Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
Everyones going.
    #1885449 - 09/05/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Tomorow my best mates are moving away. Theyve helped me so much in the past few months with my depression and anxiety i owe so much to em and im all choked up on em movin away. As well as that all of my friends are moving away to uni and what not, basically moving on with their lives and im stuck here in this shit hole of a town livin at home and its really gettin to me. My best pal has said to move up with him in a few months and i really wanna, in fact i think im gonna. I dont know why im typing this but i suppose gettin my thoughts down helps maybe i dunno. Has this happened to anyone else? I know its growin up n everything but its such a drag that literally ALL of my friends have gone or are going within the next 3 weeks. I wanna cry so hard but im holdin it back coz i dont wanna look a puss in-front of the rents.

My lifes not bad compared to my best best bud whos had to move away coz hes been forced to, hes had so much shit. He split up with his long term girlfriend on valentines day 2 days after they got back from paris then lost his job the next week, then his old dear moved away to wales and he had to move in with his sis and her husband who are huge coke heads and put up with gettin decked by the hubby of his sis when he slagged em off for bein irresponsible parents and sayin his sis was a selfish cow for not thinkin about the kid in her belly. Then his mum got taken into hospital with a brain tumour covering a quarter of the left side of her brain after she collapsed at home and then two days later his nan gettin taken into hospital with terminal cancer which had paralised the left side of her body after it had spread from her lungs and up to her brain, talk about a rough ride, so he went up to see his nan and mum (while his sis sat at home feeding her habit) and went through hell. He arrived home monday to an argument with his sister and her fuck head hubby saying why he hadnt payed any rent for the past 3 weeks ( i mean wtf after all that happened this is the first thing they cared about? Fuckin junkies) So he got into a fight with them and they slung him out i put him up for a couple nights and he organised to move up north with a couple girl friends we know. All of this has made us ace friends. My other mate is leavin on a better note, hes found a girl he likes and us going to shack up with her, this makes me dead happy for him because a) hes gettin out of this shit hole and movin to cambridge b) hes had so much shit through the past few years im glad for him to sort his life out.

But this leaves me, stuck here, with my old pot head mate who i dont really associate with now i stopped toking and have grown apart and my other mate who has a kid and leads a busy life supporting his family. So in theory i have ... 2 mates left, it dawned on me the past week and its really bummed me out. I dunno if im lookin for a reply or what :/ im just glad to have wrote this even though im sad to see em go.  :frown: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Everyones going. [Re: MorbidHamster]
    #1885487 - 09/05/03 03:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I've been there man, and it sucks.

What you gotta do is take any chance you can to meet new people, even if you don't think you'll like them, or they'll like you.

I was in that same situation, after most of my friends moved away, the friends I had left in the city had pushed me out of their lives, for whatever reasons. I was left with not one friend I could talk to or even go out to a movie with. I started hanging out with my brother now and then, even though we traditionally hate each other. This went on for half a year, seriously depressing and boring.

Then I hear one of my buddies from out of town is coming in to visit. So I tell him to call me when he gets in town. He did and then we went out for lunch, and I met another old friend that lived in the same city! I didnt even know. So thats how I met one of the best friends I have today, and through him made another great friend, and so on... its not just who you meet directly, but who you meet indirectly through those people.

Take some chances and don't let yourself be stuck indoors.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being