Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It?
    #18933444 - 10/04/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I'm getting my first (non-invasive) cosmetic procedure done in 2 weeks. I'm treating my mom and myself to a skin-tightening laser treatment around the eyes for both of us. I don't really have any wrinkles, but I have had dark, baggy under-eye circles for years now. It's really minor and probably nobody can notice it except for myself, but I'm getting it done anyway. People already say I look 22, and after the operation, I hope to look 12!!! :lol: LOLOLOL JK

I barely have any aging on my skin, but decided to take the plunge and go for it, since this medical beauty clinic was offering a promotion to get this skin-tightening treatment for 70% off if it was your first time. And 70% off was a fucking steal for this sort of operation, so I'm getting it done in two weeks.

Thoughts on cosmetic surgery? Good or bad?

I'm planning on getting a few other things done in the next couple of years. I'm taking a vacation to Korea next year, and I'm making it one of those "plastic surgery" holiday vacations, since Korea has some of the cheapest rates while having access the latest medical technology. Plus, I'd rather get an Asian surgeon who is skilled with working on Asian faces, since my fear is that if I go to an American doctor he will make me look too "white." And that's not what I want to look like.

I'm planning on changing the shape of my eyes and completely changing my nose. People have always complimented me on my eyes, but hell, it's only $1200 to do both eyes in Korea and I feel like I could tweak a few things. If I have money left over, I'll be spending $4K on a nose job. I've always hated my nose since I was a little kid and have wanted to get rhinoplasty since I was 13.

I'm thinking about going with Song Hye Kyo's eyes. I really like the big, sparkling, puppy dog eyes, if I had eyes like this I would never have to wear makeup ever again hahaha:

As for nose, I still haven't yet been able to decide whose nose I want. These are some of the candidates... I like the last girl's nose the best, but the middle girl's nose I feel like would be the best fitting for the frame of my jawline (since I have strong cheekbones like that girl):

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDurin

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #18933483 - 10/04/13 10:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Wait, you would want to get an unnecessary surgery to fix something you don't have? I've never had cosmetic surgery but speaking from experience on necessary surgeries, any surgery is inherently risky. I guess I will never understand the world.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: Durin]
    #18933503 - 10/04/13 10:13 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Durin said:
Wait, you would want to get an unnecessary surgery to fix something you don't have? I've never had cosmetic surgery but speaking from experience on necessary surgeries, any surgery is inherently risky. I guess I will never understand the world.

The procedure that I'm getting is not surgery. It is a lasery skin rejuvenation procedure. They shine a laser beam over the skin gently, and it firms up the skin and increases collagen so that any wrinkles and signs of aging disappear for about 6-12 months. It is so non-invasive they don't even use anesthetics during the operation. If it was a major surgery that involved putting me to sleep and slicing me open I wouldn't get it just because it was cheap. I have had mild signs of aging ever since I hit 25 (I blame all the years of tweak I abused as a teenager lol), and it's just something I want to try out to see how well it works. Plus it's a chance for me to have a free consultation with an MD about options for me when I start to age more.

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: Durin] * 1
    #18933512 - 10/04/13 10:15 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

This is a great idea.

You go girl!

This really fits with your life project of sticking it to the patriarchy. It will be truly subversive.

Perhaps they'll kick you down a deal on a three-eye operation and the three wise men will assemble at what what once your brown star this Christmas.

God bless you.

Offlinedodgem
Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: Crystal G]
    #18933521 - 10/04/13 10:18 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
The procedure that I'm getting is not surgery.

Title of post - Cosmetic Surgery

Wait a second, is this your boyfriend? 

Edited by dodgem (10/04/13 10:20 PM)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: Me_Roy]
    #18933529 - 10/04/13 10:19 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Me_Roy said:
This is a great idea.

You go girl!

This really fits with your life project of sticking it to the patriarchy. It will be truly subversive.

Perhaps they'll kick you down a deal on a three-eye operation and the three wise men will assemble at what what once your brown star this Christmas.

God bless you.

I'm actually doing this because beautiful people are dealt all the best cards in life. They get the best job offers, they are less likely to get arrested, they are less likely to get sent to jail, they are more likely to get promotions, people treat beautiful people much nicer, and they are able to have the best selection of choices in a partner. Ever thought your life was shitty and nothing you tried ever worked out, and you wondered why? Maybe you're just too damn ugly!!!! ROFL :lol:

If you think about it, being good-looking really gives you power and status in this society. I don't see how this is doing anything good or bad for the patriarchy. It's not like my personality will change. It's not like my goals of being a bodybuilding superwoman will change.

And FYI, one of the women in the pictures is actually a famous Japanese transsexual. So see, even when I'm being superficial I'm STILL stickin' it to the man!!!! :rofl:

Edited by Crystal G (10/04/13 10:25 PM)

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
    #18933573 - 10/04/13 10:27 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Me_Roy said:
This is a great idea.

You go girl!

God bless you.

I'm actually doing this because beautiful people are dealt all the best cards in life. They get the best job offers, they are less likely to get arrested, they are less likely to get sent to jail, they are more likely to get promotions, people treat beautiful people much nicer, and they are able to have the best selection of choices in a partner. Ever thought your life was shitty and nothing you tried ever worked out, and you wondered why? Maybe you're just too damn ugly!!!! ROFL :lol:

If you think about it, being good-looking really gives you power and status in this society. I don't see how this is doing anything good or bad for the patriarchy. It's not like my personality will change. It's not like my goals of being a bodybuilding superwoman will change.

This is definitely the case among vapid Angelenos. If you want to be part of that club, be my guest. You've always struck me as a hybrid of the SoCal "come at me" bro with the flat-brimmed cap and the aspiring actress with the fake boobs. Add a semester of gender and women's studies and and we have your half-backed rationalization for cosmetic surgery.

For my part, I'm going to get my under-eye areas darkened so that I look more like Zizek.

You've clearly decided who has power over you: Southland idiots.

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
    #18933576 - 10/04/13 10:28 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

God bless you.

OfflineDurin

#18933578 - 10/04/13 10:28 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

But rhinoplasty definitely is (if you are completely changing nose shape), I guess I was speaking more to that then the age reversing procedure. Either way I don't judge. I just have a deep dislike for anything surgery or surgery related from my own experiences not a dislike for those who choose to do it. If you understand the consequences and are ready to accept them go for it.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: Durin]
    #18933696 - 10/04/13 10:51 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Durin said:
But rhinoplasty definitely is (if you are completely changing nose shape), I guess I was speaking more to that then the age reversing procedure. Either way I don't judge. I just have a deep dislike for anything surgery or surgery related from my own experiences not a dislike for those who choose to do it. If you understand the consequences and are ready to accept them go for it.

The rhinoplasty is something I've always wanted since I was a kid though. I have a HUGE nose, I got it from my dad, it's literally the enormous compared to the rest of my face and it looks freakish. Think like an exaggerated Jew nose, but an Asian version of that. I'm not even joking, all the pictures that I post of myself on the internet center around whether or not my nose looks big in the photo or not. My nose is something I want to change just to look more "normal," not even to look particularly good.

Considering all the steroids I've used and tattoos and piercings I've had, I'm obviously pro body-modification.

Me_Roy, I personally wouldn't get breast implants, even though I'm completely flat and have only A cups. The reason is because I'm all about comfort, I like the fact that I don't have to wear a bra and can play sports without extra weight bouncing around on my chest. Breast implants I feel like would make me less efficient in sports and in the gym. Getting facial surgery done would be great though, because then I wouldn't ever have to wear makeup ever again, which would be even MORE comfortable than having to apply the foundation, the under-eye concealer, and the eyeshadow and all that. With all the sweating I do the makeup is not a comfortable feeling. And well, I'm pretty damn ugly without it. :lol: (Just being honest out there lol) So this will be a definite improvement for me.

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
    #18935029 - 10/05/13 07:51 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Me_Roy, I personally wouldn't get breast implants, even though I'm completely flat and have only A cups. The reason is because I'm all about comfort, I like the fact that I don't have to wear a bra and can play sports without extra weight bouncing around on my chest. Breast implants I feel like would make me less efficient in sports and in the gym. Getting facial surgery done would be great though, because then I wouldn't ever have to wear makeup ever again, which would be even MORE comfortable than having to apply the foundation, the under-eye concealer, and the eyeshadow and all that. With all the sweating I do the makeup is not a comfortable feeling. And well, I'm pretty damn ugly without it. :lol: (Just being honest out there lol) So this will be a definite improvement for me.

Meh, so you move more with the herd of bros than with the herds of bimbos on that front. Still a matter of So Cal clichés, just the tiniest bit mixed up.

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
RIP LS :(
Female User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland Flag
    #18935527 - 10/05/13 10:25 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I would get a Brazilian butt lift if I had the money.

And id make sure to find a African doctor so he understands my big booty.

--------------------

InvisibleEdibleStereos
Healthy Body, Sick Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #18935587 - 10/05/13 10:48 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Who's paying for all this? the mother?

Offlinemagicbroncoride
barbaric neanderthal
 User Gallery
Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: VivaLaMushie]
    #18935608 - 10/05/13 10:51 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I have had a nose reconstruction from a accident which is the same procedure. It wasn't that bad just dont look at the tray of tools next to you, cause they use some fucked up shit. Recovery was about a week. My nose still looks jacked but is better then before by alot.

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#18935652 - 10/05/13 11:06 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

In my opinion cosmetic surgery never makes people look any better, it just makes them look different, and a lot of the time worse!

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #18935796 - 10/05/13 11:58 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

EdibleStereos said:

LMFAO I'm in my late 20's you dork I cut the umbilical cord a long time ago. I'm paying for her cosmetic operation not the other way around

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
    #18939647 - 10/06/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I don't think you should get invasive cosmetic surgery. That's just my opinion, and I guess it's not gonna change your mind, but I just want to say that it's what I think. 

Here, I looked in your gallery at this picture and it really doesn't look like you have a big nose at all, it looks normal to me.

A lot of people who get plastic surgery of the face look really weird in this barbie-like fashion later in life. I would rather look old than, well, the image results for googling "bad plastic surgery".

--------------------

InvisibleEdibleStereos
Healthy Body, Sick Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
    #18939672 - 10/06/13 10:51 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

EdibleStereos said:

LMFAO I'm in my late 20's you dork I cut the umbilical cord a long time ago. I'm paying for her cosmetic operation not the other way around

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

EdibleStereos said:

Then surely you must have better ways to spend so much money other than cutting yourself up(not talking the light thing)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Cosmetic Surgery--Has Anybody Here Done It? [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #18940697 - 10/06/13 02:55 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

EdibleStereos said:
Then surely you must have better ways to spend so much money other than cutting yourself up(not talking the light thing)

Like what? I'm paying my medical bills every month, I'm paying off my student loans every month, I'm also investing some money in stocks tomorrow. What else left is there? Bear in mind I'm still planning on having between $5-$15K left over, and that's AFTER I've paid for all the surgeries.

Synthe: I select photos where my nose doesn't look big. It's more "wide" than anything, so you wouldn't be able to see it from the side angle.

It is true, there are plenty of instances of plastic surgery where it turned out horrendous. Joan Rivers is a great example of surgery taken way too far. However, I can also name plenty of instances where the person's face improved tremendously, simply by changing only one or two features of their face.

Jejung (or Jaejoong) from DBSK is a great example. He only changed his eyes, and he went from average to gorgeous.

Some other great before/after plastic surgery photos from Korea (since that's where I'm planning to get my surgery done):

This is a good example of somebody using cosmetic surgery and still aging gracefully. She still looks older, but with good skin:

I will agree with you there are a few instances where the person looked better BEFORE their surgery. Personally, I think this guy was WAYYYYYY hotter before his surgery. He was GORGEOUS, and IDFK why he changed his jawline to look more feminine???

This girl too, although she looks pretty in her after photo, I thought she was beautiful in her before photo and didn't need any work done:

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
    #18940963 - 10/06/13 03:51 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Some of those, especially the one with the older lady, may have been photoshopped to give the illusion of a greater improvement. :shrug:

Seeing a couple of them though, I guess it's true - for some people, depending on the particular person, it might actually be a good choice.

But I want to point out, I've seen lots of hot girls/women with regular/wide noses, and you probably fall under that category.
When you fixate on something you perceive as a flaw (even if it is), you tend to convince yourself it's worse than it really is.

That probably makes me sound like one of those "love and accept yourself for who you are" people, but believe me, I'm not.
I've always felt like I need to improve myself too, and I'm guilty of the same scenario of fixating on one flaw. But, that doesn't always mean it's a horrible flaw.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder