Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBobbyMcgee
Stranger
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18956108 - 10/09/13 07:41 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

there is no such thing as a god or a soul. when you die thats it. game over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BobbyMcgee]
    #18958035 - 10/10/13 05:45 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Interesting.  So nihilistic, that you prefer not to capitalize any words, echoing the impermanence and ultimately, the insignificance of everything. 

Now:  Imagine if you believe this, this becomes your afterlife reality, and for me, who believes there is absolutely a God, and when I die, heavenly afterlife for eternity united with God the Creator will be bliss, that happens for me.  Hmmm....

--------------------
What you are, you are by accident of birth;
What I am, I am by myself.
There are and will be a thousand princes;
There is only one Beethoven!

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18958038 - 10/10/13 05:48 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:

So who is right if you know God definitely exist, whilst some other tripper experienced the complete opposite, that The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?

You're right in your head, the other person is right in his or her head. Ultimately, who knows?

I am arguing that perhaps we both are right- in our own minds and hearts and souls, and when we die, whatever we truly held firm to in faith during life, will manifest as our afterlife reality.

Apologies for not replying directly to you, I appreciate this discussion.  You are obviously intelligent and inquisitive.

Since I was a child I have wondered about these things, and I can't believe every single person on Earth does not devote their lives to trying to understand it.  Kinda important, with impactful stakes, no?

--------------------

OfflineBobbyMcgee
Stranger
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN]
    #18958317 - 10/10/13 08:33 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Interesting.  So nihilistic, that you prefer not to capitalize any words, echoing the impermanence and ultimately, the insignificance of everything. 

Now:  Imagine if you believe this, this becomes your afterlife reality, and for me, who believes there is absolutely a God, and when I die, heavenly afterlife for eternity united with God the Creator will be bliss, that happens for me.  Hmmm....

do you have any proof for a god or an afterlife besides drug induced mental states?

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BobbyMcgee]
    #18958327 - 10/10/13 08:40 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

do you have any proof for a god or an afterlife besides drug induced mental states?

Proof of God the Creator?

Of course I have proof of this-  it is called life; existence.

Science can not explain it.  Science is highly over-rated anyway.  Pluto was a planet back when I was a kid.  ( Sarcasm Font)

I must not be doing a good job of explaining how I believe it is possible that our own minds and hearts and souls are so powerful that whatever we believe and put our faith in, manifests as the nature of God and the Afterlife.

I mean, seriously, think about what the heck you just asked me:  Can I provide you with proof that God exists, and there is an amazingly wonderful Afterlife?  First of all, suppose I could.  Just think of the implications.
Second, this is the type of thing, where no matter what others tell you, you must *experience* it for yourself to truly believe.  I think through the ages, this is the most important aspect concerning faith and belief in God.

I could retort, "Do you have any proof that God does not exist, and that there is absolutely nothing in store for us once we die?"

--------------------

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN]
    #18958351 - 10/10/13 08:49 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Simple philosophical genius. explains religious logic abstractly and accurately

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

OfflineBobbyMcgee
Stranger
    #18959162 - 10/10/13 12:27 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Proof of God the Creator?

Of course I have proof of this-  it is called life; existence.

Science can not explain it.  Science is highly over-rated anyway.  Pluto was a planet back when I was a kid.  ( Sarcasm Font)

I must not be doing a good job of explaining how I believe it is possible that our own minds and hearts and souls are so powerful that whatever we believe and put our faith in, manifests as the nature of God and the Afterlife.

I mean, seriously, think about what the heck you just asked me:  Can I provide you with proof that God exists, and there is an amazingly wonderful Afterlife?  First of all, suppose I could.  Just think of the implications.
Second, this is the type of thing, where no matter what others tell you, you must *experience* it for yourself to truly believe.  I think through the ages, this is the most important aspect concerning faith and belief in God.

I could retort, "Do you have any proof that God does not exist, and that there is absolutely nothing in store for us once we die?"

Just because we are alive does not mean there is some greater god that is behind everything

and the burden of proof lays on you, not me. I dont have to prove anything

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #18959553 - 10/10/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Kinda important, with impactful stakes, no?

Only if true.  Better to take advantage of your human incarnation and seek understanding while you still can. :havesomescience:

I've roamed in the spirit realm plenty of times.  It's not the same as here, and it's not at all like what you're thinking. :shake:

Quote:

BobbyMcgee said:

Game is never over.  That's the game. :shrug:

:peace:PS

OfflineDelarge
The #1 Player
Male

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18960363 - 10/10/13 04:50 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

god is not real until one lone man decides to step upon these bugs who dare call themselves human. Just ants carrying cobblestones to lay a pathway for the rightful ruler of all reality...    ME :kingtard: AHHAHAHAHA! because i had the balls to decide to become god, i will become god and god will be very very real.

--------------------
I will wipe from the earth man whom I have created. Man and Beast, crawling creature and bird of the air as well. For I regret that I made them.  :leaving:

OfflineBWza
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Delarge]
    #18962797 - 10/11/13 07:06 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

you know something are just best left alone. were all going to have our own opinions but the whole is there a god thing really goes deep with a lot of people. its great to hear ideas but there is no proof on either end that god does or doesnt exist. but in my opinion if you truly do believe in something then it does become a reality for you and who knows the different directions our souls are allowed and can travel, there might be a million different possibilities of what happens when we die. but the most important thing over all is to just keep doing your absolute best in life and most likely you will be blessed with a supreme heavenly decision when we pass and may get to decide the next route we take. and i really really do believe in aliens and maybe they created us either to harvest our blood one day like we are animals on one big ole blood farm slowly developing the ultimate DNA or maybe they created us to create a type of chaos theory in the universe but ultimately achieving in a sense a type of cosmic balance in the universe or even in the multi-verse. ya just never know but it is fun to sit and conjure up the imagination. lets see just how creative we can get.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18962799 - 10/11/13 07:07 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:

So who is right if you know God definitely exist, whilst some other tripper experienced the complete opposite, that The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?

You're right in your head, the other person is right in his or her head. Ultimately, who knows?

I am arguing that perhaps we both are right- in our own minds and hearts and souls, and when we die, whatever we truly held firm to in faith during life, will manifest as our afterlife reality.

Apologies for not replying directly to you, I appreciate this discussion.  You are obviously intelligent and inquisitive.

Since I was a child I have wondered about these things, and I can't believe every single person on Earth does not devote their lives to trying to understand it.  Kinda important, with impactful stakes, no?

1 + 2 = 3. It cannot be 2. This is knowledge.

No worries, it's merely essential in regards to your position and what knowledge you claim. I'm a retard. :cheers:

Would you not say devotion should lie in what one's able to show substantial evidence for regardless of the many different epiphanies trippers experience?

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18964023 - 10/11/13 01:31 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Knowledge of "God" is personal information about the hidden aspects of the universe. It's personal. It doesn't pass the knowledge test, as it can't usually be used to do anything useful in reality.

IF the OP could manifest this God - use It to smite his enemies, raise the dead, transform water into wine, feed the multitude, walk on water - then the OP would be a genuine prophet, and we might all become believers. :lol:  But as it is the OP has expressed no such powers or abilities or secret knowledge, merely stating old superstitious beliefs you can read in the Bible and other alleged holy texts, while being a general PITA about it (sorry, dude).

It doesn't mean the OP is wrong, but it makes it seem highly unlikely what the OP is saying has any relevance to anybody else besides the OP.  Which isn't bad, anybody who wants a personal God can make one up out of whole cloth any time, using things they observe in the world to support the operations of this God, and rejecting all the stuff that shows this God is simple illusion.

Someday maybe the blinders fall off and they stop being such a PITA about it all.  But until then, you just gotta let it go. :sunny:

Asking somebody to require "substantial evidence for devotion" is stupid, no offense.  It's never worked that way, not in practice.  The OP's just having their ass spanked by the mushrooms, as they love to feed you shit that you'll believe like that, shit that's always already in your head somewhere.  Notice that nothing the OP has said is original in any way...

I know a rational (engineer) and devout Christian who once said that if it turned out Jeebus hadn't really been resurrected his entire faith would dissolve.  This got harder and harder for him to maintain as time went on and rational doubt crept in.  I mean, a "rational" faith founded on an irrational imposibility?  And of course, since nobody - including Jeebus, has ever actually been resurrected (although you might make the case for Cher, dunno), what ya gonna do?

The OP also has this apparent fixation on magical thinking, that whatever we believe strongly enough will somehow become true, if not in this life, then in an afterlife of great reward.  Again, nothing new there.  Lots of people think that, and go on thinking it, no matter what happens that doesn't agree with it in reality. :shrug: 

But your statement

Quote:

is simply wrong.  Neither are right in their head, both are experiencing delusions.

Belief itself is the root of the problem.  Belief sucks. :zombie3:

Oh look, I have a message to deliver - a message so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Belief sucks.

Believe it. :laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18964280 - 10/11/13 02:31 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
But your statement

Quote:

is simply wrong.  Neither are right in their head, both are experiencing delusions.

Trapping yourself IMO, what is right for one might not be right for another. 1 + 2 = 3 and not 2, this is knowledge. You don't know what tomorrow might bring, but you have a sense of what it will bring based on history and cognitive desires just like you have a sense that X is Y without knowing beforehand. To know something, you must show evidence for it, this goes both ways. The burden of proof is on humans claiming to know God exist, if you present general statements covering every human being's existence one must be able to substantially back this up.

What I do know is the law of gravity, if humans focus on just that one might modify gravity. So where should the focus lie in everyone's opinion?

--------------------

OfflineJesus Cristo
High on Drugs
 User Gallery

#18964320 - 10/11/13 02:40 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

honestly there's no sense in trying to prove the existence of a god in this dimension/reality.  you just can't do it, so it's best to just keep it to yourself or you'll be judged like a lunatic.  At least that's what I've come to learn.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Jesus Cristo]
    #18964357 - 10/11/13 02:47 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

honestly there's no sense in trying to prove the existence of a god in this dimension/reality.

And if everyone followed this philosophy?

--------------------

Edited by liquidlounge (10/11/13 02:52 PM)

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18964536 - 10/11/13 03:30 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Then Satan wins  ^

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18964693 - 10/11/13 04:07 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
But your statement

Quote:

Trapping yourself IMO, what is right for one might not be right for another. 1 + 2 = 3 and not 2, this is knowledge. You don't know what tomorrow might bring, but you have a sense of what it will bring based on history and cognitive desires just like you have a sense that X is Y without knowing beforehand. To know something, you must show evidence for it, this goes both ways. The burden of proof is on humans claiming to know God exist, if you present general statements covering every human being's existence one must be able to substantially back this up.

What I do know is the law of gravity, if humans focus on just that one might modify gravity. So where should the focus lie in everyone's opinion?

You don't "know" a law of gravity, because it operates independently of your "knowledge".  All you can do is see that it operates all the time.  But guess what?  It doesn't care about your belief in it.  A "law" is just what we call it, because cases in which it fails to operate just don't happen.

Any real "God" would be the same, incapable of either proof or disproof, just simply existing.  And guess what?  That kind of thing does exist in the world.  Where I differ with the OP is labeling it as some sort of personal savior that really cares, calling it "God" and saying everybody should believe it like them. :shrug:

The rest is mere philosophy, a perverted form of knowledge. :lol:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

#18964881 - 10/11/13 05:04 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

OP, I will absolutely believe that you had an amazing Penis Envy trip. The sheer vigor and potency of it spews out generously from the first post. Minor words here and there might be open to improvement, but the emotion is all there. Clearly and manifestly you've been filled throughout your being with the multicolored fractalic light of the ever-wise living mushroom matrix.

Rather than debate and argue about the way your human/primate brain expresses this experience in writing here, I will say thanks for the reminder that I need to get my marbles together and partake of the righteous glorious and victorious strand of Penis Envy.

Long live the :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18964909 - 10/11/13 05:13 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It took a while to penetrate the real problem... :lol:  And I'm sorry I let myself get sucked into the bogus "argument." :rolleyes:

On the one hand, what the OP is proclaiming seems to be knowledge of God.  But the goal of mystics since time unknown has never been knowledge of God, but rather union with God, becoming that which they sense.

Knowledge of God only leads to belief and faith, poor substitutes for the Godhead itself.  But union with God (by any name) is transcendence, leading to freedom and, yes, eternal life in the spirit, like it or not. :shrug:

Having reached that state of union, that state of Godhead, deity incarnate, numerous times while tripping (most recently with...yes, PE:thumbup:), it still makes it hard to conceive of while not tripping - even though the union remains intact and the manifestations of the spirit in nature speak to me constantly.  But this is the distinction between talking ABOUT it and actually BEING it.

There is no substitute for BEING it. The Christian Bible lies to you and says faith will get you there.  Christians historically burn witches and kill prophets, except for those who made it into the Old Testament (some sort of grandfather clause).

Mushrooms take you there and give it to you free.  It's been happening to me for quite a while, but more obviously in recent times.  And when it happens it's real obvious - your thoughts are It's thoughts, your mind is It's mind.  One just has to think "wind" and wind arises.  It's that simple.  Once you go there the signs are everywhere in the world, undeniable.  Requires no "knowledge", requires no belief, no faith at all.  It simply is.

--------------------

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/11/13 05:31 PM)

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18967280 - 10/12/13 06:06 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You don't "know" a law of gravity, because it operates independently of your "knowledge".  All you can do is see that it operates all the time.  But guess what?  It doesn't care about your belief in it.  A "law" is just what we call it, because cases in which it fails to operate just don't happen.

Obviously you may talk way above my head right now but it doesn't seem like you even know what knowledge is:

1. The state or fact of knowing.
2. Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
3. The sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.
4. Learning; erudition: teachers of great knowledge.
5. Specific information about something.
6. Carnal knowledge.

Legal dictionary, you can hit up any major dictionary and it will state the same definitions.

Every definition adhere to 'I know the law of gravity'.

Any real "God" would be the same, incapable of either proof or disproof, just simply existing.  And guess what?  That kind of thing does exist in the world.  Where I differ with the OP is labeling it as some sort of personal savior that really cares, calling it "God" and saying everybody should believe it like them. :shrug:

What is your definition of God/god?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order