Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
responsible drug users vs. the other garbage
    #1889667 - 09/06/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Has anyone had someone or a group of people try and bring you down because you use drugs? I'm sure everyone here has at least once. Can anyone give me any insight on why people are like this? Why nobody listens? I've had numerous non-drug users give me shit or try and bring me down by saying i'm "wasting my life" which seems to be the only thing they can ever come up with. Then you go and try and tell them why exactly it is you use these substances and then they run away and hide and don't accept any facts that you give them? They like to spout all sorts of myths like "Marijuana is a gateway drug" or my personal favorite from an ex-friend of mine who decided to be a huge bitch about everything I did , "When you do acid you have a 50/50 chance of going insane". Then after having them give you "reasons" why you shouldn't do drugs (all of which are myths, and lies), you give them the straight out researched facts and they either shut up and don't want to talk about but keep their same perspective on the "evil drugs", or they actually leave. Not only that, but when I try and talk to people about drugs, I make sure that I stay extra calm about it so i don't blow up in their face and make them think im "just some crazy guy who is addictid to crack" or something like that. So it's not like im being confronting, or telling them they should do drugs, i just defend myself and tell them the truth. But still no one listens.

Then you have the actual drug users themselves. Some of them are pretty decent people who are actually much more nicer and down to earth then the "norm". But then there are the drug users who actually are bad people. They use people, they lie, they cheat, and they steal. I try as hard as I can to distance myself from these people but they are still all over the place. You take these people, and add them to the "norm" (non-drug users as mentioned above) and you get a bunch of people who only listen to a government who lies right to their face and get them to take out all of their frustrations out on perfectly harmless people such as myself thinking im going to rob a bank because i need a fix. To me, this is the only reason that things like marijuana, mushrooms, lsd, etc, are not legal. What i mean is. Government + people + junkies (opposed to responsible drug users [nothing wrong with drugs just be a good person and be responsible])= a big force of just negative energy and unhappiness.

Is anyone else as frusterated as I am with people fucking them over for 20 bucks worth of some god damn bud? or trying to talk to people who bring you down but just wont listen to your side of the story? are you sick of sleazy dealers who try and rip you off for some meaningless money? i know i am. If anyone sells drugs, it should not be for making any kind of profit at all except to cover the cost of gas to drive to their house or the actual money that that dealer paid for the bud (make sense?). Dealing should be a means of helping other people achieve that spiritual insight they were looking for, or maybe a nice relaxing evening with some friends or something like that. Im sick of drugs and money going hand in hand because that's not the way things should be.

I've been ripped off. I've had people treat me like shit. I've had people try and bring me down and I guess all i can do is just keep on going with my life. But i must say, wouldn't life be so much better if people would listen and junkies wern't such, well, junkies. Cops should be chasing actual bad people, like psycho killers and people robbing banks. Simple possesion or personal consumption of "drugs" should not be illegal, and i still cannot realise how an establishment could make it so, because to do so is a HUGE violation of someones personal rights in my opinion. I don't know. This is just what's been on my mind today. It's open for discussion. I just wanna know how everyone feels.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1889841 - 09/06/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know what you mean - it's like those macho chauvinistic womanizers that give all men a bad name...or the down right man-hating PMS-pumped wenches that taint the generalized perception of all women. Human beings have this real nasty habbit of generalizing the fuck out of everything...it's like we can't understand something unless we can put it into some sort of clear-cut category, or give it some standard definition, or whatever. 'Druggies' are considered to be 'bad' because of stuff like greedy ass dealers and desperate addicts. And then to make things worse - anyone that even so much as looks the part, is automatically thrust into that same stereotype...it's sad really. But unfortunately, that seems to be the way this world wooks at the moment.....and I can only hope that that isn't always the case.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1890037 - 09/07/03 12:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You speak as if there was a difference between use and abuse.  :wink:

It seems that most find that it is easier to blame a drug than a person for their actions.  I say that if some guy is out of his gourd fucked up and he robs some old lady, then he is just as responsible for his actions had he not been high.  I've never done anything fucked up like that on ANY drug...  and I've had my share of insane experiences.  I think the root of the problem is a psychological issue:  some people just can't handle drugs, usually due to unhealthy mindsets.  But the government thinks it's easier to leave the unhealthy mindsets in place (they're easier to control) and just keep on truckin' with the WOD. :rolleyes:

Im sick of drugs and money going hand in hand because that's not the way things should be.
This is one of the primary reasons why I avoid the drug market.  Drugs aren't commodities in my book.  I don't sell anything I have, I only give freely to deserving people who are ready for an experience. 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

Loc: in miami where aint shit ...
Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: Sclorch]
    #1890148 - 09/07/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no offense but, if you give away your expensive ass drugs then you should probably get your head checked out... thats like handing out 20 dollar bills on the street.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: SizzlinJ]
    #1890379 - 09/07/03 03:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What the fuck is wrong with giving friends free drugs? I do it. It just makes the world a better place. Especially if they don't have money or something. Like sometimes i'll be super hurtin and flat out broke for a while and a couple people will smoke me down and i feel so grateful to have friends like that. I think if you arn't sharing your drugs, then YOU should get YOUR head checked out. But hey, that's just my opinion. I just want the world to be more happy. And if i could afford it , then fuck yeah i'd give people $20 why the fuck not? It's fuckin paper.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

#1890390 - 09/07/03 04:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"it should not be for making any kind of profit at all except to cover the cost of gas to drive to their house or the actual money that that dealer paid for the bud"

too bad there is risk involved in dealing and thats where the hefty charge comes in. Is coccaine cheap? naw, but if you lving in columbia i bet it would be. The world is a bad place though, and people do just rip off for stupid amounts of money here and there. I recently seperated myself from one of these people and sure enough he hit the big lick and has rednecks in pickups with shotguns looking for his ass. I like to think he deserves what will happen to him, but karma will show us what he really deserves.

I'm sick of this shit too godamnit!

--------------------

OfflineSizzlinJ
walter crunkite

Loc: in miami where aint shit ...
    #1890440 - 09/07/03 05:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well if you meant to your friends, yeah, that's cool, i'll smoke my homeboys out as long as they get me in the future, i thought you just meant givin it to people that you deemed deserving, like some random kid who lives down the street who wants to trip on some shrooms, in that case giving away the shit you paid for/grew is kind of retarded.

--------------------

G2 nigga
we runnin' miami

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1891034 - 09/07/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

After you have had it happen to you, giving away drugs is no longer such a farfetched idea. I no longer buy drugs from strangers, but one evening many years ago I went to a park to buy some pot, and found it completely empty except for one stoner-type person sitting on a park bench. As I approached him it started to rain. I made a joke about the weather and then asked if he was selling. He said yes, he had been dealing all day, but I couldn't buy any from him now. Then he smiled and said "but you can have some for free" and pulled out a small piece of hashish which he gave me. Then he said, somewhat cryptically, "it's for smoking not for selling". I said thanks very much and invited him to share a bowl, but he laughed and said "no, i'm fine" and then he said good night and left.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1891236 - 09/07/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

that's awesome. when stuff like that happens it makes more better things happen. cuz then yer all happy and you might help someone else out and ya know? it's cool. hooray for free drugs.

OfflineJhadAgainstReality
the only thinglonger than myname is my penis

Loc: england
    #1891348 - 09/07/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dont you get prison time in the US for dealing? i dont know bout you, but if i was risking jail time just to help some kid get a buzz, i'd definately want to make a few bucks off it.

--------------------
"Listen Bush, i dont have any weapons. are you listening asshole? i dont have any fucking weapons! whats your problem, you fucking prick? Do you, like, WANT to go to war or something?! hey! whats all that laughter? whats so fucking funny?! Bush? BUSH! *click* Hello? HELLO?"

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: JhadAgainstReality]
    #1892481 - 09/07/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it shouldnt be about making money tho. its time for legalisation

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #1892574 - 09/07/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ya, in the ideal world it would be this way. your hopes are the hopes of all the "good" drug users, but reality is different

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1892979 - 09/08/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sclorch: I only give freely to deserving people who are ready for an experience.
SizzlinJ: ...i thought you just meant givin it to people that you deemed deserving, like some random kid who lives down the street who wants to trip on some shrooms...

Maybe "deserving" has a bad connotation to it. I mean that I only give it to people who are mature about drug use and properly "primed" for a psychedelic experience. My dispersal method is anything but random. And, yes, it is completely subjective. And, no, the kid down the street isn't ready for a mushroom trip.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
    #1893387 - 09/08/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

From past experience, I have been lumped in with junkie-drug-addicted-losers as well. It is frustrating as hel attempting to explain at what level I use and why - and damn near impossible to explain "responsible drug use". Very few people know that I use, and at the same time remain a responsible, contributing member of society by holding down a job, raising a family, keeping my commitments, etc. It is like anything else, though. If there is limited drug experience and/or BAD experience from their perspective, there is just no way they can relate to what is being said.

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1893439 - 09/08/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

people will always think like that :frown:.. i just learned to ignore them because i know whats right for me.. :smile: 

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1893486 - 09/08/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Some people can actually understand that drugs arent necessairly bad, its how people use them which make them bad or good.
Any abuse is bad!
When someone I know tell me im destroying my life with drugs etc etc, I cant stop smiling, because 95% of these people never even try MJ

Its like if some virgin dude would like to explain me how to make love because he knows people whove done it, or he saw it on TV :laugh:
Thats perhaps not a good methapore but you got me point: if you didnt try it, dont speak about it.
Thats so funny to see how much people KNOW FOR SURE whats good for you, when these people are accually somkers or alcoholics  :smirk:

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: responsible drug users vs. the other garbage [Re: Gus]
    #1894988 - 09/08/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Thats so funny to see how much people KNOW FOR SURE whats good for you, when these people are accually somkers or alcoholics"

Exactly. My dad was giving me shit for smoking pot yet he spends more money on alcohol cuz he's an alcoholic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom