Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Bush's Iraq...
    #1892240 - 09/07/03 11:37 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

OK, so the war started with Bush pointing the terrorism finger at Iraq and accusing Saddam of having all those WMD's (we all know he did, but thats beside the point). So Bush becomes the strom-arm, I-don't-care-what-half-of-my-country-thinks powerful monkey with the "deploy" button under his thumb, and sends 100,000+ troops into Iraq and virtually destroys the control (albeit a dictatorship contol) that was had over most of Iraq. Weather he was using violence or or not, Saddam had contol of his country's people. However, now that Bush decided he needed to cut that rope that was *barely* holding the country in order, virtual anarchy has broken out where US military isn't there to stop it. So now, it seems that Bush has not only provoked a shit load more people to hate the US, but also made a very fertile breeding ground for more terrorists that may have thought twice before making a bomb when Saddam was in power.

I'm not saying Saddam should still be power, he was an rich madman with way too much power (sound familiar, W?), but I think the irradication of Saddams regime should have been a much more gradual process, rather than just yanking the one small thread that was holding the place together out and sending the country into mayhem.

Eh?

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: Bush's Iraq... [Re: cortex]
    #1892252 - 09/07/03 11:40 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Bush's Iraq plan is clearly half baked. The man and his cabinet are fucking morons, who are power hungry. This war was solely for money. Who has control of all the oil now? We do. Who has the contract to rebuild ALL of Iraq? Dick Cheney's company. These men are the foulest of black hearts.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Bush's Iraq... [Re: MisterKite]
    #1892357 - 09/08/03 12:10 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

I can't say that I believe the sole pupose of the war was to gain control of Iraqi oil. ChevronTexaco alone have drilling operations in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Quatar, and Bahrain just to name a few in the Middle-East alone. I just don't think we *need* Iraqi oil.

...However Iraq probably will be added to that list very soon.

I don't believe that we will ever know the real reason behind this war...

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Bush's Iraq... [Re: cortex]
    #1902599 - 09/10/03 05:04 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I don't get it... if we are supposedtly getting all this money from the oil, why is the economy still fucked? Maybe it's too much to expect a degree of logical consistencey from adolescent, self-hating, cowardly lberals.... I guess so

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion