Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: at the rate its going now [Re: LOBO]
    #1884400 - 09/05/03 08:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

We all know that human at this point in time has the technology to move away from fossil fuels, but do we? No greedy people in the oil industry don?t let us change and frankly most people don?t care, so like shroomisim said it will take a huge cataclysm were most of the people die to make a change,

Well since Bush is the oil industries bitch we all know that won't happen in the next four years right?

I agree with you LOBO about it taking a disaster to get society to change. In the case of oil, thankfully it is a finite resource. One day it WILL run out and we will be forced to go to something else. I read where a "gas station" just opened in California that provides ALL of the alternative fuels in one place for the first time: ethanol, fuel made from waste scraped off a factory floor, recharge stations for electric cars, etc.

I don't think the impetus for the change will come from the demand side though. It will occur only on that day in the future when the last little drop of oil they wring out of the earth falls into the last barrel..

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: at the rate its going now [Re: Jellric]
    #1884466 - 09/05/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im a strong believer that technology can coexist with nature. I also believe that we are building technology on too high of an end. It is built on the wrong foundation. I believe that we have technology in us, and mother earth, and the natural process has technology we can tap into.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: at the rate its going now [Re: tak]
    #1884493 - 09/05/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Correct me if im wrong but dont the governments in all developed countries make a considerable amount of money from the use of fossil fuels. It's not a question of whos in charge, the money made can be used as a scapegoat anyways. "yeah we'll improve the country with the money we make." oh shit we built the millenium dome instead.

Humans are strange creatures obsessed with the exchange of items for bits of printed paper, which get exchanged for more items etc.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: at the rate its going now [Re: Ped]
    #1888316 - 09/06/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

PED makes the point. This society is fueled by one thing ($$$) BLING BLING YO. When the paper becomes worthless is when things change. Why aren't they pushing perpetual energy machines, and cars that run off water? Simple, because there's no money in that. Shit, most people pay for water these days... next it's gonna be air...

Yes, our sad society is run by people who desire two things above all else: money, power. The well-being and general harmony of it's citizens comes second, third, or fourth to how much they can manipulate and gain. It's all about domination and control. That's why your resident Shroomism is vehemently defying the malevolent US empire and subsequent Illuminati, and attempting to implode it from the inside. Revolution nearing critical mass. Sovereignty must break free.

Earth will take care of things in its own way. If it needs to, it will wipe the planet clean. Then where will our precious money be? Little green pieces of paper are pretty worthless when the government is non-existant, and rice is worth more than gold. Yes, all the greatest technology in the world doesn't mean anything without food to eat, or electricity to run it.

Revolution NOW!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder