Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleImperfect Iam
^means imperfect,not I'm perfect
Male User Gallery

Loc: center of the universe Flag
mycellium
    #18852349 - 09/17/13 04:15 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Habitat:ground off the side of a log underneath an oak and close to some fir trees as a matter of fact these popped up about 3 feet away
Where does it grow? Eg. woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on? Eg. soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?), etc.
grown off the side of log on dirt right in the midwest part of the us
Gills:pores?
Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.
the color is a brownish white
Stem:none
Length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc.

Cap:none, but we will use what I think is myc. as an example, it,s about 6inch x4inch, a brownish white color with what looks like very small pores
Diameter, color, texture, conical/spherical, coleex/concave, etc.

Spore print color:N/A yet at least not yet
Very important!

Bruising:none that I know of
Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.

Other information:I dug a hole and put cardboard down then I topped that w/reishi, parts of a hen of the woods, then g. applanatum then put a log on the top of all that and here's what I need to know, is there anyway to tell what u have growing from the looks of the mycelium, there was def. some turkey tails that grew on the log but i've been pulling all those off I'm really wanting the hen of the woods to pop up that's what I'm hoping this is the start of, anyone got a clue
Scent of the mushroom, anything else you think is important, large close-up pictures showing stem, cap and gills.an earthy smell(prob. the dirt)

Edited by Imperfect Iam (09/17/13 05:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

Re: mycellium [Re: Imperfect Iam]
    #18852398 - 09/17/13 05:03 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone think I could have buried some chanterelle mycelium and thats where those in the pic came from. I would like to think so but I've heard it takes years for them to attach to the roots of oaks to grow.

--------------------
All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be- Pink Floyd

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- John Lennon

Offlinemahniti
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: south europe
    #18852436 - 09/17/13 05:47 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

i have one documentary caled tableland, in which there is one woman from france who spreads chantarelle mycellium all over the forests where she picks them and over the years she managed to increase its population a lot. you just have to find out in which direction wind blows and throw mature mushrooms down the wind. and you have to do it after rain when theres enough moisture in the air.

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #18852482 - 09/17/13 06:20 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Some saprophytes are secondary degraders, happiest on wood that is already being digested by other agents that don't compete for the same nutrients or at least leave something behind in the soft wood. Some share mycelium! Sometimes the fungus you want can get crowded out or entirely parasitised. So I would find a stack like that very exciting. I have no idea whether you have helped the chants but props anyway and bon appetit.

--------------------

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

Re: mycellium [Re: Joie]
    #18852612 - 09/17/13 08:01 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yeah so it is possible that I possibly grew them or to be politically correct set the stage for them to grow? I had never notice them there before(was never even looking for them there though) I just really think it is quite a coincidence, I would love to know if it was me but I'll never know for sure. Man these mushrooms are some very interesting,elusive, magnificent  fungi i absolutely love this hobby , I can't get enough of them!

--------------------
All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be- Pink Floyd

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- John Lennon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies