Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGanoderma
journeyman
homemade system; what do you think?
    #1889649 - 09/06/03 11:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This is how i constructed my fruiting chambers while leaving room for expantion of the system,
First i took a cool mist humidifier and set it up by covering the the opening and converting it to attach a 3/4 I.D. hose. I'v placed a filter over the air intake to filter all air that is pulled in.
Next i took two clear tubs from wal-mart, one 58Qt. and the other one 73Qt., I drilled two hole in each tub soon to be a fruiting chamber, the 58Qt. container i drilled both holes on the same side (under the handles), one towards the top of the container and the other one a little over an inch from the bottom of the container. The 73Qt container was prepped just like the the other one except the bottom hole was placed on the other end of the container. I then took a two threaded reducers and one 1/2" threaded(threaded the whole lenght)connector that is a little less than an inch in lenght, I threaded one of the reducers half way onto it and then place it in to one of the holes, and then screwed the other reducer on and tightened then down, and repeated this for each hole. on the out side of the tubs i screwed two 3/4inch female threaded/3/4inch barbed L connector for hooking up tubing.
The smaller chamber sits on top of the larger one with tubing running up to the top barb from the cool mist humidifier, then the bottom barb connects to the top barb on the large chamber. latter on the larger tub will be connected to another chamber, but for now the bottom vent has a home made(constructed)air filter using a filter disk to prevent contaminites from entering, ( took a large ballon, cut part of the end off and inserted a filter disc and placed over the L barb)

with the cool mist humidifier i'm not sure how often i should run it since the design should allow almost all CO2 to exit vai the action of gravity?

I plan on fruiting cased grain with this set-up

Let me know what you think of this set-up,

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: homemade system; what do you think? [Re: Ganoderma]
    #1889797 - 09/07/03 12:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If it works...great!

OfflineCrabbyAss
sharp shooter

Re: homemade system; what do you think? [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1891410 - 09/07/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

f

Edited by CrabbyAss (09/11/03 08:25 PM)

Offlinecasper702
Ghost

Loc: Learning to fly
Re: homemade system; what do you think? [Re: CrabbyAss]
    #1892036 - 09/07/03 10:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'am not sure if you cna use a clear plastic tub for cakes, correct me if you can experts but I think I saw a post the other day about someone in a panic because they were growing sideways and I think somebody told him it was because it was in a clear plastic tub. Hope it helps

OfflineGanoderma
journeyman
Re: homemade system; what do you think? [Re: casper702]
    #1892338 - 09/08/03 12:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, i just pulled two trays that contaminated with green mold, I think i'm going to disconnect them from each other, and hook each one up to the humidifier at a time, and plug the vents when not in use.

I sprayed both tubs out with a solution of h2o2 once i pulled both trays and poured some h2o2 into the humidifier in case the mold came from there.
the mold popped up a few days after the mycelium started popping through the casing (after i place them in the in fruiting chamber)
thanks for the input

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation