Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: ]
    #1881432 - 09/04/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Picked the first Specimen exactly six days from planting of Sod.

Rain is expected to be a little more substantial tonight, so hopefully things will pick up. The rain has been sporadic, and not very heavy since the turf was planted.

They still have only planted about 1/3 of the property.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1884267 - 09/05/03 07:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Blue ringers appear in fresh sod within two weeks of planting the sod in the ground here int he PNW.
Thats bnecasue the myelium has been growing in the stacked sod until it is delivered to a lwan by a lawn service supply company. Bassett and Western in Woodinvile, Washing which is next to Carnation dairy suppy many suburban lawns in Bellevue, Redmonk Kirland, Rwenton and Auburn with such fertile soil which produces shrooms. I just picked some last week and posted a few images forma new lawn only three weeks old.

mj

Not a coupple of years. They usually only grow for a few years due to a lack of lawn service and sprinkler systems and now due to a lack of the disappearing daily pastures south of Seattle being replaced by one story Boing not poluting buildings.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: Inca]
    #1884285 - 09/05/03 07:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Inca, I am the one who posted that article and scanned it. you can repost it with copy and properties and it will not affect your upload limit. You opost the url and then the [image]Picture[/image} like so and get the whole artilce.

mj

I picked C. chlorocystis in Florida with Arnold weeks back in 1979.

have a shroomy day.

mj

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1884404 - 09/05/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ALl very interesting - the panaeolus mystery continues - why not get Guzman on the job MJ - then we'll have 20 new panaeolus species!

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1884608 - 09/05/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Guzman has at least 25 new psilocybe species but his time is all going into the revision of the genus Psilocybe. HE has shrooms even Workman has a hard time to get growing of new species I discovered.

.mj

To do this kind of worrk youhave to have a position in that particular field and then you createe your field of interest formthe mycology interest.

Then you can study these shrooms.

Remember everyone in a University who handles hallucinogenic shroooms can only do so with a schedule one permit, something which is very hard to obtain in the USA. and sometimes even in other countries.

After Gartz almost lost his job at the U of Leipzig for selling cultures int he 1990s he was not allowed to do much University research on psilocybeine shroonms after that fiasco which he did not ttell me about so Ilearned second hand from several european mycologists.

have a shroomy day.

mj

Anonymous

#1885537 - 09/05/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Picked 4 of 5 new specimens today. The turf is now extremely saturated from heavy rains overnight. They are still planting new turf, approaching maybe 1/3 of what is going to be planted.

The ones I am finding now, are originating from the first sod that was planted a week ago. Things should be starting to accelerate.

Pics taken today will be uploaded tonight.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1886034 - 09/05/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I picked C. chlorocystis in Florida with Arnold weeks back in 1979.

Which city/town was that in?

Anonymous

#1886825 - 09/05/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #1888023 - 09/06/03 08:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

very interesting stuff. living in tampa bay, florida ive found a couple of these lawn-dwelling psychoactive panaeolus. in june of this year i must have found at least 300 of these mushrooms growing on lawns, usually well-conditioned, but sometimes not. i found an abundance of them growing in more sparse grass, with slightly wooded (forest-like) soil under trees. they are psychoactive. having consumed about 12-15 i experienced a level 1 trip. my collections i gave to my friend because i was traveling at the time he said that from the 100-150 shrooms he got and dried, he experienced 2 level 3 trips with decent visuals and dadada.

anyway here are my pictures, and if anyone is interested i can send spore prints because i certainly am.

slight bluing near the base of the stripe:

after june the collections were fairly mediocre and lately i have not had time to look for anything. they bursted with friuts in june and afterwards there were only some here and there.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1888161 - 09/06/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hm, thanks for the photos Teonan.

Those give me the feeling they are slightly different than what i find..
-You ever find one with a nipple on the tip of the cap?

Here is some of my pix;

Anonymous

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1888508 - 09/06/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I am interested too. check PM.

Anonymous

Re: Potential motherload of grass dwelling Pans. [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1888516 - 09/06/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I can't imagine there are more then one species. I just think there are several variants of the same species.

A gill fragment would solve the mystery. HINT HINT HINT

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1891092 - 09/07/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yea, gg send him one if you can. i dont have one on hand but i will when and if i have time and if i find some.

mine often have a nipple on top especially in age, if you look at the opened pileus in the photo you will see it has a nipple. they all look different from when or where i find them and from specimen to specimen. some look identical to a stereotypical foen and some look somewhat like subbs because of their chunkiness especially of the stems. and some some look almost like cop cyans like the picture on the bottom gg posted.

their appearances vary but overall i would put their appearance closest with descriptions of P. castaneifolius, maybe i am swayed by P. castan's habitat....

anyway, lets keep this going.

Anonymous

#1916327 - 09/14/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

just an update. have found no new specimens since the last ones.

MagmaManiac
yourspores are within the size range. 12.5-13.75x 8.75-9 microns. without gill frags it is really just guess work. Shape and size is right, your spores are on the darkside of the spectrum in color.
spores of the specimens I get tend to be more redish/brown/dark brown under the scope. Which really doesn't mean much, after viewing the variability between spores of all the strains of copelandia cyanescens.
When you have the time, the gill frag will make it alot easier to know if they are the same.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1916523 - 09/14/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

since i have seen a lot of Conocybe lactea fruiting around the lawns i will check a local spot for them in the morning. the Pans often i have found growing when C. lactea was found.

i will promptly send it to you if i find it, how do you suggest i package it?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1917775 - 09/15/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

some some look almost like cop cyans like the picture on the bottom gg posted.

Those three shrooms on the white miami heat hat are not Copelandia cyanescens.. they sure do look a lot like them though don't they..

Last week i found 2 of the lawn shrooms, but i ate them both up lol

GG

Anonymous

#1918507 - 09/15/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Just dry a single cap and put it in a piece of paper taped on all sides, or a small manila envelope. Anyway you think it will remain intact. If you don't want to send a whole cap, just cut a wedge out of the cap before drying , and seal up the wedge after drying.

A wedge that forms a perfect triangle. The point of the triangle originating at the center of the cap, and the base of the triangle will be made up of the edge of the cap. If it is a small specimen just send the whole cap, or specimen.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1918895 - 09/15/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i did not find anything sorry. :thumbdown: its been dry this past week and a half. maybe if this hurricane brings some rain but looks like its heading north. 

Anonymous

#1919818 - 09/15/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's been hot and dry here too. It is driving me nuts looking at all that new turf and not finding squat.

Thanks for looking and if you ever come across them again....you know!!!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1921337 - 09/16/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

This fungus hates old lawns. 

T, I wouldn't go so far as to say, 'hates' :smile:

The first time i found these mushrooms was on March 1st of 2000.
-And it was my largest score ever, with almost 200 shrooms off of just one lawn. Not a new lawn, the lawn was a few years old.

Since that day i have been finding them in lawns all over town. Never found them on any freshly laid sod. Maybe about 80-100 different lawns throughout Sarasota/Manatee counties. Those include residential lawns, commercial building lawns, public parks lawns, and small lawns of fast food resturants.

I have bioassayed the Shrooms in question, maybe 30-40 times. Each bioassay was a success.. these are my favorite Shrooms to eat and trip on. Though they do tend to mild in potency.

I'm still waiting for mjshroomer to share with us where it was that he was picking Copelandia chlorostysis, and i find it strange that he had never mentioned on any message boards that he picked this Copelandia mushroom.

I have been looking on every lawn i come across for the past three years, looking for these shrooms and have never found them growing from fresh sod. And i have looked on many freshly laid lawns. I look for them almost everyday.

March is the finest month of the year for this mushroom.

It's too dry and hot and sunny right now for mushrooms.

Keep shroomin,
GG   

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom