Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
Accidental weed gardens
    #1891474 - 09/07/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I thought some of you might get a kick out of this. My girlfriend (MushroomSally) got a call from her brother that he thought he had discovered a pot plant in his back yard so we went over to check it out and take some pics. He remembers throwing some seeds from a bag onto the deck about 2 months ago and sure enough, one sprouted. It actually grew under the deck and then poked out through the lattice which had to be broken off around the plant so we could take the pics. It looks really healthy and on close inspection it is a female as well! Unfortuantely, it has just started to bud (which takes 6-8 weeks) and an outdoor strain at our latitude (Canada) should be done budding right now to avoid the frost which should hit soon. So obviously this was an indoor strain and I told him he may as well cut it down before it gets any bigger and starts attracting attention from his neighbor. I did give him a quick lesson on taking clones though so he was gonna try that before he cut it just for some practice.

ALSO, MushroomSally got a call from her sister that her friend also had what she thought was a pot plant in her yard. Sally went to check it out and it was indeed a pot plant, and a female, and it's HUGE!! It looks like a sativa and is covered with buds! This was a total coincidence as she got the call a day or two after we saw the above plant.

I will get her to post the pics of that plant tonight or tomorrow .

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: Scratcher]
    #1891514 - 09/07/03 07:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, shows how little you hyave to do for cannabis to grow. Tell him to leave the plant be, untill frost hits, then he can make oil out of the plants. I wanna see the other plants pic!

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: resin]
    #1891521 - 09/07/03 07:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

lol that happens

a new co-worker at my place of employment had got in the bad habit of throwing seeds where ever he may be at the time ( lol mostly smoked outside too.

well, to make a long story short, he is awaiting trial for growing 48 mj plants........ that he knew nothing about

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1893198 - 09/08/03 07:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

nice surprise :laugh:
cool to see it, I'm waiting for the next pic!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #1893495 - 09/08/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ChromeCrow said:
lol that happens

a new co-worker at my place of employment had got in the bad habit of throwing seeds where ever he may be at the time ( lol mostly smoked outside too.

well, to make a long story short, he is awaiting trial for growing 48 mj plants........ that he knew nothing about

DAMN! How the hell did they know it was him? That really sucks!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: Twirling]
    #1893807 - 09/08/03 12:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well, he lived with his parents, choppers found the plants by air we have a way to eager drug force called the j.e.a.n. team ( joint effort against narcotics) they swarmed the place and took him and his dad. lol didnt help his old man smoked, and they found paraphenilia and some weed that was BOUGHT inside the house

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1898326 - 09/09/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Tell your friend to leave that plant be! Marijuana is actually quite resistant to frost. It should be harvestable.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1898428 - 09/09/03 04:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sweet, I was just comming in here to make a similar post. AFOAF found this in his yard.

The other day it is bigger and starting to flower I guess...

This fucker has been through a lot. The dogs knocked it most of the way over a week ago and a few nights of heavy winds gave it hell too.
I don't know shit about this stuff but I think it is looking pretty good. I'll have to take a quik lesson in cloning and show him how.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1899728 - 09/09/03 08:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have an idea to make a whole lot of these "accidental" plants come up all over my county.

Say someone were to put a handful of seeds in a model rocket so that when it ejects it parachute it will instead spread a thousand seeds from about 600 feet up. If one were to do this in a few different locations, it would not be hard to seed a whole county.

I just think that it would be a funny thing to do with seeds that one would not otherwise use anyway.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1901591 - 09/10/03 11:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

like 5 min from where i used to live...there was this farmers field, and in the trees...there are about 100 plants...there always there every year....there bunk though....BUT IT IS POT...it grows wild....i talk to this guy, he was like 40 and he said it was there when he was a kid.....

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Accidental weed gardens [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #1901732 - 09/10/03 12:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ChromeCrow said:
well, he lived with his parents, choppers found the plants by air we have a way to eager drug force called the j.e.a.n. team ( joint effort against narcotics) they swarmed the place and took him and his dad. lol didnt help his old man smoked, and they found paraphenilia and some weed that was BOUGHT inside the house

Ahh, ok. I was picturing him going to a random park and tossing the seeds. Still very crazy that they go through so much trouble to bust someone.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden