Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis)
    #18937938 - 10/05/13 09:05 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I went camping last night.
I had an epic bonfire, and I ate 3.9 grams of dried Penis Envy.:feelsshroomyman:

The message I received during my experience, is this:

There is a God!  There most definitely is a God!
When we die, it is good!  It is so good, I can not even describe it in words. :gumby:

We (humans, all of us!) hit the jackpot!!!!  If you understand Pascal's Window:  We hit the jackpot!  Best case scenario!!! :hamsterdance: :hamsterdance: :hamsterdance:

So, knowing that, how would you live your life?:thatsjustswell:
If you died, came back to life, and knew that for sure, God is real, and when you die you go to eternal, incredible Heavenly life with God, surrounded by all aspects of God (other souls-  human beings) immersed in joy, happiness, where every moment of existence for all eternity is just like how you felt when you got your first kiss, when you had your first child, when you hit the homerun for the HS baseball team, all of your happiest, most joyful moments-  forever!:feelspokeman:

How would that knowledge effect you living your day-to-day life right now?

There is no need to ever feel self-conscious.  Glorify God, there is just one God.  Any difference or argument (religion) is just a result of human imperfection coloring the perspective of understanding God.  All art is simply an interpretation, an attempt to explain God.  There are two types of artists-  there is God, and then there is everything else, which tries to portray some facet of God.

So, if you want to wear a black leather jacket, black leather pants, black boots, and have a large hot pink/orange/natural mohawk, then do it!:jackiechanofapproval:

If you want to grow your hair long, do it!:brilliant:

Let us live our lives, be happy, be kindly to all, help those who need help, do every single thing which we want to (of course, without harming others) and never fear-  Never fear for anything!!!!  Because, there is a God, and when we die, it is going to be amazing.:ruggedwink:  :kenthumbup:

--------------------
What you are, you are by accident of birth;
What I am, I am by myself.
There are and will be a thousand princes;
There is only one Beethoven!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippinTraveler
Life's Student
 User Gallery

Loc: The Time Fog Flag
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN] * 2
    #18938039 - 10/05/13 09:31 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Finally some proof. Thanks bud!

--------------------
"The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realized I didn't hate the cabinet door, I hated my life... My house, my family, my backyard, my power mower. Nothing would ever change; nothing new could ever be expected. It had to end, and it did. Now in the dark world where I dwell, ugly things, and surprising things, and sometimes little wondrous things, spill out in me constantly, and I can count on nothing." - Bob Arctor (A Scanner Darkly)

(Cannabis / DMT / LSD / MDMA / Mescaline / Psilocybin Mushrooms / Salvia)

Offlinedontthinkso
Stranger
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN]
    #18938065 - 10/05/13 09:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

We (humans, all of us!) hit the jackpot!!!!  If you understand Pascal's Window

I dunno man, is this like Turbo Pascal with a DOS window and that lame keyboard menu navigation?

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: dontthinkso]
    #18938082 - 10/05/13 09:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

What is your definition of god? an omnipotent individual? or simply the fabric and structure of existence itself?

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Agentchewy]
    #18938110 - 10/05/13 09:52 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Agentchewy said:
What is your definition of god? an omnipotent individual? or simply the fabric and structure of existence itself?

Yes!

--------------------

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN]
    #18938447 - 10/05/13 11:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I appreciate your thoughts but disagree with most of it

But still happy for you

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: HarryL]
    #18938672 - 10/06/13 01:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

until satan pitch forks ya

Offlineuser1837483975
Male

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Deathcore]
    #18939491 - 10/06/13 10:00 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes I think people have trouble differentiating between a logical fiction and reality. What I mean is, just because something makes logical sense doesn't make it so.

In this reality that you have presented, what would be the point to living if we are only going to end up in this world of eternal bliss? Why not always exist there?

I like your ideas about art being a representation of a facet of god, however I think you're simply mislabelling the human enjoyment we get from art. Never underestimate or forget the power of our emotions in influencing our world view.

OfflineKingKnowledge
Around
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: user1837483975]
    #18939503 - 10/06/13 10:03 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think I can believe in a single entity god, but there's something out there in the understanding of our universe that nobody will ever be able to explain. But I can certainly feel its presence. :smile:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: KingKnowledge]
    #18939582 - 10/06/13 10:25 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I don't feel that there is a seperation between heaven and earth, life and death. Psychedelics allows you to pass through that line and once you go back and forth enough it blurs until it can no longer be seen.

OfflineSomeGuyX
The Ganja Mahn
Male User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: KingKnowledge] * 1
    #18939643 - 10/06/13 10:43 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If I knew there was a god for sure, a huge weight would be lifted from my shoulders. I have a mind that doesn't just accept things because they are told to me. I wish I could, I wish I could "just" accept Jesus as my savior and do good things and live happily ever after.

But from what I know, I've never met this Jesus. I haven't seen any shred of evidence that god exists. All I (we for that matter) know, God is just from a book of stories. With no real impact on every day life.

So go ahead :bow2: and have faith in something that could really go either way (Christianity is true or it's all nonexistent). Because from what I've seen, God's followers can be cruel. Very cruel.

I have a very deep fear of eternal suffering. It's probably because of some aspects from my childhood, but hell is just so horrendous to me. How could such a place exist? How could "god" just let his own creations suffer when they only lost their way in a fucked up place (that god created)? This "life" that we are "blessed" with has been a curse in so many ways.

Anyways, that's just how I feel. I'm sure a lot of you believers will just reject everything that I say, but I guess I'm just a lost soul. Maybe I'll find my way.

:peace:SGX

--------------------

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: SomeGuyX]
    #18940534 - 10/06/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SomeGuyX said:
If I knew there was a god for sure, a huge weight would be lifted from my shoulders. I have a mind that doesn't just accept things because they are told to me. I wish I could, I wish I could "just" accept Jesus as my savior and do good things and live happily ever after.

But from what I know, I've never met this Jesus. I haven't seen any shred of evidence that god exists. All I (we for that matter) know, God is just from a book of stories. With no real impact on every day life.

So go ahead :bow2: and have faith in something that could really go either way (Christianity is true or it's all nonexistent). Because from what I've seen, God's followers can be cruel. Very cruel.

I have a very deep fear of eternal suffering. It's probably because of some aspects from my childhood, but hell is just so horrendous to me. How could such a place exist? How could "god" just let his own creations suffer when they only lost their way in a fucked up place (that god created)? This "life" that we are "blessed" with has been a curse in so many ways.

Anyways, that's just how I feel. I'm sure a lot of you believers will just reject everything that I say, but I guess I'm just a lost soul. Maybe I'll find my way.

:peace:SGX

I think it is amazing the depth you have and I personally believe for a faith to be truly strong, it must be constantly questioned and doubted.

The only comment I would like to make regarding your post above is that there should be a clear distinction between God and God's followers.

People that use God as an excuse for hurting others are not followers of that God.  The Christian God (in reality the same God as the God of the Jews and the God of Islam)-  the Inquisadors, the Conquistadors, the Crusaders, Vatican, pedophile priests, etc.:  Those are not Christians.  All of them committed wicked, evil acts in the name of Christ, but they are absolutely not Christians.

There is one God.  Any difference (religion) is just human perspective (flawed perspective, due to human nature and human limitations.)

My opinion.

--------------------

OfflineDelarge
The #1 Player
Male

#18940671 - 10/06/13 02:49 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

drugs almost saved me from myself once too, but i was just to stubborn.
ride that wave man, all the way!
then it will explode and flood the whole world.

--------------------
I will wipe from the earth man whom I have created. Man and Beast, crawling creature and bird of the air as well. For I regret that I made them.  :leaving:

OfflineMisterSandman
Neo Nazi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Meth
    #18941360 - 10/06/13 05:27 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
I went camping last night.
I had an epic bonfire, and I ate 3.9 grams of dried Penis Envy.:feelsshroomyman:

The message I received during my experience, is this:

There is a God!  There most definitely is a God!
When we die, it is good!  It is so good, I can not even describe it in words. :gumby:

And that is where I stopped reading.....:nomoreinternet:

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: MisterSandman]
    #18941778 - 10/06/13 06:52 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Strange, me too.  It starts all wrong and then goes wronger. :shake:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineMeinDarkEye
Male

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18942021 - 10/06/13 07:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Jimi hendrix came out of my walls and urinated on me.  He fished me through with his guitar.  WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS :awecid:

--------------------
Why can't you be normal!
What you mean to say is, Average.

What's the pride in country if it robs a man of will?
What's the pride in manhood if a man will rape and kill?
What's the pride in killing if the dead will rise again?
Ah, but there's a pride in knowing the enemies within.

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
    #18945119 - 10/07/13 02:30 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Really happy for you OP....sounds like a amazing,spiritual, uplifting trip. My concept of God is that I simply do not try to describe (him, her,it?) for as soon as you begin your description...you are limiting (him, her, or it). Just having that experience / feeling in your hip pocket at all times is very relieving. People who haven't had a spiritual awakening will never understand ....best off keeping it to yourself. Very cool though....awesome moment for you.:sunny::peace:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #18946789 - 10/07/13 08:50 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

baltimark said:
Really happy for you OP....sounds like a amazing,spiritual, uplifting trip. My concept of God is that I simply do not try to describe (him, her,it?) for as soon as you begin your description...you are limiting (him, her, or it). Just having that experience / feeling in your hip pocket at all times is very relieving. People who haven't had a spiritual awakening will never understand ....best off keeping it to yourself. Very cool though....awesome moment for you.:sunny::peace:

Totally in agreement with your post.

If there is a God, (and we have already affirmed-  there is DEFINITELY a God!!!) then our human minds could not attempt to even begin describing God.  So, it is enough for me to KNOW, absolutely KNOW that God is real.  That's the exciting part about death-  yes, it is a mystery....BUT, it will be glorious and amazing, and hopefully we get to chat with GOD and understand some more!

--------------------

Offlineuser1837483975
Male

#18946892 - 10/07/13 09:11 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I don't mean to offend you, but I think that's an infantile and idealistic theory. Sure, it may be comforting to think that we will retain our current minds after death, and that they will exist forever in paradise, but this is clearly a fairytale. It really doesn't make sense on any level, except as a children's story.

I encourage anyone who believes that there is a god to read Dawkins' The God Delusion. At the very least, it will allow you to see that there is really no reason to believe that our universe had to have a "creator". The book's arguments are highly logical and very compelling, and was the main reason for me becoming an atheist.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#18947121 - 10/07/13 09:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I have had ONE epiphany like this on MDMA and it was truly life changing,I already have a belief in God,Jesus ect. During this roll, for the first time in my life I felt like I belonged in this world.I felt that the entire universe is a photorealistic masterpiece of a painting built specificly for each human.

Glad to hear your feeling:mindblown:

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: user1837483975]
    #18948323 - 10/08/13 06:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Canberra said:
I don't mean to offend you, but I think that's an infantile and idealistic theory. Sure, it may be comforting to think that we will retain our current minds after death, and that they will exist forever in paradise, but this is clearly a fairytale. It really doesn't make sense on any level, except as a children's story.

I encourage anyone who believes that there is a god to read Dawkins' The God Delusion. At the very least, it will allow you to see that there is really no reason to believe that our universe had to have a "creator". The book's arguments are highly logical and very compelling, and was the main reason for me becoming an atheist.

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't say anything about retaining our current minds.  I have no idea what happens when we die, other than since the Creator is loving, it will be incredible.  I personally believe, and like the idea that it will be unique to each individual, what they experience in Death.  The power of the human mind, while limited in comparison to God, is still extremely powerful.

What if what we believe with all our hearts and minds and souls while alive, regarding death and the afterlife, is what comes to pass?

The Nihilist literally evaporates forever.

The little old lady who believes she will literally appear before enormous golden, pearly gates, and St. Peter will check a book for her name, will experience that-

etc.  I like that idea.

--------------------

Offlineomegafaust
mycofarmer
Male User Gallery

#18948374 - 10/08/13 06:51 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

So under the influence of a psychedelic you were able to undeniably reason that god exists?  Merely based on feelings you had? 

So in no way shape or form did the psychedelics cause these thoughts and feelings, it was God. 

And we all know that feeling good is proof that a god exists. 

But wait, there's more. join our affiliation today and you too can be a part of these richly fulfilling experience.  But do not sin or alter your thoughts because that will result in punishment, often eternal.

Idk OP, but I'm cynical.

--------------------
The Universe has an interesting sense of irony, in that you are the universe experiencing itself.  All you are is a thought.

OfflineJesus Cristo
High on Drugs
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: omegafaust]
    #18948785 - 10/08/13 09:53 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

If you've never had that "god" trip that the OP had it's real easy to dismiss him.  And if you have had it is real easy to jump on that God train too.  IMO God is just the closest word there is to whatever that feeling is but claiming it is anything other than that feeling and experience is only speculation. I can see why you do it though. I used to be an atheist before having a similar experience and it basically baptized the disbelief out of me. I don't want to call whatever that thing is "god" though since that word's been polluted to the point that it is basically meaningless. It means so many different things to so many people.  Even on this board it's evident since so many people take offense to it even when you don't associate it with anything other than that experience. You might as well call it potato since it would cause a lot less fucking controversy and it comes just as close to describing it. I don't see the point in giving it a name other than just for convenience.

So basically I somewhat agree with you OP since I know that feeling and I know why you would use the word God to describe it.  I actually do to for the sake of convenience.  As long you don't attach any dogma to it I don't see what's wrong using it as the most suitable word.:cool:

OfflineBWza
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18948808 - 10/08/13 09:58 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

the reason we dont exists there already is simply because we must learn the lessons of life and get what we can out of it before we are even thought of being allowed to enjoy the heavens. life is a test. do it right and you will get what you want out of it. as far as life after death i truly believe that, and i think terrence said it best, but life is the preperation for the transition into another dimension. atleast thats what i truly believe.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18948864 - 10/08/13 10:11 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:

If there is a God, (and we have already affirmed-  there is DEFINITELY a God!!!) then our human minds could not attempt to even begin describing God.  So, it is enough for me to KNOW, absolutely KNOW that God is real.  That's the exciting part about death-  yes, it is a mystery....BUT, it will be glorious and amazing, and hopefully we get to chat with GOD and understand some more!

What about people experiencing pure and utter hell, then claim to know that's what we'll experience after death? Are they more wrong than you?

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18948971 - 10/08/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:

What about people experiencing pure and utter hell, then claim to know that's what we'll experience after death? Are they more wrong than you?

Seriously, I have never heard anyone use the phrase, "more wrong than you."

That just evokes an image of a totally jaded, snarky, pessimistic know-it-all. 

I am not here to debate!  I am just sharing what I experienced, and I KNOW that God definitely exists, and that when we die, it is amazing.  We hit the jackpot!!!!

(and, see on page atop this page two, where I  briefly state how I wonder if death is just how we each individually imagine it to be.)

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#18949097 - 10/08/13 11:18 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:

I am not here to debate!  I am just sharing what I experienced, and I KNOW that God definitely exists, and that when we die, it is amazing.  We hit the jackpot!!!!

(and, see on page atop this page two, where I  briefly state how I wonder if death is just how we each individually imagine it to be.)

LOL ...like I said Beethoven, best off keeping it in your hip pocket:wink: I personally, did not have any kind of spiritual awakening as a result of psychs....mine came from trying to help others less fortunate than myself...some, you might say in living hell....liquidlounge. More people on here really ought to try it.:sunny::peace:

--------------------

Albert Einstein

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18949167 - 10/08/13 11:35 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I have no idea what happens when we die

The first thing that is actually true in all of this. :solidnod:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18949817 - 10/08/13 02:17 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:

So who is right if you know God definitely exist, whilst some other tripper experienced the complete opposite, that The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?

You're right in your head, the other person is right in his or her head. Ultimately, who knows?

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #18949836 - 10/08/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

baltimark said:
mine came from trying to help others less fortunate than myself...some, you might say in living hell....liquidlounge. More people on here really ought to try it.:sunny::peace:

--------------------

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18949878 - 10/08/13 02:33 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

its funny that the profound, divine experience everyone is talking about is only really achieved once you fully let go,drop your preconceptions of the world.. As your mind races to explain the profundity it tries to put a linguistic term to define what will never be defined.

When you feel part of it,Is when the feeling strikes you.

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18949910 - 10/08/13 02:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

"The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?"

So fucked up but a few trips revealed that to me..

why?

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Deathcore]
    #18950008 - 10/08/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Deathcore said:
"The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?"

So fucked up but a few trips revealed that to me..

why?

Proves my point.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18950083 - 10/08/13 03:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Almost anything can, and does, come through as the most profound realization and insight of all time. :waitwhat:

You got to learn to take it all for what it's worth, which is usually nothing but entertainment value. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18950115 - 10/08/13 03:27 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Almost anything can, and does, come through as the most profound realization and insight of all time. :waitwhat:

You got to learn to take it all for what it's worth, which is usually nothing but entertainment value. :shrug:

I try to accept that but....it still doesn't answer "I" or "you" or "we" or "how" or anything at all...

reality in general..

I get schizo thoughts ALL the time (from an outside perspective) but maybe thats the point...Because even thought I know, I can't prove that I know and at the same time nothing else is real.. Like..thats it...itttttttttt..it... ya know? uggh here we go again...

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18950266 - 10/08/13 04:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It's fucking weird, I grant that.  That's the only consistent thing.  And although I have theories about WHY exactly it's so fucking weird, those theories don't much help me trying to think about it from an ordinary perspective.

It doesn't have to answer reality, because reality needs no answer.  But I know what you mean. :zombie3:

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18950318 - 10/08/13 04:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

that zombie pic explains it perfectly...

as does my avatar I guess...

anyway..

you should explain the theories..

like..this guy from tribulation-now.org guarantees he KNOWS without a doubt..since he was 9 that God is real, the Bible is real, Jesus is real, Satan is real, and he knows whats up... He says psyches are just another one of satans tricks to deceive us.. its like a road block... you might of traveled some where but it leads to a "dead" end.. sure you can leave your car and walk down the road but..it'll just lead to another road block or something... But you only have 0-100 years to try and figure it out until its a straight dead end.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18950466 - 10/08/13 04:55 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Theories - well, I've parsed some of that out before, and it takes a lot of time.  The last time was in this post in this thread.

I won't be able to work on it for a while as my ordinary life is taking too much time. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18950560 - 10/08/13 05:14 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I posted a few times there..

Your theory wasn't explained to to much but I kinda get what you are saying.. like there IS..or isn't something beyond all of this... Like we aren't really special..we just ARE...whatever that means..

Goku is the hero of dragonball z.. but he isn't THE hero... if your theory was embedded into that show/universe... they are all weak sayians compared to things that aren't comprehensible.. Like living cells in the depts of outerspace that give gravity its meaning or something else on a molecular that makes us power on... Like It needs "GOD' to exist, and "GOD" needs it to feel sane..kinda power... or something.. I don't know.. like you said.. its something to expand on or completely ignore..

I am gonna guess its SOMETHING.. Unless MY stupid theory is correct then in reality I am just talking to myself right now lol.. anyway..

InvisibleHalfLight
I'm a teapot

Loc: Black Flag
    #18950636 - 10/08/13 05:27 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I am reluctantly able to agree with the OP, but I have a pretty confused agreement with it.

First off, I want to emphasize that are on an incredible amount of personal definitions for deities.
I'm more of the thought that 'God' is the universe in its entirety, and that any living and nonliving thing is part of the existing universe, and that all living things are parts of reality experiencing itself in infinite ways.

Here's a quote from the amazing Alan Moore, the author of comics such as V for Vendetta and Watchmen, "The one place gods inarguably exist is in the human mind."
What this quote means to me, is that even if we can't prove the physical existence of any deity, the idea of a higher being exists in every sentient consciousness, which is a piece of the universe, thus God is a reality in billions (or if there is extraterrestrial sentient life, even more) of different ways.

Touching on the idea of an afterlife, here are my beliefs. It is theorized by some scientists that as we come to the last moments of our life, massive amounts of DMT (or it may actually be Bufotenin) is released from the Pineal gland into the rest of the brain, binding to serotonin receptors.
As you contemplate your own life during these last moments, you could feel any range of emotions based on how well you performed throughout in accordance with whatever beliefs you have.
The psychedelic will amplify your feelings in such an big way that if they are positive it could seem like heaven, and if your feelings are negative it could seem like hell.
Soon your body, which is a vessel for the consciousness in your mind, expires, and the last of your consciousness expires as well before these emotions can change, which renders them infinite. This is your afterlife.

--------------------
dead man walking

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: HalfLight]
    #18950694 - 10/08/13 05:34 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TryinToTrip said:
I am reluctantly able to agree with the OP, but I have a pretty confused agreement with it.

First off, I want to emphasize that are on an incredible amount of personal definitions for deities.
I'm more of the thought that 'God' is the universe in its entirety, and that any living and nonliving thing is part of the existing universe, and that all living things are parts of reality experiencing itself in infinite ways.

Here's a quote from the amazing Alan Moore, the author of comics such as V for Vendetta and Watchmen, "The one place gods inarguably exist is in the human mind."
What this quote means to me, is that even if we can't prove the physical existence of any deity, the idea of a higher being exists in every sentient consciousness, which is a piece of the universe, thus God is a reality in billions (or if there is extraterrestrial sentient life, even more) of different ways.

Touching on the idea of an afterlife, here are my beliefs. It is theorized by some scientists that as we come to the last moments of our life, massive amounts of DMT (or it may actually be Bufotenin) is released from the Pineal gland into the rest of the brain, binding to serotonin receptors.
As you contemplate your own life during these last moments, you could feel any range of emotions based on how well you performed throughout in accordance with whatever beliefs you have.
The psychedelic will amplify your feelings in such an big way that if they are positive it could seem like heaven, and if your feelings are negative it could seem like hell.
Soon your body, which is a vessel for the consciousness in your mind, expires, and the last of your consciousness expires as well before these emotions can change, which renders them infinite. This is your afterlife.

FUCKING DING DING DING!

Thats exactly what my acid trip did...

So Either

A ) I'm gonna to Hell no matter what

or

B ) I still have a chance to be saved but its very unlikely

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18950703 - 10/08/13 05:36 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I even made a post like that...

I'll see if I can find it.

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18950723 - 10/08/13 05:39 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

To lazy to look

But I said something like

You cant lie to yourself, God and Satan are inside of us, while you have an ego death you do die... but when your body physically dies the same thing happens only you don't have a body left to go into so you're stuck in that state...

very very creepy stuff..

InvisibleHalfLight
I'm a teapot

Loc: Black Flag
    #18951159 - 10/08/13 07:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well a bad trip without circumstantial causes seems to occur due to the ego being dissipated and the tripper not being mentally prepared, or having too large and/or stubborn of an ego that it's emotionally traumatizing for them.
Someone that has lived a dissatisfactory life most likely hasn't experienced evolution of consciousness enough for them to be prepared for ego-death would definitely not be ready for physical death, which would create hell in event of a psychedelic experience.

I wouldn't worry too much if this trip created hell for you though, as in all likelihood you have a long portion left of your life to reach enlightenment.
This idea has some similarities to Buddhism, but without reincarnation. If you reach enlightenment before physical death, you will enter a nirvana of sorts. The bright, pure, positive manifestation of the mind.

--------------------
dead man walking

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18952418 - 10/08/13 11:39 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Your theory wasn't explained to to much but I kinda get what you are saying.. like there IS..or isn't something beyond all of this... Like we aren't really special..we just ARE...whatever that means..

Yeah, well we all just are, true enough.  There's something underneath all of this and it speaks to different people in different ways.  It speaks to me in particular ways, but now it speaks to me in those ways all the time, straight or tripping.  It doesn't say "I'm God" or shit like that, it just says "hi human creature wassup?"

If you ever manage to contact this stuff you'll know. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18953139 - 10/09/13 07:37 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It's a shame Deathcore and PrimalSoup are derailing this vital question in regards to OP's position with subjective ramble. I am sure it will be ignored by OP based on this, maybe not now though.

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#18953716 - 10/09/13 10:54 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
It's a shame Deathcore and PrimalSoup are derailing this vital question in regards to OP's position with subjective ramble. I am sure it will be ignored by OP based on this, maybe not now though.

That's true LL ....people love to assert their brilliant thought provoking opinions...problem is, ANY TIME you try to describe or define  what this power source is, I call God...you limit it and ultimately fall short.I think Christianity fucked that up alot. I am not a Christian nor Muslim nor Buddhist nor any accepted religion for that reason...but, there is absolutely not a doubt in my mind that God exists.
For example...I personally have witnessed a man so down and out from alcohol and heroin that he lived on the streets of Baltimore eating from dumpsters for 2 years. This man then, by simply praying and doing a few things to help clean up his past and, in turn...trying to help others less fortunate (very important) was able to eventually get his banking job back...then became rich when the bank was sold to a megabank. He remarried and lived a happy content life until he recently died. God was there, my friend just needed to ask for help in a meaningful way.After witnissing many more instances similar to this, I simply cannot deny that God exists.

I know there will be a shit ton of people that will prolly discredit or disprove these facts in their minds...guess that is human nature...to each their own.....Oh, lol...by the way, I love that Cookie Monster.:smile: he was my oldest sons favorite.:sunny::peace:

--------------------

Albert Einstein

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18953793 - 10/09/13 11:16 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

but, there is absolutely not a doubt in my mind that God exists.

Your personal God or same God for everyone?

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18954019 - 10/09/13 12:02 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:

It's a shame these are open forums for discussion as well. :lol:

Please restate your vital question in non subjective terms and I'll be happy to discuss it. :thumbup:

But because I'm just stupid enough to ignore sarcasm, I'll take a stab at whatever that might be.  You mean this?

Quote:

So who is right if you know God definitely exist, whilst some other tripper experienced the complete opposite, that The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?

You're right in your head, the other person is right in his or her head. Ultimately, who knows?

You're arguing with somebody fresh off a psychedelic trip who had a internal experience that they think provides information about alleged dieties in "charge of it all" that everybody else needs to know and which, if they only learn it, will change their life completely?  In other words, a newly minted prophet?  And you're trying to convince them that it's only in their head?  JoeMolloy spent endless amounts of time and keystrokes trying to do that very thing, but he was actually good at it.  Since Joe's not posting in these kind of threads, yeah, maybe we need a new Joe.  I'll nominate you if you're good enough. :thumbup:

You can't get to them that way.  Because not only are they right, they fucking KNOW they're right, because they saw it written in the sky in huge burning letters a mile high, and they, ONLY they, are the ONLY ones to EVER perceive this amazing cosmic truth.

And they will NOT give it up until they trip again, and the mushrooms slap their asses silly, and maybe explain they were only just having some fun, playing with their head, 'cause that's the kind of thing they like to do.  And in about 6 months or maybe less the OP will come back feeling all sheepish about how flat out ignorant they were, and the more posts they make like the OP the more sheepish they'll feel about all the crap they spewed.  That's just the way it goes.

I don't get the "vital" point, though.  Ultimately, nobody knows.  Unless you can do actual science with it.  Which is my approach, and a fairly productive one.  But any Buddhist can tell you that all this God talk is utter crap.  Which is where I started in this thread.  The rest is just delusion, and speculation, based on ignorance.  Risible, in other words.

You have to go beyond language, beyond thought altogether, if you want to get to what's real.  If you think that's subjective, well, I have just two words for you.  Try it.

My breakfast is getting cold. :raisemyglass:

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/09/13 12:23 PM)

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#18954141 - 10/09/13 12:31 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Of course, it is my personal God...I cannot vouch for anyone else...I think God meets everyone at their own personal level.The concept of God that I described is what works for me...Spirituality is very personal to me. Your ideas may be different...that's cool as long as you realize that "It" is more powerful than you. From what I have seen, that is the only concept that is a "must".

--------------------

Albert Einstein

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18954163 - 10/09/13 12:36 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You can't get to them that way.  Because not only are they right, they fucking KNOW they're right, because they saw it written in the sky in huge burning letters a mile high, and they, ONLY they, are the ONLY ones to EVER perceive this amazing cosmic truth.

I don't want to get to them, only strengthen my position.

I don't get the "vital" point, though.

You said it yourself:

Ultimately, nobody knows.

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18954172 - 10/09/13 12:39 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

baltimark said:
Quote:

Of course, it is my personal God...I cannot vouch for anyone else...I think God meets everyone at their own personal level.The concept of God that I described is what works for me...Spirituality is very personal to me. Your ideas may be different...that's cool as long as you realize that "It" is more powerful than you. From what I have seen, that is the only concept that is a "must".

Is this God the creator of everything or at least humanity?

--------------------

OfflineBWza
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18954209 - 10/09/13 12:46 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

thats nonsense, benjamin franklin didnt invent electricity, i did. benjamin franklin is the devil!

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#18954529 - 10/09/13 02:03 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

You're arguing with somebody fresh off a psychedelic trip who had a internal experience that they think provides information about alleged dieties in "charge of it all" that everybody else needs to know and which, if they only learn it, will change their life completely?  In other words, a newly minted prophet?  And you're trying to convince them that it's only in their head?  JoeMolloy spent endless amounts of time and keystrokes trying to do that very thing, but he was actually good at it.  Since Joe's not posting in these kind of threads, yeah, maybe we need a new Joe.  I'll nominate you if you're good enough. :thumbup:

And they will NOT give it up until they trip again, and the mushrooms slap their asses silly, and maybe explain they were only just having some fun, playing with their head, 'cause that's the kind of thing they like to do.  And in about 6 months or maybe less the OP will come back feeling all sheepish about how flat out ignorant they were, and the more posts they make like the OP the more sheepish they'll feel about all the crap they spewed.  That's just the way it goes.

I don't get the "vital" point, though.  Ultimately, nobody knows.  Unless you can do actual science with it.  Which is my approach, and a fairly productive one.  But any Buddhist can tell you that all this God talk is utter crap.  Which is where I started in this thread.  The rest is just delusion, and speculation, based on ignorance.  Risible, in other words.

You have to go beyond language, beyond thought altogether, if you want to get to what's real.  If you think that's subjective, well, I have just two words for you.  Try it.

LOL...Mahayanna Buddhism believes in Boddhisatvas....(deities or Gods)that are worshipped. These deities can help them to achieve enlightenment. Just saying that almost all religions, even native americans have a "great Spirit" that the deem as more powerful than themselves.
PS,I too like to look at science and Spirituality...it seems as though the two are being drawn closer and not further apart. There was a study done at the Hubble Space telescope facility in Greenbelt, Md.a few years ago (don't ask me by who, but it was published in the Sun paper)...anyway, they asked all of these astrophysicists and research scientists about their views on spirituality....and, most of them said that they had become more spiritual after a short time working there....what was unfolding in front of them had to have some sort of unexplainable creationism....things they were seeing were just too perfect not to be. Einstein said "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

I am going to a lecture tonight at JHU on the "Shroud of Turin" because, I think, this may be a point where religion and science meet. This was the supposed linen that was laid over Christs crucified body that has Type AB blood stains at all the place where he was nailed to the cross and also where the crown of thorns would have been....also, a blood stain in the chest where the spear supposedly finished him off. Type AB blood was common in that part of the world in that time period....the linen has already been dated to that time period. What is fascinating to me is the image of a man that is present that scientists say could only have been caused by a very bright flash of light.

Not sure about any of this, of course....but I do have an open mind and would love to hear what science has to say.

--------------------

Albert Einstein

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

#18954748 - 10/09/13 02:43 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

This thread reminds me of that time about 7 years ago when I discovered all the secrets to the Universe, and God, and everything, while tripping, so I got out a notebook and wrote everything down.

To make sure everything I wrote was legible, (I filled a 120 page notebook over 3 hours) I read it aloud to others, then had them read it aloud, and the five other people in my group all agreed it was the real deal holyfield.  A couple spots needed to be worked out, so we adjusted them, clarified them, and wrote more expanding on them.  It was amazing.  We were all crying, it was beautiful, magnificent.  The implications!  The world would finally know peace and each individual would be free to love and be loved.  BUT!  What if they information fell into the wrong hands!  Certainly it would be destroyed.  No!
We would have to play it safe, but figure a plan in the morning.

When we woke up, the notebook looked like this, on every page:

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#18954818 - 10/09/13 02:58 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Allllll righty  then.:rolleyes:

--------------------

Albert Einstein

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18954855 - 10/09/13 03:09 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Please respond baltimark:

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

baltimark said:
Quote:

Is this God the creator of everything or at least humanity?

BEETHOVEN, please respond to my question on page 2. Click me.

--------------------

Edited by liquidlounge (10/09/13 03:09 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18955472 - 10/09/13 05:22 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:

I don't want to get to them, only strengthen my position.

I don't get the "vital" point, though.

You said it yourself:

Ultimately, nobody knows.

"Ultimately, nobody knows" is just a short way of saying you can't defend what you're trying to claim. :shrug:

There's a lot more in reality beyond what you or anybody knows that responds to direct interrogation. You don't need to imagine it.  You can call it whatever you want, but I don't call it "God" or much of anything - but I know how to call it, and when it speaks to me I fucking well listen. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: 

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/09/13 05:48 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18955507 - 10/09/13 05:29 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LOL...Mahayanna Buddhism believes in Boddhisatvas....(deities or Gods)that are worshipped. These deities can help them to achieve enlightenment. Just saying that almost all religions, even native americans have a "great Spirit" that the deem as more powerful than themselves.

Many branches of Buddhism have their own particular spiritual entities to which devotion can be directed, but they are not worshiped, but there are no "creator Gods" in Buddhism - which is why it's not a religion at all, as in pure form it relies entirely on individual insight to bring enlightenment.  You don't want to be confusing enlightened beings (Bodhisattva) with the particular perversions embodied in creator Gods.  Anybody can become a Bodhisattva (and should!) but nobody can become a creator God, by definition. :lol:

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18955532 - 10/09/13 05:35 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
This thread reminds me of that time about 7 years ago when I discovered all the secrets to the Universe, and God, and everything, while tripping, so I got out a notebook and wrote everything down.

To make sure everything I wrote was legible, (I filled a 120 page notebook over 3 hours) I read it aloud to others, then had them read it aloud, and the five other people in my group all agreed it was the real deal holyfield.  A couple spots needed to be worked out, so we adjusted them, clarified them, and wrote more expanding on them.  It was amazing.  We were all crying, it was beautiful, magnificent.  The implications!  The world would finally know peace and each individual would be free to love and be loved.  BUT!  What if they information fell into the wrong hands!  Certainly it would be destroyed.  No!
We would have to play it safe, but figure a plan in the morning.

When we woke up, the notebook looked like this, on every page:

Ah, the editing of forbidden information... Sounds like the Travelers came and paid you a little visit on account of your breakthrough.  Next time, post it on the internet before you go to sleep...I'd like to read it. :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/09/13 05:43 PM)

OfflineBobbyMcgee
Stranger
    #18956108 - 10/09/13 07:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

there is no such thing as a god or a soul. when you die thats it. game over.

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BobbyMcgee]
    #18958035 - 10/10/13 05:45 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Interesting.  So nihilistic, that you prefer not to capitalize any words, echoing the impermanence and ultimately, the insignificance of everything. 

Now:  Imagine if you believe this, this becomes your afterlife reality, and for me, who believes there is absolutely a God, and when I die, heavenly afterlife for eternity united with God the Creator will be bliss, that happens for me.  Hmmm....

--------------------

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

#18958038 - 10/10/13 05:48 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:

I am arguing that perhaps we both are right- in our own minds and hearts and souls, and when we die, whatever we truly held firm to in faith during life, will manifest as our afterlife reality.

Apologies for not replying directly to you, I appreciate this discussion.  You are obviously intelligent and inquisitive.

Since I was a child I have wondered about these things, and I can't believe every single person on Earth does not devote their lives to trying to understand it.  Kinda important, with impactful stakes, no?

--------------------

OfflineBobbyMcgee
Stranger
    #18958317 - 10/10/13 08:33 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Interesting.  So nihilistic, that you prefer not to capitalize any words, echoing the impermanence and ultimately, the insignificance of everything. 

Now:  Imagine if you believe this, this becomes your afterlife reality, and for me, who believes there is absolutely a God, and when I die, heavenly afterlife for eternity united with God the Creator will be bliss, that happens for me.  Hmmm....

do you have any proof for a god or an afterlife besides drug induced mental states?

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BobbyMcgee]
    #18958327 - 10/10/13 08:40 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

do you have any proof for a god or an afterlife besides drug induced mental states?

Proof of God the Creator?

Of course I have proof of this-  it is called life; existence.

Science can not explain it.  Science is highly over-rated anyway.  Pluto was a planet back when I was a kid.  ( Sarcasm Font)

I must not be doing a good job of explaining how I believe it is possible that our own minds and hearts and souls are so powerful that whatever we believe and put our faith in, manifests as the nature of God and the Afterlife.

I mean, seriously, think about what the heck you just asked me:  Can I provide you with proof that God exists, and there is an amazingly wonderful Afterlife?  First of all, suppose I could.  Just think of the implications.
Second, this is the type of thing, where no matter what others tell you, you must *experience* it for yourself to truly believe.  I think through the ages, this is the most important aspect concerning faith and belief in God.

I could retort, "Do you have any proof that God does not exist, and that there is absolutely nothing in store for us once we die?"

--------------------

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

#18958351 - 10/10/13 08:49 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Simple philosophical genius. explains religious logic abstractly and accurately

--------------------

OfflineBobbyMcgee
Stranger
    #18959162 - 10/10/13 12:27 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Proof of God the Creator?

Of course I have proof of this-  it is called life; existence.

Science can not explain it.  Science is highly over-rated anyway.  Pluto was a planet back when I was a kid.  ( Sarcasm Font)

I must not be doing a good job of explaining how I believe it is possible that our own minds and hearts and souls are so powerful that whatever we believe and put our faith in, manifests as the nature of God and the Afterlife.

I mean, seriously, think about what the heck you just asked me:  Can I provide you with proof that God exists, and there is an amazingly wonderful Afterlife?  First of all, suppose I could.  Just think of the implications.
Second, this is the type of thing, where no matter what others tell you, you must *experience* it for yourself to truly believe.  I think through the ages, this is the most important aspect concerning faith and belief in God.

I could retort, "Do you have any proof that God does not exist, and that there is absolutely nothing in store for us once we die?"

Just because we are alive does not mean there is some greater god that is behind everything

and the burden of proof lays on you, not me. I dont have to prove anything

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18959553 - 10/10/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Kinda important, with impactful stakes, no?

Only if true.  Better to take advantage of your human incarnation and seek understanding while you still can. :havesomescience:

I've roamed in the spirit realm plenty of times.  It's not the same as here, and it's not at all like what you're thinking. :shake:

Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Game is never over.  That's the game. :shrug:

OfflineDelarge
The #1 Player
Male

#18960363 - 10/10/13 04:50 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

god is not real until one lone man decides to step upon these bugs who dare call themselves human. Just ants carrying cobblestones to lay a pathway for the rightful ruler of all reality...    ME :kingtard: AHHAHAHAHA! because i had the balls to decide to become god, i will become god and god will be very very real.

--------------------
I will wipe from the earth man whom I have created. Man and Beast, crawling creature and bird of the air as well. For I regret that I made them.  :leaving:

OfflineBWza
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Delarge]
    #18962797 - 10/11/13 07:06 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

you know something are just best left alone. were all going to have our own opinions but the whole is there a god thing really goes deep with a lot of people. its great to hear ideas but there is no proof on either end that god does or doesnt exist. but in my opinion if you truly do believe in something then it does become a reality for you and who knows the different directions our souls are allowed and can travel, there might be a million different possibilities of what happens when we die. but the most important thing over all is to just keep doing your absolute best in life and most likely you will be blessed with a supreme heavenly decision when we pass and may get to decide the next route we take. and i really really do believe in aliens and maybe they created us either to harvest our blood one day like we are animals on one big ole blood farm slowly developing the ultimate DNA or maybe they created us to create a type of chaos theory in the universe but ultimately achieving in a sense a type of cosmic balance in the universe or even in the multi-verse. ya just never know but it is fun to sit and conjure up the imagination. lets see just how creative we can get.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18962799 - 10/11/13 07:07 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:

I am arguing that perhaps we both are right- in our own minds and hearts and souls, and when we die, whatever we truly held firm to in faith during life, will manifest as our afterlife reality.

Apologies for not replying directly to you, I appreciate this discussion.  You are obviously intelligent and inquisitive.

Since I was a child I have wondered about these things, and I can't believe every single person on Earth does not devote their lives to trying to understand it.  Kinda important, with impactful stakes, no?

1 + 2 = 3. It cannot be 2. This is knowledge.

No worries, it's merely essential in regards to your position and what knowledge you claim. I'm a retard. :cheers:

Would you not say devotion should lie in what one's able to show substantial evidence for regardless of the many different epiphanies trippers experience?

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18964023 - 10/11/13 01:31 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Knowledge of "God" is personal information about the hidden aspects of the universe. It's personal. It doesn't pass the knowledge test, as it can't usually be used to do anything useful in reality.

IF the OP could manifest this God - use It to smite his enemies, raise the dead, transform water into wine, feed the multitude, walk on water - then the OP would be a genuine prophet, and we might all become believers. :lol:  But as it is the OP has expressed no such powers or abilities or secret knowledge, merely stating old superstitious beliefs you can read in the Bible and other alleged holy texts, while being a general PITA about it (sorry, dude).

It doesn't mean the OP is wrong, but it makes it seem highly unlikely what the OP is saying has any relevance to anybody else besides the OP.  Which isn't bad, anybody who wants a personal God can make one up out of whole cloth any time, using things they observe in the world to support the operations of this God, and rejecting all the stuff that shows this God is simple illusion.

Someday maybe the blinders fall off and they stop being such a PITA about it all.  But until then, you just gotta let it go. :sunny:

Asking somebody to require "substantial evidence for devotion" is stupid, no offense.  It's never worked that way, not in practice.  The OP's just having their ass spanked by the mushrooms, as they love to feed you shit that you'll believe like that, shit that's always already in your head somewhere.  Notice that nothing the OP has said is original in any way...

I know a rational (engineer) and devout Christian who once said that if it turned out Jeebus hadn't really been resurrected his entire faith would dissolve.  This got harder and harder for him to maintain as time went on and rational doubt crept in.  I mean, a "rational" faith founded on an irrational imposibility?  And of course, since nobody - including Jeebus, has ever actually been resurrected (although you might make the case for Cher, dunno), what ya gonna do?

The OP also has this apparent fixation on magical thinking, that whatever we believe strongly enough will somehow become true, if not in this life, then in an afterlife of great reward.  Again, nothing new there.  Lots of people think that, and go on thinking it, no matter what happens that doesn't agree with it in reality. :shrug: 

But your statement

Quote:

is simply wrong.  Neither are right in their head, both are experiencing delusions.

Belief itself is the root of the problem.  Belief sucks. :zombie3:

Oh look, I have a message to deliver - a message so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Belief sucks.

Believe it. :laugh2:

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18964280 - 10/11/13 02:31 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
But your statement

Quote:

is simply wrong.  Neither are right in their head, both are experiencing delusions.

Trapping yourself IMO, what is right for one might not be right for another. 1 + 2 = 3 and not 2, this is knowledge. You don't know what tomorrow might bring, but you have a sense of what it will bring based on history and cognitive desires just like you have a sense that X is Y without knowing beforehand. To know something, you must show evidence for it, this goes both ways. The burden of proof is on humans claiming to know God exist, if you present general statements covering every human being's existence one must be able to substantially back this up.

What I do know is the law of gravity, if humans focus on just that one might modify gravity. So where should the focus lie in everyone's opinion?

--------------------

OfflineJesus Cristo
High on Drugs
 User Gallery

#18964320 - 10/11/13 02:40 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

honestly there's no sense in trying to prove the existence of a god in this dimension/reality.  you just can't do it, so it's best to just keep it to yourself or you'll be judged like a lunatic.  At least that's what I've come to learn.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Jesus Cristo]
    #18964357 - 10/11/13 02:47 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

honestly there's no sense in trying to prove the existence of a god in this dimension/reality.

And if everyone followed this philosophy?

--------------------

Edited by liquidlounge (10/11/13 02:52 PM)

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18964536 - 10/11/13 03:30 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Then Satan wins  ^

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18964693 - 10/11/13 04:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
But your statement

Quote:

Trapping yourself IMO, what is right for one might not be right for another. 1 + 2 = 3 and not 2, this is knowledge. You don't know what tomorrow might bring, but you have a sense of what it will bring based on history and cognitive desires just like you have a sense that X is Y without knowing beforehand. To know something, you must show evidence for it, this goes both ways. The burden of proof is on humans claiming to know God exist, if you present general statements covering every human being's existence one must be able to substantially back this up.

What I do know is the law of gravity, if humans focus on just that one might modify gravity. So where should the focus lie in everyone's opinion?

You don't "know" a law of gravity, because it operates independently of your "knowledge".  All you can do is see that it operates all the time.  But guess what?  It doesn't care about your belief in it.  A "law" is just what we call it, because cases in which it fails to operate just don't happen.

Any real "God" would be the same, incapable of either proof or disproof, just simply existing.  And guess what?  That kind of thing does exist in the world.  Where I differ with the OP is labeling it as some sort of personal savior that really cares, calling it "God" and saying everybody should believe it like them. :shrug:

The rest is mere philosophy, a perverted form of knowledge. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

#18964881 - 10/11/13 05:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

OP, I will absolutely believe that you had an amazing Penis Envy trip. The sheer vigor and potency of it spews out generously from the first post. Minor words here and there might be open to improvement, but the emotion is all there. Clearly and manifestly you've been filled throughout your being with the multicolored fractalic light of the ever-wise living mushroom matrix.

Rather than debate and argue about the way your human/primate brain expresses this experience in writing here, I will say thanks for the reminder that I need to get my marbles together and partake of the righteous glorious and victorious strand of Penis Envy.

Long live the :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18964909 - 10/11/13 05:13 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It took a while to penetrate the real problem... :lol:  And I'm sorry I let myself get sucked into the bogus "argument." :rolleyes:

On the one hand, what the OP is proclaiming seems to be knowledge of God.  But the goal of mystics since time unknown has never been knowledge of God, but rather union with God, becoming that which they sense.

Knowledge of God only leads to belief and faith, poor substitutes for the Godhead itself.  But union with God (by any name) is transcendence, leading to freedom and, yes, eternal life in the spirit, like it or not. :shrug:

Having reached that state of union, that state of Godhead, deity incarnate, numerous times while tripping (most recently with...yes, PE:thumbup:), it still makes it hard to conceive of while not tripping - even though the union remains intact and the manifestations of the spirit in nature speak to me constantly.  But this is the distinction between talking ABOUT it and actually BEING it.

There is no substitute for BEING it. The Christian Bible lies to you and says faith will get you there.  Christians historically burn witches and kill prophets, except for those who made it into the Old Testament (some sort of grandfather clause).

Mushrooms take you there and give it to you free.  It's been happening to me for quite a while, but more obviously in recent times.  And when it happens it's real obvious - your thoughts are It's thoughts, your mind is It's mind.  One just has to think "wind" and wind arises.  It's that simple.  Once you go there the signs are everywhere in the world, undeniable.  Requires no "knowledge", requires no belief, no faith at all.  It simply is.

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/11/13 05:31 PM)

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18967280 - 10/12/13 06:06 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You don't "know" a law of gravity, because it operates independently of your "knowledge".  All you can do is see that it operates all the time.  But guess what?  It doesn't care about your belief in it.  A "law" is just what we call it, because cases in which it fails to operate just don't happen.

Obviously you may talk way above my head right now but it doesn't seem like you even know what knowledge is:

1. The state or fact of knowing.
2. Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
3. The sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.
4. Learning; erudition: teachers of great knowledge.
5. Specific information about something.
6. Carnal knowledge.

Legal dictionary, you can hit up any major dictionary and it will state the same definitions.

Every definition adhere to 'I know the law of gravity'.

Any real "God" would be the same, incapable of either proof or disproof, just simply existing.  And guess what?  That kind of thing does exist in the world.  Where I differ with the OP is labeling it as some sort of personal savior that really cares, calling it "God" and saying everybody should believe it like them. :shrug:

What is your definition of God/god?

--------------------

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

#18968182 - 10/12/13 12:44 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

As far as I'm concerned this is a positive thread about the glory of shrooms. About the obliterating gorgeous power of the Penis Envy. Does OP have human imperfections like the rest of us? Very likely. Did this thread contain at least some seeds of his awesome trip, coming not from our fellow human OP, but from far beyond him, from the mushroom itself? For my money, yes absolutely, and that's specifically the part I choose to focus on.

OP is a vessel. A messenger and channel. Though his words may have human imperfections and coloring, as do ours, the message is the same. The Great Mushroom itself is reminding us through him, to come and partake directly, that we too may hear for ourselves the awesome Good Vibes. Let us leave minor arguments about OP's wording of his experience, and simply strive to show up for our own. The real felt truth needs little verbal telling to those who share it, and to those who don't, there's no amount of talking that will ever transmit it accurately. It has to be "tasted" :biggrin:

Is some wrathful Christian god in the sky? To that I say :rofl:

Was OP touched by the real bountiful essence of the gods during that trip? The Flesh of the Gods? I'd say absolutely, I for one can feel it from here :biggrin:

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Spacerific]
    #18968434 - 10/12/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Soookay, OP, I have a question.

If afterlife is so grand then why don't we all just commit suicide? I mean, shit, I can barely wait twelve months for Christmas.

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Spacerific]
    #18976522 - 10/14/13 01:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Spacerific said:
As far as I'm concerned this is a positive thread about the glory of shrooms. About the obliterating gorgeous power of the Penis Envy. Does OP have human imperfections like the rest of us? Very likely. Did this thread contain at least some seeds of his awesome trip, coming not from our fellow human OP, but from far beyond him, from the mushroom itself? For my money, yes absolutely, and that's specifically the part I choose to focus on.

OP is a vessel. A messenger and channel. Though his words may have human imperfections and coloring, as do ours, the message is the same. The Great Mushroom itself is reminding us through him, to come and partake directly, that we too may hear for ourselves the awesome Good Vibes. Let us leave minor arguments about OP's wording of his experience, and simply strive to show up for our own. The real felt truth needs little verbal telling to those who share it, and to those who don't, there's no amount of talking that will ever transmit it accurately. It has to be "tasted" :biggrin:

Is some wrathful Christian god in the sky? To that I say :rofl:

Was OP touched by the real bountiful essence of the gods during that trip? The Flesh of the Gods? I'd say absolutely, I for one can feel it from here :biggrin:

:whathesaid:  I wish everybody could get the real experience.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18976561 - 10/14/13 01:14 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:

Just give it up, there's no point to it.  It's not about definitions, that's an all too common mistake here. :shrug:

I'm sorry you can't follow the analogy I gave, but best wishes and best of luck in any case. :thumbup:

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: GreySatyr]
    #18981931 - 10/15/13 03:54 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GreyMorph said:
Soookay, OP, I have a question.

If afterlife is so grand then why don't we all just commit suicide? I mean, shit, I can barely wait twelve months for Christmas.

If life for ALL on Earth was as wonderful as you and I have it, then that would make sense.

But, isn't there massive injustice and human suffering on Earth right now?

Wouldn't it make sense to do all we can to alleviate the sufferings of our brothers and sisters, before experiencing the Afterlife?

And, besides that....this life IS an amazing place, with so many incredible, unreal places to see, and fun adventures to be had.  You could TRY to fit it all in to one lifetime, and not succeed.  But, again:  The point is to try and do it!  :smile:

I didn't intend to come in here and offend anyone and force my views and experiences on anyone.

Just to share that:  I have been to the mountaintop, and there is never, ever, anything to fear!

--------------------

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
    #18981968 - 10/15/13 04:04 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome experience.

I can relate to the conviction that you are experiencing following your mushroom trip.

If there is one belief that I have gained from the psychedelic experience it is this:

"There is much more to reality than we experience in this worldly dimension."

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18982069 - 10/15/13 04:26 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Just to share that:  I have been to the mountaintop, and there is never, ever, anything to fear!

Basically correct. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

#18982140 - 10/15/13 04:40 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Hehehe, sometimes I don't know if you are arguing with me or agreeing.:brilliant:

And, truth be told, I kinda like it that way!

:ruggedwink:

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18984763 - 10/16/13 03:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

There never was anything to argue about. :lol:  I could tell you trip stories that'd make you go :solidnod: and if I just put them out here there's always somebody that wants to say no. 

The source is mysterious to our eyes, that's not really so surprising. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblelessismore
    #18984769 - 10/16/13 04:01 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

"Our soul is the most holy gift we have and our bodies we should appreciate

We should be grateful everyday, for all the small things in life that bring happiness
and for ourselves and for others"
- Own experience/message while in trance

soul=love for self and others :-)

if I was eternal I would live now in the moment, appreciating what I got, accepting myself and everything I see :-)

btw... I don't doubt

peace :smile:

Edited by lessismore (10/16/13 04:10 AM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: lessismore]
    #18985612 - 10/16/13 10:59 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

if I was eternal I would live now in the moment, appreciating what I got, accepting myself and everything I see :-)

If? :wink:

Invisiblelessismore
    #18986461 - 10/16/13 02:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

When you accept death there is only now , the moment :-)

many people hurry a lot because they want to achieve everything before they die

but I view it differently now, I got everything I need already, couldn't possibly ask for more

when you live in cooperation with nature and yourself, you will always get what you need

so eternal or not, it doesn't matter to me, but looking beyond death and realizing I'm a soul in a body seemed to have helped, it's the fear that binds us

life is about experiencing, mortal, or immortal

if you go away from the direct experience , looking for something tomorrow or always wanting what you had prior you've forgotten yourself partially

I lived as my thoughts for 11 years :wink: , maybe a little more, finally free
got pretty careless about myself due to it
but not anymore :-) love for feet,legs,hands,arms,... :-D the food that I eat, the rain that rains,... nature :-)

you could say I feel gods love from inside everyday now, not an atheist anymore
what you give is returned many folds often, so giving is the best thing you can do, and giving is the gift in itself
dalai lama said it well in 1 sentence: "happiness never gets less by being shared", spread the love

the only problem in the world is lack of love for the self
and love is the soul

Edited by lessismore (10/16/13 04:15 PM)

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18986535 - 10/16/13 02:54 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:

Just give it up, there's no point to it.  It's not about definitions, that's an all too common mistake here. :shrug:

I'm sorry you can't follow the analogy I gave, but best wishes and best of luck in any case. :thumbup:

I call bullshit. You're trying to explain something with no actual root in reality hence evading. I'll give you another try at elaborating though.

--------------------

OfflineSagescruffy
CH
Male

Loc: PNW
    #18986546 - 10/16/13 02:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I believe God is love.

--------------------
Love.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18986555 - 10/16/13 02:57 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

Hehehe, sometimes I don't know if you are arguing with me or agreeing.:brilliant:

And, truth be told, I kinda like it that way!

:ruggedwink:

So you like unclarity?

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18986565 - 10/16/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

If? :wink:

Do you believe in eternal life?

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Sagescruffy]
    #18986568 - 10/16/13 03:00 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sagescruffy said:
I believe God is love.

Where is the love?

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18986780 - 10/16/13 03:50 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:

I call bullshit. You're trying to explain something with no actual root in reality hence evading. I'll give you another try at elaborating though.

I'm simply done with your "argument", call it whatever you like. :goodluckwiththat:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate