Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
The Night of the Full Moon
    #1808212 - 08/13/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It was a night of utmost beauty.

At about 7 o'clock, a random woman driving a random minivan smashed into a random utility pole on a random road about two blocks from my house.  The utility pole, carrying two large transformers, snapped at the bottom and fell across the road, snapping some random wires in the process.

Luckily, the woman driving the random minivan was fine.  The electricity running into my house, however, was cut off. 

With no television or internet to keep me placidly entertained, I ventured outside for a nighttime walk with my dog.  After going around the block, I noticed a small crowd of people standing outside the Country Fair near where the accident had happened.

I decided to go over and see what was going on.  I met a girl there who was very nice and made conversation with me.  We talked quite easily for strangers having just met each other, and I enjoyed the random encounter.

After letting everyone pet my dog, I walked back towards my house.  This was when I first noticed how full and bright the moon was, and how clearly visible the planet mars was to the left of it.  It entranced me for a moment before I went back into the house.

I gave my dog a treat, grabbed my :stash: and my :bong:, then headed outside to give myself a little treat. :smile:

The moon was at a perfect angle so that half of my deck was blanketed in shadow, while the other half was bathed in light.  I sat down in the shadows and proceeded to toke, concealed from the view of any nosy neighbors.  After smoking the bowl, I moved into the light

side of the porch and smoked a cigarette, where I had a great view of the moon and mars.  The pair made quite a sight.  I stared at them unblinkingly until they became something surreal.

With the power still out, I decided to light a candle and watch my goldfish swim around in its light.  It looked amazing, like he was floating through black space.

When the candle had burned about halfway down, I decided to blow it out and go outside for a walk.  I walked through the cemetery near my house, winding through its hills beneath the towering sillhoettes of trees.  Gravestones loomed eerily on each side of me.

Heart beating rapidly, mind intensly aware, I came to the top of a hill that dropped off down into a field.  I could see the very edge of the field, but from there on out for quite a ways, I could only see fog.  It was a thick, dense mist floating above the ground.  It could've been a lake beneath that mist for all I knew.  The song "Smoke on the Water" came to mind. :smile:

I looked up at the moon and there didn't seem to be anything to do but walk through the field of fog.  When I was in the mist, it didn't appear like I was in the mist at all.  But when I breathed, I could taste the water in the air.  The idea that I would be invisible to anyone looking down on the field right then made me smile.

After walking a ways, I began to run.  I ran and ran through the cloud on the ground, breathing hard and feeling exhilirated.  Eventually I heard a strange noise off in the distance, thought some cows were going to attack me, and ran back to the hill.

I climbed up the dirt slope and went back through the cemetery, which somehow felt even more surreal than before.

When I got back to the house, I lit the candle again and sat down on the couch.  I wanted the power to come back on.  I stared out the window, which was illuminated with moonlight, and watched some tree branches blow in the breeze.

Eventually my candle burned down to its base, and I watched it slowly die.  As the flame got smaller and smaller, I watched the pool of shadow wash over the room.  Eventually the tiny flame that remained flickered out, and left only a tiny glowing ember.

I could hear a train outside, off in the distance.  I thought of how my old house used to be right by the train tracks, and I would hear that sound every night when

I went to sleep.

And I dreamed I was at my old house again and I was hearing the train, but the train wasn't just a train, the train was Time, and it was coming closer and closer to the house, so close I could see its headlight through the window, coming closer and closer, getting brighter and brighter, until

I woke up.  The sun blazed down at me through the window, and I slowly blinked my eyes open, adjusting to the light.  I looked over to my right, and the clock was flashing 12:00.

The power was back on.

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: The Night of the Full Moon [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1808352 - 08/13/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

mars does look kick ass right now doesnt it.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Night of the Full Moon [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1808359 - 08/13/03 03:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I really like the experience you recounted.. sounds like you had a lot of fun. I was listening to Delerium, too, while reading it, so I think that added to the overall magical quality (Delerium is so pleasant on a trip, by the way.. not the poppy stuff, but the stuff off of Karma...). I had thoughts of me back when I had some marijuana, myself, my room, and the next two days off of work.. magical. My room was my temple, I always felt so perfect while I was there, and I was hardly there.. (I had my room feng shui'ed by myself, I had a really easy to use guide, and I think that helped the quality of the room.. having everything in it intentional and ordered)

It sounds like you went and just soaked in some experiences of life... sounds great.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: The Night of the Full Moon [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1809332 - 08/13/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man, I'm glad someone enjoyed this long, pointless story! :smile:

It really was a great night with a very mystical quality about it.  I just had to write it down, for my own sake, and I hoped that someone here might get something from it, too.

May I ask what feng shui guide you used for your room?  I'll be moving into my new apartment soon and I'd really like to arrange things in there in accordance to the rules of feng shui.

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1809353 - 08/13/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Full moons are neat.  I always enjoy tripping on the night of a full moon. I did a mushroom walk once on eq's in my old neighbourhood and the park was alll misty and glowing with the moon rays.  I walked around and several times had recolections of dreams i had when i was young, and it felt as though i was in the dream scape...very intriguing sensations....

good story. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Night of the Full Moon [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1809396 - 08/13/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Once on mushrooms, we decided to go outside and climb the hill outside behind my house (back in Wisconsin). We eventually gave up because it was too steep, and we weren't exactly capable, but it was so amazing, the forest at night, the glow the trees had.. it seemed the perfect locale for a gnome to come out and say hello..

Hmm.. which guide was it? Hmm.. "Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life"? Something very close to that... you're lucky, my mind doesn't give out that information when I don't really remember and I'm put on the spot.. some chick author wrote it, too, so that will help you verify it. It is very simple and easy to read, and doesn't get involved with all the ancient shit that confuses everyone, I HIGHLY recommend it.

I'll get into my thoughts on the subject really soon in a post..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#1809411 - 08/13/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

cool, thanks man!

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1809496 - 08/13/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

No problem, that's what I'm here for..

Just remember the word "intention". It is how feng shui gets its power, and that book will show you that...
Good luck with moving your stuff and changing your life.. I feel it was one of the first things that started me on the road I am on.. it really brings you to focus on what is really going on with your life, what you want, what needs to be done to get there.. its a nice kick in the ass. And your house will look great and organized, too...

Ever feel bad, go home, clean house, and feel good? You'll understand when you read it, I guarantee..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
    #1894006 - 09/08/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ohhhh, I love a full moon. It is the absolute best time to bring things to you and into your life. Thanks for the story : )

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies