Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
Re: Terrorists Eating Farm Animals [Re: shakta]
    #1878986 - 09/03/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

One does not have to worship nature in order to respect it. We do have many natural resources but without responsible conservation and renewal efforts (ones that have not yet been implemented, perhaps) then it is all for naught. Hemp is HIGHLY underused in the resource department. Government is afraid to go hog-wild on endorsing it because it is too closely related to it's smokable buddy. And ya know we just cannot have that.

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Terrorists Eating Farm Animals [Re: Clover]
    #1880490 - 09/04/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. The funny thing is hunters, at least in Texas, do more to conserve the environment than anyone.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1882557 - 09/04/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hemp is great and all,but I refuse to play a guitar made out of it. :grin: 

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Terrorists Eating Farm Animals [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1882864 - 09/04/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I'll stick with wood for building as it looks a bit nicer when stained.

Fuck the earth. I want my material to look good stained.

Trees grow back, but hemp grows back what, 200-300 times faster than a tree? It's a no brainer dude. I just don't think you want to face how corrupt our leaders are.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

Re: Terrorists Eating Farm Animals [Re: Learyfan]
    #1882887 - 09/04/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hemp is nice for alot of things... but for some applications, why not enjoy the beauty of wood?

most trees cut go toward making paper, cardboard, plywood, beams.... it would be great to make these out of hemp instead.

if we made paper products and construction materials out of hemp, the forests could easily sustain a little genuine wood being used to make desks, furniture, guitars, etc.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Terrorists Eating Farm Animals [Re: ]
    #1883087 - 09/04/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It's fine if wood is used as a novelty material, but it shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the primary building material. LDS made it sound like it was ok to keep hemp production illegal because wood looked better stained.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1883971 - 09/05/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LDS made it sound like it was ok to keep hemp production illegal because wood looked better stained.

Bullshit. Learn to read.

As a plus.... you set a new personal best for asinine statements.

And by the way "oh he who reads but apparently does not comprehend", here's a paste from the article you linked to.......
"And we made a hemp house; we cut all the lumber to build that. We use trees from the side of the hills. My buffalo corrals are made out of boards I cut ."

The building is made partly from WOOD. As a matter of fact, the only hemp product he mentions is the insulation.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1884970 - 09/05/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LDS made it sound like it was ok to keep hemp production illegal because wood looked better stained.

Bumped for Lerayfan so we can see if he'll either......
a. show me where I said anything like that
or
b. admit he said something foolish.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#1885729 - 09/05/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I made a mistake about the wood, but hemp CAN make any material that wood can weither that guy used it or not. Come on.

You never said that you justify the illegality of hemp because wood looks better when stained but that's what it sounded like to me.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1885808 - 09/05/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well, better than many here would have done.

To clarify, hemp should not be illegal any more than pot should. My comments were based purely on the aesthetic. I like the look of wood.

It grows back.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1885823 - 09/05/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it does grow back. Legal hemp production would be awesome though.

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
    #1893352 - 09/08/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
I agree. The funny thing is hunters, at least in Texas, do more to conserve the environment than anyone. 

Although I do not personally know any hunters (or fisherman for that matter) outside of Texas, I will agree that those I know who do reside and hunt here, practice environmental conservation to a degree. For example, catch and release.
Conservation efforts on ANYONE's part is a good thing.  :smile:   

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1893358 - 09/08/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That is not the limit of it though Clover. The deer population, for example, is managed by hunters and the government together.

Offlineunlikelyhero
Ramblin' Man

Loc: Lancaster (Uni), Darlingt...
    #1893392 - 09/08/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Human beings are animals. Just in the same way animals have the right to hunt for their food so do we. Because of the over-population of the earth by humans, however, the vast majority of us can't rely on hunting anymore because we would end up destroying all types of ecosystems and wiping out even more species. Which means most people rely on eating meat which has been cramped into confined spaces and treated like the only reason it is there is to feed us (the arrogance of humanity). If you go and hunt to provide you with food I have the utmost respect for you. I'm a vegetarian but for reasons of being against intensive farming and the fact that i wouldn't want to eat the animals that they treat in the way they do... battery farm chickens, for example. Organic meat is pretty expensive, too.
I read recently that the abundance of cows is partially responsible for high levels of methane in the atmosphere - who's fault is that? Why are there so many cows? Humans.
The world is so over populated now that so many people rely on intensive farming that it means that although most people are willing to eat the flesh of a cow, they would never be able to kill one themselves. IMO, that says something about our culture and how many of our instincts are bottled up through this forced technology-reliant society that most of us live in.

UH

P.S. read 'Ishmael' by Daniel Quinn - a book that not only expresses these ideas MUCH more coherently, but goes into great depth as well.

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference - Bill Hicks

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Terrorists Eating Farm Animals [Re: unlikelyhero]
    #1893402 - 09/08/03 08:39 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think anyone that eat's meat and is not willing to kill there own food is a wuss. :wink:

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
    #1894147 - 09/08/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
That is not the limit of it though Clover. The deer population, for example, is managed by hunters and the government together. 

Oh, to be sure. And while I absolutely abhor the concept of hunting for sport, there is no way I would attempt to stop or condemn someone for doing it. It is going to be done regardless what I think anyway! But, there is absolutely something to be said for those hunters (and fisherman, who are by concept, hunters, no?) who help support a balanced ecological system.  :thumbup: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order