anything that gets people interested in politics at the moment is a good thing in this day and age.
You're right though, the lying isn't excusable.

UH

P.S. No guns over in UK, thank god, I'd be scared to leave the fucking house if some of the nutters I know were allowed guns.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1894977 - 09/08/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, with a little research you'll find that the states with the LEAST gun control laws, have the lowest crime rates.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: ]
    #1894981 - 09/08/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

immaculate said:
A responsible, well-armed and trained citizenry is the best protection against domestic crime and the threat of foreign invasion. America's founders knew that.

Surely it also gives the people who cause domestic crimes the ability to get a gun a lot more easily even if they have to go through the black market. Who the fuck is threatening to invade America enough that the general population will need to have guns? You have the most powerful country in the world and a massive military - surely you should cut down on your military funding if most people are so well-armed and well-trained?

UH

--------------------

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Re: Bowling For Columbine - Lying with the help of the Media [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1894996 - 09/08/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Actually, with a little research you'll find that the states with the LEAST gun control laws, have the lowest crime rates.

Yeah but that's in America, that's the way your society now works. In England where there are no guns... hmmm... 20 deaths per year from handguns. At least if you get stabbed there's a good chance you'll live.

UH

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894997 - 09/08/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe that is what Clinton thought. Some of the problems we are having in Iraq would not be an issue possibly, had he not destroyed our military.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom