Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Tripping alone, outside...TONIGHT! (REPORT POSTED)
    #1888284 - 09/06/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all,

I was planning on tripping alone soon but a house is not an option. I've tripped several times with people just walking around outside and it was always highly enjoyable.

I was looking for ideas/precautions/reccomendations for tripping alone while walking around a residential-type setting. There are parks here and there, etc. I was thinking about bringing a cd player (headphones) and maybe lying down looking up at the stars at night.

Any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: Euphoria]
    #1888364 - 09/06/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A blanket, sweatshirt depending, water or fruit juice, some smokes  :spliff: (if you can find a secluded area).. cd player is a great idea (some extra batteries perhaps).  Sunglasses if it's day time, will help you to feel a bit more comfortable around other people I'd imagine. 

Make sure you know the area and have a great time!  If there is a nice hiking trail nearby, consider it - as it will surely offer a great experience and likely less paranoia than would surface on city streets.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1888435 - 09/06/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I find walking around alone while tripping very good for having crazy thoughts. Great visulas while walking too. How much will you be taking? Make sure you don't get lost like me.  :smirk: Have fun man. 

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1889664 - 09/06/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The trees are all the company you'll need :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1890340 - 09/07/03 03:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Beware of other people who might turn up to the park. That's all fine if you're just wandering around, listening to tunes, but if you're going to be laying down looking at the stars (which is perfect, especially with music), then pick a park where people don't usually go to at night. I personally can't bring myself to lie down in parks in my suburbs, as I'm paranoid about being interrupted by authority figures and assholes. The only place I can truly let go outdoors is camping, where you can just lie down under the stars, and people don't care.
Perhaps go with a lower dose than usual. I wouldn't go for a very high dosage for this kind of trip - as there are things that can go wrong, or get freaky. Bring plenty of music, and spare batteries. Make sure you have a range of music, so that if your mood changes, you can accomodate it with a CD of your choice. It really sucks ass to be tripping, and be in the mood for say, Led Zeppelin, but realise that you decided to not bring any Led Zep CDs for this trip.
If you're going to be smoking pot during the trip, roll a joint, and keep that for later, and no other drugs. That's just so if the cops happen to interrupt you, you won't have any other drugs on you, and you can get rid of the joint, or once you've smoked it, you don't have to worry about it anymore.
Get a decent sized bag to lug everything you need in it - blanket, some water, some snacks for the come down, batteries, a jacket or something and some other things you can think of that might be handy during a trip. If you find a very secluded spot, where no one is going to give you shit, then by all means, make sure you go there and lay out the blanket and watch the stars. Some of my best trips have been where I'm just sprawled under the night sky listening to album after album until I come down.
Oh, and have a place that you can retreat to, in case something goes wrong. Even if it's just a place you can go in case the weather turns bad, it's handy to have SOMEWHERE to go. In that case, take a small umbrella too in case of rain.

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: Sheepish]
    #1890901 - 09/07/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome tips guys, thanks a lot! In terms of dosage, I was thinking maybe 2-3g dried cubes. In terms of a hiking trail, there are some nice forests with paths near my place, but I think that would be better during the day, or with someone else, wouldn't it?

This is very intriguing to me, because I've only ever listened to music on the comedown, and I always got very vivid CEVs so I'm trying to imagine what the peak would be like with music!

In terms of finding a secluded place, I'm all set, there are several, please keep the advice going guys, I'm loving it.

OfflineEuphoria

#1891656 - 09/07/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was also thinking of what CDs I should bring with me, so far I was thinking of only a couple:

Tool's ?nema and Lateralus
Something by Pink Floyd...reccomendations? I was thinking of picking up Dark Side of the Moon
Portishead
and so on...

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1892170 - 09/07/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i loike spring heel jack when im trippin

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
    #1892281 - 09/07/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Euphoria said:
Tool's ?nema and Lateralus
Something by Pink Floyd...reccomendations?  I was thinking of picking up Dark Side of the Moon

I listened to these my first time, on 3 grams. Wish You Were Here and DSOTM are both great Pink Floyd albums to trip too. Some of the Tool was too intense, so I just listened to the last couple of songs on Lateralus. Definitely bring a lot of CDs, just so you will be able to match your mood.

Great Gig in the Sky + shrooms + being outside on a nice sunny day = a great spiritual experience. I managed not to have headphones on (I blasted my living room stereo system and left my back door open), so I could hear the sounds of nature, with the wind blowing, birds chirping, everything was synchronized with the music... yea... I need to trip soon. :smirk: 

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1893173 - 09/08/03 04:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you're looking for an INTENSE album to trip to, Lateralus would be a good choice. Lateralus brought me out of a bad mood on my first shroom trip. After the solo in Schism, I just couldn't stop smiling. Then you have Parabol, which is just such a soul lifting song. If you haven't tripped to music during the peak before, I would suggest Lateralus over Aenema. Aenema is a bit darker.

Pink Floyd albums - if you can find a copy of Ummagumma (Live Disc, not the studio CD, this album is a 2 part album, one live CD, one studio) then give that a listen. It's only 4 songs long, 40 mins all up, and some of the most blissful/psychedelic Pink Floyd I've ever heard. A trip fav of all time. Other Floyd albums that are good for trips would be Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon.

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: Sheepish]
    #1893241 - 09/08/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

if you can find a copy of Ummagumma (Live Disc, not the studio CD, this album is a 2 part album, one live CD, one studio) then give that a listen. It's only 4 songs long, 40 mins all up, and some of the most blissful/psychedelic Pink Floyd I've ever heard. A trip fav of all time

You go insane with "Careful With That Axe Eugene" and then you cry with "A Saucerful of Secrets". Outside, alone and in the dark? Man, get ready to be as happy as you?ve never been. quite nice Sheepish

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

Anonymous

Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: marcosbj]
    #1893259 - 09/08/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

WOW a thread mentioning 2 of my all time favorite bands. (Pink Floyd, and Tool.) How cool is that. He He
I would also recommend Pink Floyds Ammugumma Live cd.
I recently tripped to Tool Lateralus, it was very nice. Great pics Sheepish!
Another Pink Floyd i really dig is Animals, lots of long instrumentals.
Well have fun....

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: ]
    #1893277 - 09/08/03 07:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Last time I tripped I had the idea to listen to NIghtWish with some really good headphones... That was intense!
Her voice just blew my mind, and it gave my pretty cev and oev too!

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Tripping alone, outside... [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #1893753 - 09/08/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MMerletto said:

Some of the Tool was too intense,

I know exactly what you mean :laugh:  I remember the first time I got visuals off tripping, I listened to Pushit in bed, on headphones, during the come down (late stages of) and as soon as the drums kicked in I shot straight up and threw the headphones off my head thinking "What the #### was that!?!?!"  Needless to say, I put them back on and had a blast! :laugh:

Quote:

Sheepish said:
Aenema is a bit darker.

This is a good point - would the "darkness" put me in a bad mood?  This is without a doubt my favourite album ever, and I imagine "Third Eye" must be intense during the peak!

Quote:

Sheepish said:
Pink Floyd albums - if you can find a copy of Ummagumma (Live Disc, not the studio CD, this album is a 2 part album, one live CD, one studio) then give that a listen.

I will for sure look for this album then, thanks for the tip!  I listened to DSOTM last night sober and it was intense!  "Time" scared me :smile:

I really really like how you guys are saying that I'll be happy and good.  I think it's really going to be interesting to trip by myself (never done it).  I won't have to worry about anyone and my energy can go straight to myself. 

I'm just trying to think of a day now...could be tonight actually...I wonder...

Well, I think I will bring all of my Tool albums for sure, and several Floyd albums, maybe some Mix CDs so I won't know what's next - could be cool.

Something I thought of - my cell phone, bring it?  Maybe bring it and keep it off?  That way no one can call but I can call if something goes bad?  I'm not the type to call an ambulance or anything, I would probably just call an experienced friend.  Good idea? 

And how should I plan the trip?  When to eat, what to do after eating, what to do during come up, during peak, etc.  Any advice is great guys - the better the planning the better the trip!

Keep the advice coming guys, and thanks so much to those who have replied.  I will for sure post a trip report.

OfflineEuphoria

Of course! [Re: Euphoria]
    #1893763 - 09/08/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Of course, I forgot to ask about dosage!  I did about 5-6g dried once and it was too much, I mean it was the best learning experience of my life, complete ego loss and unity with nature.  I truly was intense.

For this trip, I would like to go for visuals, that and staring at the sky, with the usual shroomy-effects :smile:  Should I try 2.0?  3.0?  3.5?  Thanks guys

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Of course! [Re: Euphoria]
    #1894060 - 09/08/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Just a hint, which doesnt need to apply:
I usually get very paranoid and unhappy when tripping alone. This is due to my uncertainty about several things in my life. They usually dont bug me, but when on shrooms I can really upset myself by ramping and insulting myself. If you notice, that you reflect a lot about your behaviour when tripping with others (which is what I do), dont trip on a too high dosage alone. Ive learned to "handle" myself, when the "other me" starts dissing me again, but it took a few trips on low dosages to get aquainted. If you are alone and start to feel uncomfortable it can be hell.
This however doesnt have to apply for you, a it depends on your character. I just wanetd to point this out.
Other than tht Id go for at least 3grams of Cubensis, otherwise I myself just dont get pulled into cartoon-land enough to not get bored alone.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinecannabis_sativa
journeyman
Re: Of course! [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1894497 - 09/08/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

on saturday i ate some mush alone and i went and sat by the highway about a mile from my house and smoked joints and listened to phish on my headphones while watching cars drive by at 1 in the morning.

--------------------
Getting high is fun :smile:

Anonymous

Re: Of course! [Re: cannabis_sativa]
    #1894765 - 09/08/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If I was to trip outdoors I would dose myself at around 1:30 or 2:00.
Nothing is nicer then being in solitude feeling good watching the world wake up. As you listen to the crickets lonley songs as they are going to sleep you start to hear the birds singing there songs of praise for the new day. And the sound of all the people getting in their cars and going of to work. While you are just there observing it all. Its great. Makes the rest of your day wonderful.

OfflineBoarder420
Stranger
Re: Of course! [Re: ]
    #1894876 - 09/08/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dude, listen to some radiohead... trippy shit

OfflineEuphoria

Re: Of course! [Re: Boarder420]
    #1895082 - 09/08/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Of course radiohead!  I will bring along OK Computer and Hail to the Thief.

JazzMatazz --> EXTREMELY helpful advice, thank you very much. 

AFungi --> I think 1:30 or 2:00 is a little early for me...I've got nothing going on tomorrow until 6pm but I think I would like to be home in bed at 4 the latest tomorrow morning.  I'm pretty sure I'm doing this tonight.

I just finished supper about 20min ago, so I think I will dose around 8 or 9pm...and I have two joints pre-rolled, a big one and a not-so-big one :wink:  Which would you reccomend for the come-up / come-down?  Also, should I dose, and just start walking until i feel it coming on, or is it neat to dose, start listening to an album and let it all hit?  Thanks again, you guys rock.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale