Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
How have psychedelics changed your life??
    #1886494 - 09/05/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know if this fits the spirtuality forum or not...but people here tend to give really thoughtful answers and so i figured id post it here

a few years ago, i consumed 12 hits of silver crystal acid (goooooood acid) one night. It broke down all my beliefs and then went and broke me down as well. It was the most incredible important experience that i had ever had, and as i was coming down i specifically remember thinking "Wow...how can anything ever be the same?"

It took me a few weeks to peice things together afterwards. But after that experience i began acting much much differently, in a very good way.

For one, before that experience i really was a jerk. I would make fun of people all the time, even my friends. I used to do all sorts of mean things to people without any regard. Something about that experience changed me. I think part of it was that for the first time in my life i saw past myself. Like before, i was always in a cage of myself, and after this i learned how much more there was.
That trip also forced me to deal with all sorts of subconscious insecurities in ways that i coudlnt imagine. I resisted it as long as i could but they all were forced to be dealt with.

Ever since that night i have been much nicer to other people. My entire personality changed as a result of that night...for the good.
I also noticed after that night i started making lots more friends without even trying. It was like people were drawn to the peaceful energy i had.

THat night also forced me through all sorts of things that i had never wanted to deal with. It was a very amazing experience.

Even after all these years...i still find that night to be the most important experiences in my developement. This is basically why i am such a huge acid fan now. And so i'm wondering
How have psychedelics changed your lives?
I'm really curious to know the different things that people feel they have gained from intense psychedelic experiences.
Good or Bad
How have psychedelics changed your life?

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1886521 - 09/05/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"I dont know if this fits the spirtuality forum or not...but people here tend to give really thoughtful answers and so i figured id post it here"

oh yeah it fits on here!!!  and it sounds like your experience was definately one for the better.  I've only done acid once (2 hits) couldn't imagine 12. :smile:

"I'm really curious to know the different things that people feel they have gained from intense psychedelic experiences.
Good or Bad"

well i wasn't the original person who thought this up, but it makes sense to me.  Drugs are neutral it's up to the person whether or not the experience is bad or good. I've personally had both happen, but more good than bad.  The main thing mushrooms did for me was give me a totally different perspective on life, how I act, etc.  My biggest difficulties were being judgemental towards others and making assumptions. 

making assumptions is quite hectic because when I assume, I am actually making an agreement with myself that whatever assumption I had is true.  I then act on it, and most of the times the assumptions were false. 

Being judgemental also was a key thing for me.  I ultimately asked myself, "why am I going to hold somebody in contempt for their imperfections when I myself am not perfect." therefore I can't really say what is right and wrong since we all have a different perspective on things.

but yeah I'm still working on these as I will probably be working on them for a very long time.  Overall, psychedelics were great for me. :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #1886532 - 09/05/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Drugs help me live in harmony with earth. There is alot I could type, and so much I wish I could share with you. I am in that mood, but words cannot do any justice man. I am not a master of the english language, I know it about as well as most the other general public, but what ive seen, I know there are not words for. There are not even thoughts for.

My life has been aided in a positive way, I have respect for people, animals, plants, and every single organism on this earth. I have swam through the rainbow electron rivers of the underlying process of existance. I have tapped into the underlying process of the earth wich we live, and come to a full understanding of how it works, and what my role here is.

IN OTHER WORDS, THEY ARE GOOD :smile:

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1886601 - 09/05/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I did acid before I did shrooms, acid pretty much shattered my beliefs and left me confuzed and somewhat frightened. I was raised christian.

After doing acid, I knew there was something spiritual about them (psykadeliks), but it took me a while for me to come to this conclusion. I got my hands on some shrooms one night, and I somehow knew I was in for a treat. One night later I ate them and lost my ego. It was the most wonderful experience of my life.....and I don't think it could have been better.

After that, I got into medatation and became more relaxed (I allready was pretty relaxed). I also god into pondering the universe and other dimensions of contiousness. It has been what I was always looking for.

I was always a 'thinker' and I was always drawing alien beings and other worlds in my spare time. Mushrooms really gave me what I needed to know in life. It basically told me what life was all about and how the ways of society are a bit 'off the path'. I became more inspired and secure in life after that trip.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: Murex]
    #1888198 - 09/06/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

On October 10th 2002, two hits of blotter tore it all down for me. It was good blotter, I suppose. I had eaten a lot of acid before, but never gotten anywhere with it. My biggest dose was 7 hits, which left me edgy and paranoid, eyes dialted and no visuals. I had a rough time. My friends, however, were sailing the marmalade skies. I didn't know what to make of it. At the time, I thought I had some sort of immunity to LSD.

But that turned out not to be true on October 10. During that trip, it felt as though all the horrible things I'd ever done, all the things I wasn't proud of and rather have forgotten, were thrown right in my face like a bucket of sand. There were no lines to be drawn, no justifications or rationalizations. The truth was right there, stark and unmoving. And I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed. I was surrounded by what felt like this benevolent, forgiving energy. I must have been in joyful hysterics for a good 4 hours.

My behaviour changed after that trip as well. Suddenly, I had lost an interest in angry rock music, and started listening to The Beatles. My atheistic, mechanical worldview disintegrated, and I began exploring Oriental philosophy. I no longer felt as though the world was filled with potential enemies, only friends I've yet to meet. I felt very novel.

None of that lasted, though. Psychedelic drugs may have the potential to give a person a swift boot in the spiritual ass, but the person is then required, I believe, to put forth some degree of effort in maintaining those desirable changes. My old habits began to sink in again, and I began to regress into the competitive self I still struggle with today.

I've not forgotten that experience and what it meant to me, however. I will carry it around until death, I imagine.

I had written on that day,

In this place, the place where all of us will one day feel what eternity means, none of the hurt we feel holds any weight. It's this which will bring to me a companion comfort that will not depart my spirit for the duration of this life. Nothing will ever be the same again. Infront of me: these are all my misconceptions being torn apart. This is what freedom and liberty really means.

The boundries of our perceptions are meant to be tested, pressed upon, and blurred. For without question, undeniably and with zero doubt this day, there is more to this universe than first meets the senses. The notion of an absolutely cohesive world is madness. Such a world would tear itself apart in this oscillating momentum, like a brick in a washing machine.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1888333 - 09/06/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LSD allowed me to break free from binding thought patterns, dissect them, analyze them in detail, figure out the root cause, transcend it, and build new foundations. It allowed me to open the subtle perceptions of higher senses, it changed the way I feel about the world around me, it helped me to understand myself better, to understand others, and on and on..

and that was my first experience.

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1888466 - 09/06/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

One of the biggest things that happened for me is I no longer Fear Death. Sounds trivial but its not. Its one of the biggest hurdles I've overcome. Think about it, we really don't think much about death(our own) on a daily basis it tends to be depressing. I mean you realize the world will keep going on without you not even missing a beat. Sure a few will mourn but NOTHING you can do will prevent your death. Deep enough thought into this subject can be frieghting and sometimes deeply saddening. But I have learned not to fear it( I cant explain the process by which I came to learn this for there are no words)

All in all it has made me much better on the inside

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1888501 - 09/06/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They've provided me with more questions than answers.

That's for sure.

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: Revelation]
    #1888523 - 09/06/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It allowed me to open the subtle perceptions of higher senses, it changed the way I feel about the world around me, it helped me to understand myself better, to understand others, and on and on..

Would I be off-topic if I raised the question: What is it about these indole alkaloids that allow this to happen in so many people? Even those unexposed and unexpecting find themselves swimming in revelation. How does a 4-substitued heavy serotonin mirror such as psilocin invoke such astonishing insights?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1888847 - 09/06/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
LSD allowed me to break free from binding thought patterns, dissect them, analyze them in detail, figure out the root cause, transcend it, and build new foundations. It allowed me to open the subtle perceptions of higher senses, it changed the way I feel about the world around me, it helped me to understand myself better, to understand others, and on and on..

Ahh... same for me, except with just marijuana and the occasional musrhooms.. most of this growth was done with our friend sobriety, however..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1888855 - 09/06/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My 5-gram trip changed EVERYTHING!!! It helped me to stop worrying about trivial bullshit, and showed me what's important in life. It gave me a glimpse at the inner workings of the universe. It's made me much more mellow and calm. I've learned to let go of anger and live a peaceful life. It showed me how to be mentally balanced and centered. It also led me to convert to Buddhism.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1889175 - 09/06/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

lsd was cool for me, but I was in a group of people (the one time I've done it) and we were driving to the woods, got lost, and roamed around aimlessly for a good 4 hours. Best time I have ever had without reaching the actual destination lol.

with mushrooms I had a horrible trip during my first time, but afterwards I realized it was my own doing. from then on, mushrooms were awesome basically telling me it was ok, to relax, chill out, and enjoy your surroundings!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: kaiowas]
    #1889192 - 09/06/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They have single handedly destroyed mine  :oogle: :eyemouth:
But hopefully I'll recover.
In any case, I'm not against their use at all...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: Ped]
    #1889205 - 09/06/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What is it about these indole alkaloids that allow this to happen in so many people? Even those unexposed and unexpecting find themselves swimming in revelation. How does a 4-substitued heavy serotonin mirror such as psilocin invoke such astonishing insights?

Nobody really knows. Hopefully someday in the future, science will learn the answer.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: Murex]
    #1889228 - 09/06/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OK, obviously some chemists on this thread, maybe u can help me out with a seemingly simple question...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineNewToTrippin
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: lucid]
    #1889319 - 09/06/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You guys are all superior to me. I have yet to experience and form of psychadelic substance. It has been my goal for about 2 years now. I am jealous. Hopefully I will reach my goal in the near future. I envy you all soo much.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How have psychedelics changed your life?? [Re: NewToTrippin]
    #1890629 - 09/07/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

>> You guys are all superior to me.  I am jealous.  I envy you all soo much.

Hopefully your future psychedelic experiences will help you understand that none of us are innately superior, and that there's no cause for such feelings as jealousy and envy. :smile:

Good luck, stranger.

--------------------

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #1890657 - 09/07/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It has made me realize that my life is much better of not doing drugs.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1891321 - 09/07/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Would I be off-topic if I raised the question: What is it about these indole alkaloids that allow this to happen in so many people? Even those unexposed and unexpecting find themselves swimming in revelation. How does a 4-substitued heavy serotonin mirror such as psilocin invoke such astonishing insights?

Well Ped, I could not give you any solid scientific answer to such a question, but one of a metaphysical nature, along the lines of Terrence Mckenna thought. The psilocybin mushroom acts as a catalyst for human consciousness..invoking the ancient memories of spirit and all-that-is. It helps to dissolve away (temporarily perhaps) the illusions of material reality, to get a glimpse into the eternal nature of spiritual realms. The way I see it, is that psilocin acts on the molecular level, (DNA)...and far be it from me to explain my vision quite lucidly, but I see the double-helix spinning in perfect symmetry, acting upon our own DNA as having healing properties and the ability to raise our vibrational level. Linking the spatial breaks on our limited perceptions. It allows us to confront deep fears/issues, attune to the more subtle vibrations of 'reality', and explore our within in a more objective fashion. That is touching on the tip of the iceberg, and my limited subjective perception is far from complete. But all in all, I view the psilocybin mushroom, as a sort of catalyst for human consciousness to perceive and experience more clearly the 'subtle' realms, and their impact on everyday waking reality. I see it as a double-helix... bonding with our own, and raising our frequencies. A sort of tool for accessing higher states of consciousness. In a nutshell..

--------------------

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1891860 - 09/07/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Brilliant....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder