Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: user1837483975]
    #18948323 - 10/08/13 06:21 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Canberra said:
I don't mean to offend you, but I think that's an infantile and idealistic theory. Sure, it may be comforting to think that we will retain our current minds after death, and that they will exist forever in paradise, but this is clearly a fairytale. It really doesn't make sense on any level, except as a children's story.

I encourage anyone who believes that there is a god to read Dawkins' The God Delusion. At the very least, it will allow you to see that there is really no reason to believe that our universe had to have a "creator". The book's arguments are highly logical and very compelling, and was the main reason for me becoming an atheist.

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't say anything about retaining our current minds.  I have no idea what happens when we die, other than since the Creator is loving, it will be incredible.  I personally believe, and like the idea that it will be unique to each individual, what they experience in Death.  The power of the human mind, while limited in comparison to God, is still extremely powerful.

What if what we believe with all our hearts and minds and souls while alive, regarding death and the afterlife, is what comes to pass?

The Nihilist literally evaporates forever.

The little old lady who believes she will literally appear before enormous golden, pearly gates, and St. Peter will check a book for her name, will experience that-

etc.  I like that idea.

--------------------
What you are, you are by accident of birth;
What I am, I am by myself.
There are and will be a thousand princes;
There is only one Beethoven!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineomegafaust
mycofarmer
Male User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN]
    #18948374 - 10/08/13 06:51 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

So under the influence of a psychedelic you were able to undeniably reason that god exists?  Merely based on feelings you had? 

So in no way shape or form did the psychedelics cause these thoughts and feelings, it was God. 

And we all know that feeling good is proof that a god exists. 

But wait, there's more. join our affiliation today and you too can be a part of these richly fulfilling experience.  But do not sin or alter your thoughts because that will result in punishment, often eternal.

Idk OP, but I'm cynical.

--------------------
The Universe has an interesting sense of irony, in that you are the universe experiencing itself.  All you are is a thought.

OfflineJesus Cristo
High on Drugs
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: omegafaust]
    #18948785 - 10/08/13 09:53 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If you've never had that "god" trip that the OP had it's real easy to dismiss him.  And if you have had it is real easy to jump on that God train too.  IMO God is just the closest word there is to whatever that feeling is but claiming it is anything other than that feeling and experience is only speculation. I can see why you do it though. I used to be an atheist before having a similar experience and it basically baptized the disbelief out of me. I don't want to call whatever that thing is "god" though since that word's been polluted to the point that it is basically meaningless. It means so many different things to so many people.  Even on this board it's evident since so many people take offense to it even when you don't associate it with anything other than that experience. You might as well call it potato since it would cause a lot less fucking controversy and it comes just as close to describing it. I don't see the point in giving it a name other than just for convenience.

So basically I somewhat agree with you OP since I know that feeling and I know why you would use the word God to describe it.  I actually do to for the sake of convenience.  As long you don't attach any dogma to it I don't see what's wrong using it as the most suitable word.:cool:

OfflineBWza
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: user1837483975]
    #18948808 - 10/08/13 09:58 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

the reason we dont exists there already is simply because we must learn the lessons of life and get what we can out of it before we are even thought of being allowed to enjoy the heavens. life is a test. do it right and you will get what you want out of it. as far as life after death i truly believe that, and i think terrence said it best, but life is the preperation for the transition into another dimension. atleast thats what i truly believe.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: BEETHOVEN]
    #18948864 - 10/08/13 10:11 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:
Really happy for you OP....sounds like a amazing,spiritual, uplifting trip. My concept of God is that I simply do not try to describe (him, her,it?) for as soon as you begin your description...you are limiting (him, her, or it). Just having that experience / feeling in your hip pocket at all times is very relieving. People who haven't had a spiritual awakening will never understand ....best off keeping it to yourself. Very cool though....awesome moment for you.:sunny::peace:

Totally in agreement with your post.

If there is a God, (and we have already affirmed-  there is DEFINITELY a God!!!) then our human minds could not attempt to even begin describing God.  So, it is enough for me to KNOW, absolutely KNOW that God is real.  That's the exciting part about death-  yes, it is a mystery....BUT, it will be glorious and amazing, and hopefully we get to chat with GOD and understand some more!

What about people experiencing pure and utter hell, then claim to know that's what we'll experience after death? Are they more wrong than you?

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

OfflineBEETHOVEN
Composer
 User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18948971 - 10/08/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:
Really happy for you OP....sounds like a amazing,spiritual, uplifting trip. My concept of God is that I simply do not try to describe (him, her,it?) for as soon as you begin your description...you are limiting (him, her, or it). Just having that experience / feeling in your hip pocket at all times is very relieving. People who haven't had a spiritual awakening will never understand ....best off keeping it to yourself. Very cool though....awesome moment for you.:sunny::peace:

If there is a God, (and we have already affirmed-  there is DEFINITELY a God!!!) then our human minds could not attempt to even begin describing God.  So, it is enough for me to KNOW, absolutely KNOW that God is real.  That's the exciting part about death-  yes, it is a mystery....BUT, it will be glorious and amazing, and hopefully we get to chat with GOD and understand some more!

What about people experiencing pure and utter hell, then claim to know that's what we'll experience after death? Are they more wrong than you?

Seriously, I have never heard anyone use the phrase, "more wrong than you."

That just evokes an image of a totally jaded, snarky, pessimistic know-it-all. 

I am not here to debate!  I am just sharing what I experienced, and I KNOW that God definitely exists, and that when we die, it is amazing.  We hit the jackpot!!!!

(and, see on page atop this page two, where I  briefly state how I wonder if death is just how we each individually imagine it to be.)

--------------------
What you are, you are by accident of birth;
What I am, I am by myself.
There are and will be a thousand princes;
There is only one Beethoven!

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
    #18949097 - 10/08/13 11:18 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:

I am not here to debate!  I am just sharing what I experienced, and I KNOW that God definitely exists, and that when we die, it is amazing.  We hit the jackpot!!!!

(and, see on page atop this page two, where I  briefly state how I wonder if death is just how we each individually imagine it to be.)

LOL ...like I said Beethoven, best off keeping it in your hip pocket:wink: I personally, did not have any kind of spiritual awakening as a result of psychs....mine came from trying to help others less fortunate than myself...some, you might say in living hell....liquidlounge. More people on here really ought to try it.:sunny::peace:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #18949167 - 10/08/13 11:35 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I have no idea what happens when we die

The first thing that is actually true in all of this. :solidnod:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibleliquidlounge

#18949817 - 10/08/13 02:17 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

liquidlounge said:
Quote:

BEETHOVEN said:
Quote:

baltimark said:

So who is right if you know God definitely exist, whilst some other tripper experienced the complete opposite, that The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?

You're right in your head, the other person is right in his or her head. Ultimately, who knows?

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #18949836 - 10/08/13 02:23 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

baltimark said:
mine came from trying to help others less fortunate than myself...some, you might say in living hell....liquidlounge. More people on here really ought to try it.:sunny::peace:

--------------------

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18949878 - 10/08/13 02:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

its funny that the profound, divine experience everyone is talking about is only really achieved once you fully let go,drop your preconceptions of the world.. As your mind races to explain the profundity it tries to put a linguistic term to define what will never be defined.

When you feel part of it,Is when the feeling strikes you.

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18949910 - 10/08/13 02:41 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

"The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?"

So fucked up but a few trips revealed that to me..

why?

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Deathcore]
    #18950008 - 10/08/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deathcore said:
"The Devil is the only ultimate being and we're all going to hell?"

So fucked up but a few trips revealed that to me..

why?

Proves my point.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18950083 - 10/08/13 03:16 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Almost anything can, and does, come through as the most profound realization and insight of all time. :waitwhat:

You got to learn to take it all for what it's worth, which is usually nothing but entertainment value. :shrug:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18950115 - 10/08/13 03:27 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Almost anything can, and does, come through as the most profound realization and insight of all time. :waitwhat:

You got to learn to take it all for what it's worth, which is usually nothing but entertainment value. :shrug:

I try to accept that but....it still doesn't answer "I" or "you" or "we" or "how" or anything at all...

reality in general..

I get schizo thoughts ALL the time (from an outside perspective) but maybe thats the point...Because even thought I know, I can't prove that I know and at the same time nothing else is real.. Like..thats it...itttttttttt..it... ya know? uggh here we go again...

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: Deathcore]
    #18950266 - 10/08/13 04:07 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It's fucking weird, I grant that.  That's the only consistent thing.  And although I have theories about WHY exactly it's so fucking weird, those theories don't much help me trying to think about it from an ordinary perspective.

It doesn't have to answer reality, because reality needs no answer.  But I know what you mean. :zombie3:

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

Re: I have a message to deliver- a message is so simple, but it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! (trip synopsis) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18950318 - 10/08/13 04:16 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

that zombie pic explains it perfectly...

as does my avatar I guess...

anyway..

you should explain the theories..

like..this guy from tribulation-now.org guarantees he KNOWS without a doubt..since he was 9 that God is real, the Bible is real, Jesus is real, Satan is real, and he knows whats up... He says psyches are just another one of satans tricks to deceive us.. its like a road block... you might of traveled some where but it leads to a "dead" end.. sure you can leave your car and walk down the road but..it'll just lead to another road block or something... But you only have 0-100 years to try and figure it out until its a straight dead end.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#18950466 - 10/08/13 04:55 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Theories - well, I've parsed some of that out before, and it takes a lot of time.  The last time was in this post in this thread.

I won't be able to work on it for a while as my ordinary life is taking too much time. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineDeathcore
Stranger

#18950560 - 10/08/13 05:14 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I posted a few times there..

Your theory wasn't explained to to much but I kinda get what you are saying.. like there IS..or isn't something beyond all of this... Like we aren't really special..we just ARE...whatever that means..

Goku is the hero of dragonball z.. but he isn't THE hero... if your theory was embedded into that show/universe... they are all weak sayians compared to things that aren't comprehensible.. Like living cells in the depts of outerspace that give gravity its meaning or something else on a molecular that makes us power on... Like It needs "GOD' to exist, and "GOD" needs it to feel sane..kinda power... or something.. I don't know.. like you said.. its something to expand on or completely ignore..

I am gonna guess its SOMETHING.. Unless MY stupid theory is correct then in reality I am just talking to myself right now lol.. anyway..

InvisibleHalfLight
I'm a teapot

Loc: Black Flag
    #18950636 - 10/08/13 05:27 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I am reluctantly able to agree with the OP, but I have a pretty confused agreement with it.

First off, I want to emphasize that are on an incredible amount of personal definitions for deities.
I'm more of the thought that 'God' is the universe in its entirety, and that any living and nonliving thing is part of the existing universe, and that all living things are parts of reality experiencing itself in infinite ways.

Here's a quote from the amazing Alan Moore, the author of comics such as V for Vendetta and Watchmen, "The one place gods inarguably exist is in the human mind."
What this quote means to me, is that even if we can't prove the physical existence of any deity, the idea of a higher being exists in every sentient consciousness, which is a piece of the universe, thus God is a reality in billions (or if there is extraterrestrial sentient life, even more) of different ways.

Touching on the idea of an afterlife, here are my beliefs. It is theorized by some scientists that as we come to the last moments of our life, massive amounts of DMT (or it may actually be Bufotenin) is released from the Pineal gland into the rest of the brain, binding to serotonin receptors.
As you contemplate your own life during these last moments, you could feel any range of emotions based on how well you performed throughout in accordance with whatever beliefs you have.
The psychedelic will amplify your feelings in such an big way that if they are positive it could seem like heaven, and if your feelings are negative it could seem like hell.
Soon your body, which is a vessel for the consciousness in your mind, expires, and the last of your consciousness expires as well before these emotions can change, which renders them infinite. This is your afterlife.

--------------------
dead man walking

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale