Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Handling tripping
    #1879662 - 09/03/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Im interested in how other poeple handle tripping, and hallucinating. For me it used to be whenever I would start to hallucinate, it would all go downhill. The body high I could handle, but in the back of my mind would allways be the thought that I took too much, and something horrible was happening to me...getting higher and higher, but I dealt with it. Then Ide start seeing things....and it would be the straw that broke the camels back (feather...hay...what have you). I couldnt handle hallucinating one bit, thinking what was happening to me, and I remember it was the worst fealing in the world not wanting to be that high anymore, but not being able to do anything about it (Im sure I dont have to explain the fealing). What goes through your mind while tripping? And whats your thresh hold...when do you start freaking out?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Handling tripping [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #1879768 - 09/03/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It really takes me a lot to freak out. But it does happen. I usually feel like the voice of reason when something goes wrong or someone starts to feel like hell. Hallucinations don't bother me one bit, I find them very entertaining, even if they're scary. It's something my mind's created to throw me off or make me laugh etc. I've never done anything like Datura which would probably freak me the hell out though. I always seem to have a constant grip on reality, and when I can't maintain that grip that's when I start freaking out. Sometimes I get a little scared if I'm sitting there and all of a sudden nothing exists anymore, and I have to tell myself, "I'm chilling in my room, listening to music.. X is here.. Y is here.. we're tripping, everythings ok" and go over the checklist to figure out what's going on.

A friend of mine told me something that messed with a couple trips of mine. After his last time with DXM, he said, "It's sad to think all the things that make us laugh or make our jaws drop in amazement just exist inside our heads and they're not really there at all." I dunno... half of the fun of a trip is saying, "OH SHIT DID THAT TREE JUST TURN INTO A FIFTY FOOT FIRE HYDRANT" instead of sitting there saying "Oh, great, look at what my head's doing to me." Live in the moment.

Everyone always says this but it really is so true; you took a drug, you're high off a drug, and you're eventually going to come down from said drug. So just sit back and chill. Enjoy the visuals dude.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1880118 - 09/04/03 01:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

weird, i had some similar thoughts on saturday night while trippin
on acid. after three hours i found myself walking towards the freakin
path lol but i saved it

well

lets take beans as an example. is there a limit how many beans
can a man eat? but hey, someone eats a few and he has problems with
his stomach while someone else eats ten times more and he is ok.
so each one of us has a limit of quantity he can consume for every
product. i have seen people totally freaking out, after munching quite
a few shrooms, while others do a hell more serious stuff in higher
quantites and yet they are handling it quite well.

so if u wanna eat a lot of beans but your stomach is already
destroyed u gotta find a solution. in the same manner, if u wanna
trip but you cant handle it, its time to face either not to trip
again or to exercise yourself so that you can handle it easier.
after all, humans are great learners :wink:

what do i do? well, i use a sticky note. Not a real one, of course.
lol. so i stick the note inside my mind when i realize that the
trip is now starting. the note says: "i am trippin, everything will
go off sometime soon" or somethin like that anyway. i dont know
if that works in everyone, but hey, it works for me. so i really
enjoy my trips. when i realize things can proceed in a weird way
inside my head, i read at the sticky note. and then laugh at how
distorted can my perception be at times lol. i mean, its cool to see
golden shapes comin out of nowhere but its also cool to realize
how much of a pervert u can be :smile:

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1880127 - 09/04/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was surprised when I had absolutely no feelings of that nature at all my first trip.  I just basically determined before time, that I would just go with the flow,and accept what comes, and enjoy this fabulous opportunity. 

The only time my trip sort of started to go bad was when somehow my clothes came off and I started thinking about how futile and how ridiculous our human bodies are.  I thought, "I'm a *soul*, I'm not a body!  Get me out of this thing!"  And it began to go a bit downhill because of my disappointment of being in a dumb body when I was actually a vibrant, shimmering soul.  :tongue:

Luckily, the trip was saved.  :cool:

My personal threshold has still to be discovered, but I love every sensation of what the mushroom does to me so I will try to continue to go with the flow of where they take me. 

-ShadeGirl 

Edited by EllemyshShade (09/04/03 02:02 AM)

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Handling tripping [Re: MOTH]
    #1880723 - 09/04/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you have trouble with visuals etc. maybe tripping isnt for you? Getting visuals and of course getting crazy thoughts is why I, and most people take psychedelics, if you are having trouble with shrooms, try acid (if you can find it of course) or vice versa, peace.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineFlowGnome
The artistformerly knownas Boobs McFeely

#1880915 - 09/04/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Visuals are half the point of a trip (on most substances) and never bother me until they get to the point where they obscure ordinary reality to the point where I can't differentiate between normal household objects and appliances and can't tell whether the tree is a tree or a horde of angry police officers running towards me with knives.    Then I usually just sit down for a minute.  :crazy2:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Handling tripping [Re: FlowGnome]
    #1881462 - 09/04/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As long as I have some good friends around me, it seems I can handle any situation I come across. My friends are very experienced trippers and they can recongnize situations in which I don't feel comfortable. They do their best to get my mind off what's bothering me and the almost always suceed. For the rare situation in which my friends aren't enough for me to cope with the trip, I always have a emergancy xanax in my pocket just in case I get a little too freaked out... but I rarely if ever have to resort to xanax.

Visuals themself never freak me out... what usually ends up getting to me is my thoughts. A snowball effect from one obsure thought that manafests itself into a deep cycle of irrational motivation and reasoning. I fall deeper and deeper into myself and can't get out of the thought cycle. Once I reach this point there's no turning back for me, I'm stuck, plagued to sit there for 3 or 4 hours wrenching myself through alien emotions and thoughts. They attack me, over and over again, trying to break me. They cycle continues until I surrender to myself. At this point I can't contol anything. Visuals consume me, and my surrounding world evaporates. My thoughts now run free though my body, telling me I'm dead; or I'm laying unconscious in a hospital; or that I have been attacted and knocked out, left to lay in a gutter... I eventually come to a few hours later covered in sweat.

Anyhow, the way I learned to cope with this particular situation is to try to get myself, thoughts and emotions, to stay on the surface. I try not to let the trip pull me inwards but rather to expell me outwards into the world. A lot of people like to travel within, but I rather go outside myself.

I guess what it all come down to is experience. The more you trip the more you'll be able to control the direction of your trip. Or you can just tell yourself, I've been through this situation many times before and nothing bad happend. . . why should this time be any different?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: Handling tripping [Re: djd586]
    #1881586 - 09/04/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It takes a lot to freka me out but if somebody i'm with is having a bad trip that really gets to my head. Mostly I just like to kick back, listen to some great music, put on some yellow sunglasses and watch words start flying out of my mouth.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineSolitude
protector of theKitab Al-Alzif
Re: Handling tripping [Re: i_rage_against]
    #1881608 - 09/04/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ive never had a problem (except on some laced weed i smoked)i always tell myself "its cool im jus trippin this is wuts supposed to happen, it will wear off" and im all good.

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
Re: Handling tripping [Re: Solitude]
    #1881864 - 09/04/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i dont know, a lot of the time when i trip i smoke weed with it (about 50% of the time) and ive realised that the weed makes the trip sometimes just tooooo much....i end up not remembering a lot of it, which kindof sucks. ive only had a trip turn sour twice, once was when some people i was with started trying to freak me out, and they succeeded..not cool. the other time is actually kindof funny...a thing that cna only happen on shrooms: I felt like i knew how the dog was feeling, and i kept playing with it, but I kept thinking it was annoyed with me for keeping it up late...that made me sad and i apologised to the dog (Swede)profusely, and walked away on teh verge of tears because i felt i had lost a good friend...then Swede followe dme along wanting to play, and i felt immediately better!

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Handling tripping [Re: i_rage_against]
    #1881889 - 09/04/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

i_rage_against said:
It takes a lot to freka me out but if somebody i'm with is having a bad trip that really gets to my head. Mostly I just like to kick back, listen to some great music, put on some yellow sunglasses and watch words start flying out of my mouth.

Didn't you just post in general questions about how to do shrooms, and what to expect if you do them?

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Handling tripping [Re: John]
    #1883066 - 09/04/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"I guess what it all come down to is experience. The more you trip the more you'll be able to control the direction of your trip. Or you can just tell yourself, I've been through this situation many times before and nothing bad happend. . . why should this time be any different? "

Exactly! I handle tripping very well now, this was when I was an apprentice...learning the ways if you will. I now teach the ways to many friends. Ive had many different people tell me they'll only eat mushrooms with me, because I know exactly what they're going through (well, to an extent). Ive had all the emotions, Ive had the fear, and Ive slipped in and out of conciousness for the night time and time again. Its just Ive allways thought it weird how different people handle drugs differently. I never thought of the day Ide take my first ten strip....or eat 7 grams of mushrooms all at once. Now Im sitting here looking back....and its like I hardly remember being sober and scared to take drugs.....wait, was I scared?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #1884280 - 09/05/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Handling tripping [Re: ]
    #1884448 - 09/05/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, lol... like saying, maybe I can pick up a baseball bat and go pro after a few swings.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: djd586]
    #1884748 - 09/05/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Handling tripping [Re: ]
    #1884969 - 09/05/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I just thought it was funny she posted that question, then 7mins later is speaking like shes an experienced tripper. If you haven't read the thread it's a good laugh. Sorry i_rage but you brought this upon yourself. I actually though it was a puppet at first, but she has no post in OTD so I guess not.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineUnderTheRose
Re: Handling tripping [Re: John]
    #1885042 - 09/05/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

@walrus: i had the same happen to me with my 7g. I really thought
i was laying in a hospital in a coma and all i was experiencing i was
just dreaming. But in reality i was in a coma. I was 100% convinced of it.
I have many problems to comprehend this sober.
Why did i think that? I mean, just opening the eyes should
be enough to dispell the illusion.
Obviously not...

wellwellwell
Rose

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order