Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

the tao of jumping off balconies.
    #1893361 - 09/08/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

on saturday night (early sunday morning to be more precise) i was at a party, rather drunk, and standing on a balcony. somebody started pounding on the door and a hush fell over the crowd. everyone was saying the the cops were there, and in my infinite drunken wisdom, i looked over the balcony... my espace route. it didn't look that far.

i climbed over the railing and jumped, rather too eagerly. by the time i hit the ground, several realities which i had failed to recognize were revealed to me. 1. one's perception of distance is distorted on alcohol. 2. one's ability to land a fall properly is also impaired. 3. this was a very bad idea. my legs buckled when i hit the ground and i ended up pretty much falling right on my ass. most fortunately, i was not paralyzed by this feat and didn't break any bones (as far as i know).

even in an intoxicated state, the most intense pain i have ever felt manifested itself in my lower back. the walk to my friend's place, where i spent the night, was a feat of human endurance under pain... as was the entire rest of that night, where i lay unable to sleep.

the past 24 hours have been some of the most painful in my life. it's been a real eye-opener though... to sit there, with a healthy, working body, free from pain, is wonderful in itself. few people really appreciate having a working, healthy body. i have a new appreciation for this. i even feel fortunate to feel the way i do right now. some have it far worse. i keep thinking that the thing to do was not to fight the pain, but to accept it and embrace it. after all, it's only by our suffering that we can appreciate joy.

to anyone sitting there reading this right now.... stand up. walk around. sit down. appreciate that. alright... i just wanted to share my little story and how it's been for me. i'm going to lay down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: the tao of jumping off balconies. [Re: ]
    #1893370 - 09/08/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Alcohol's such an ego enhancing drug :frown:
Heh it seems whenever I'm sick or some part of my body's not functioning correctly is when I appreciate it the most, thanks for the reminder
Hope your physical body heals itself speedily man :smile:

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1893375 - 09/08/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
on saturday night (early sunday morning to be more precise) i was at a party, rather drunk, and standing on a balcony. somebody started pounding on the door and a hush fell over the crowd. everyone was saying the the cops were there, and in my infinite drunken wisdom, i looked over the balcony... my espace route. it didn't look that far.

i climbed over the railing and jumped, rather too eagerly. by the time i hit the ground, several realities which i had failed to recognize were revealed to me. 1. one's perception of distance is distorted on alcohol. 2. one's ability to land a fall properly is also impaired. 3. this was a very bad idea. my legs buckled when i hit the ground and i ended up pretty much falling right on my ass. most fortunately, i was not paralyzed by this feat and didn't break any bones (as far as i know).

even in an intoxicated state, the most intense pain i have ever felt manifested itself in my lower back. the walk to my friend's place, where i spent the night, was a feat of human endurance under pain... as was the entire rest of that night, where i lay unable to sleep.

the past 24 hours have been some of the most painful in my life. it's been a real eye-opener though... to sit there, with a healthy, working body, free from pain, is wonderful in itself. few people really appreciate having a working, healthy body. i have a new appreciation for this. i even feel fortunate to feel the way i do right now. some have it far worse. i keep thinking that the thing to do was not to fight the pain, but to accept it and embrace it. after all, it's only by our suffering that we can appreciate joy.

to anyone sitting there reading this right now.... stand up. walk around. sit down. appreciate that. alright... i just wanted to share my little story and how it's been for me. i'm going to lay down. 

:lol: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1893463 - 09/08/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I walked around. wow, I feel better already. thanks. I'll never take it for granted.
oh and I'm sorry about what happened to you man. go see a doctor. you might have a compression fracture or something. get an xray. how high was the balcony?

Anonymous

Re: the tao of jumping off balconies. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1893686 - 09/08/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it was from the second floor. i don't think i broke anything or i don't think i'd be able to walk as well as i can. i can walk pretty well and the only thing that really hurts now is going from sitting to standing.

it's been just a little more than 24 hours since, and already i'm feeling quite a bit better. i think i just blew out the muscles in my lower back...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder