Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games
    #18865491 - 09/19/13 10:25 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

49er fans write to newspaper objecting to Seahawks loud stadium
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
September 18, 2013 9:49 pm ET

If you watched the Seahawks-49ers game on Sunday night and had the volume on anything over moderate, there's a 50 percent chance you went deaf. That's because the Seahawks fans at CenturyLink Field were loud. Jet-taking off, 136.6 decibels, Guinness World Record loud.

Not everyone likes loud though. Like two 49ers fans who took some time to write to the San Francisco Chronicle this week to complain about how loud CenturyLink Field was.

In a letter to the editor published on Tuesday, two 49er fans complained that they were 'appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise...'

Here's the letter, as published in Tuesday's Chronicle.

Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Now you're probably thinking, 'That's the weirdest letter I've ever read and can I please get that 30 seconds of my life back and please tell me there's not another one.' Well, I have bad news, there's another one. On Wednesday, the Chronicle published a second letter to the editor complaining about the noise at the Seahawks game.

Here's the text of that letter.

I couldn't agree more with [the first letter].

It wasn't a game of skill anymore; it was an exhibition of excessive stadium noise, posturing obscenities in your opponent's face to draw a foul and street-punk behavior to fire up tensions to gain any advantage to get the win.

I hope the NFL will listen before the fans go deaf. Please stop the excessive stadium noise, and just play football.

The moral of the story here seems to be: Seahawks games shouldn't be televised. They're too loud.

:cryaboutit:  :crymeariver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMush4Brains
LOOL HACKED!!!

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: Led Zeppelin] * 1
    #18865497 - 09/19/13 10:27 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

If you're a good team you shouldn't need specially designed stadiums to help hold in noise to gain an advantage.  All the bandwagon Seahawks fans are hilarious.

Invisiblepsychodelia
Not a cop

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: Mush4Brains]
    #18865510 - 09/19/13 10:31 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

What a bunch of pussies. Try going to an English premier league football match, that is LOUD

--------------------
don't be nervous

Edited by psychodelia (09/19/13 10:33 PM)

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: Mush4Brains]
    #18865516 - 09/19/13 10:32 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mush4Brains said:
If you're a good team you shouldn't need specially designed stadiums to help hold in noise to gain an advantage.  All the bandwagon Seahawks fans are hilarious.

:lol: it ain't the stadium baby its the fans. lets see the away record at the end of the season if you think we win because of the noise.

the only thing then noise affects is communication. and kaperdick started using hand signals, they communicated just fine. they just suck

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: psychodelia]
    #18865536 - 09/19/13 10:38 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psychodelia said:
What a bunch of pussies. Try going to an English premier league football match, that is LOUD

What's the decibel record?

--------------------

OfflineMush4Brains
LOOL HACKED!!!

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: Led Zeppelin] * 1
    #18865583 - 09/19/13 10:52 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

Mush4Brains said:

:lol: it ain't the stadium baby its the fans. lets see the away record at the end of the season if you think we win because of the noise.

the only thing then noise affects is communication. and kaperdick started using hand signals, they communicated just fine. they just suck

No, it is the design of the stadium.  If you put those same fans in Lambeau it won't touch that level of noise.

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
    #18865585 - 09/19/13 10:52 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, you're fucking dumb if you think subjecting anyone to 136.6 decibels is a good idea, especially for something as meaningless as football.

That's damaging and irresponsible.

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: propensity] * 1
    #18865591 - 09/19/13 10:55 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

propensity said:
Yeah, you're fucking dumb if you think subjecting anyone to 136.6 decibels is a good idea, especially for something as meaningless as football.

good thing people aren't forced to go to football games against there will then :thumbup:

oh and I assume you want to ban concerts too? when will this society drop its fucking pussy

Edited by Led Zeppelin (09/19/13 10:56 PM)

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#18865597 - 09/19/13 10:59 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mush4Brains said:
Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

Mush4Brains said:

No, it is the design of the stadium.  If you put those same fans in Lambeau it won't touch that level of noise.

century link field was built in 2002. hawks fans have been known as the loudest since the 80s

Edited by Led Zeppelin (09/19/13 11:00 PM)

OfflineMush4Brains
LOOL HACKED!!!

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #18865615 - 09/19/13 11:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Link?

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#18865636 - 09/19/13 11:12 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

sure

"Seattle's fans are known as the loudest in the NFL, so much so that the league instituted a noise rule in 1985."

http://www.seahawks.com/12th-Man/index.html

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #18865641 - 09/19/13 11:13 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

propensity said:

good thing people aren't forced to go to football games against there will then :thumbup:

oh and I assume you want to ban concerts too? when will this society drop its fucking pussy

I like that you're so passionate about this and all... but do you have any idea how loud 136 decibels really is?

The loudest concert ever was kiss@ 136dB recently.... and Holy shit that must have sounded so horrible :lol:

I measure decibels at most shows I go to just out of curiosity and out of 30+ this year, none have passed 110dB, with 93~ being average, and 93dB is pretty loud. Decibels are a logarithmic scale. 136 is SO much louder than an average concert you probably could hardly imagine it.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: twighead]
    #18865647 - 09/19/13 11:16 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

That's how we get down in SEA town.

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: twighead]
    #18865655 - 09/19/13 11:17 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

propensity said:

I like that you're so passionate about this and all... but do you have any idea how loud 136 decibels really is?

The loudest concert ever was kiss@ 136dB recently.... and Holy shit that must have sounded so horrible :lol:

I measure decibels at most shows I go to just out of curiosity and out of 30+ this year, none have passed 110dB, with 93~ being average, and 93dB is pretty loud. Decibels are a logarithmic scale. 136 is SO much louder than an average concert you probably could hardly imagine it.

Pretty sure EDC hit like 140.

--------------------

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #18865667 - 09/19/13 11:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Link? That must've sounded so bad too :lol: at around 110~ the high frequencies start distorting like mad and compressing/hurting your ears, I've been to shows where it was so loud people were puking and it sounded like absolutely nothing but white noise but I doubt that was pushing 110-120 even

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: propensity]
    #18865671 - 09/19/13 11:20 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

propensity said:

Yeah, its not as if they're forced to be there or anything.

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#18865673 - 09/19/13 11:21 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

If you dont like the noise, dont go to the game.

so what are we gonna force denver to move their stadium because its too high?

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#18865678 - 09/19/13 11:23 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: being at 6000ft isn't even comparable to the massive damage you're doing to your ears at 136db

I'm in the Seattle area and don't go to their games so yeah... :awesome: I don't. But I feel bad for the people who just want to watch football but end up getting serious permanent hearing loss.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
Re: some fourty-whiners want to ban cheering too loud at football games [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #18865686 - 09/19/13 11:25 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Quote:

propensity said:

Yeah, its not as if they're forced to be there or anything.

Yeah okay, no one is forced to be there but I thought it was about people playing football and not a bunch of dumbshits being loud and obnoxious on a level that is dangerous to the people around them.

Quote:

Led Zeppelin said:
Quote:

propensity said:

Lol you really have no idea what decibels represent. No concert that doesn't sound unimaginably bad (as twighead explained) is gonna be anywhere near that loud.

Yeah I'm such a pussy for not wanting to hear terrible sounding shit. :whatever:

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

#18865695 - 09/19/13 11:27 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah but in Las Vegas they use the Motor Speedway which is fucking huge. People in the CL stadium are exposed to the noise for a few hours whereas EDC last for three days.

http://joonbug.com/national/frequency/How-to-Survive-EDC-Las-Vegas-2013/uJWeJCOsghp

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom