Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr_Octagon
Stranger
Is it ok to trip when sick?
    #1881839 - 09/04/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hello, im just gettin over bein pretty sick. doctors dont know what i had/have but my throat swelled up a bunch and i had a horrible fever which got up to 104.3. Im startin to get over it, still have a soar throat, but the fever is gone, and i managed to come accross a batch of shrooms. I was curious if i can trip on em tonight or if it would be best to wait untill i was feeling better, despite the fact i have no freezer or anything to store them in. I dont know if there would be any horrible effects from tripping while sick, but i was thinking it could make me feel sicker, since shrooms enhance emotions and such, but i wasnt sure. anyone happen to know anything about this? any suggestions would be appreciated. oh and i do have a quad of dank herb which i can use if i get nausious. thanks a bunch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: Dr_Octagon]
    #1881877 - 09/04/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It depends on how experienced you are with trippin. I would suggest you don't if you arn't really experienced with psychedelics. If your worried about being sick and its affect on your trip, this could just prepare you to have a bad trip. Physically you would be fine, but you
being worried about negative effects because your sick could set you up for mental disastor. I would just wait if I were you, and don't freeze your shrooms, they will be fine in a cool dark place for a day or two (assuming you mean fresh)

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Anonymous

Post deleted by papaver [Re: John]
    #1883069 - 09/04/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1883264 - 09/04/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would recommend a full recovery before you trip.
You want to be able to breathe while you are peaking.  :smile:

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: Effed]
    #1884071 - 09/05/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

On my last trip with 2 other friends, 1 was ill he had puked 6 times over the day.. he didnt plan to trip because he was sick but still did it.. he didnt feel much of the mushrooms, yeah a bit but he said the illness was taking over the feeling of the mushrooms most of the time..

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: ShroomyJ]
    #1884077 - 09/05/03 05:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if u still notice symtonms they will probably annoy the hell outta u when u r trippin, or u might forget about them completely, but then when u comedown it will be like yur sick all over again. least thats wut happend 2 me

--------------------
KB

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1884086 - 09/05/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well I have noticed in the past when ill if you take a good enough does of libs it usual overides it. But I have only ever tried this with the flu though still its amazing how the symptoms dissapears for thoes 3 hours.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1884292 - 09/05/03 07:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Taking drugs when one is sick is an early sign of drug abuse.

But then thats your choice.

mj

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1884450 - 09/05/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Good point MJ.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineJunglest
High-Lander

Loc: Bonny Scotland
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: djd586]
    #1884941 - 09/05/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually its amazing how mushrooms can completly cut through a cold, sure you will notice your ill again when you come down but i dont see how it could make it any worse.
Oh and MJ, wtf are you talking about?

--------------------
dyn0: drug induced hazes are what makes life worth living
I got so high i scratched till i bled - Nirvana

OfflineDr_Octagon
Stranger
    #1885012 - 09/05/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

how is it i a sign of drug abuse? herb is very medicinal, would you say aids or cancer patients using it to cure pain are drug abusers? In my case im not using them for any medicinal purpose of course, but when mushrooms show up in my area, which usualy only happens right around now before fall harvest, grabbing them as soon as they are available is the only way to definately get em sense they sell faster than big macs at the end of a hunger strike. Only reason i consider taking em when im kind of sick is because they dont store well for a decent period of time unless you freeze them(from what everyone has told me). and since, as i said earlier, i dont have a usable freezer that is out of the question. so i can either do em sick or let em go sit and possibly go bad.

Offlinekhemfusion
battleaxewarrior

Loc: West Coast Canada
    #1887173 - 09/05/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My friend had a bit of a head cold on our trip, he had a runny nose, that was about it.

During the trip he seriously thought his noise was bleeding, which then caused me to "see" the blood flowing out of his nose, which sort of scared us until we got some light on the situation and saw that there was actually zero blood

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: ]
    #1887574 - 09/06/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cowsnose said:
Dude try it, its amazing how mushrooms work to "cleanse" you.

haha yah one time i dropped some cid after i had a sinus infection, the next day it was like i was never sick. but i still woundt suggest it, i was like 15 and naive, had no worries cause i convinced myself (cause i'd never had one yet) that bad trips didnt exist.

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
    #1887584 - 09/06/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Taking drugs when one is sick is an early sign of drug abuse.

But then thats your choice.

mj 

ehem... isnt ingesting shrooms drug abuse? im mean all you're doing is consuming a drug to get fucked up when it comes down to it? whether its for enlightenment or not, you're still getting trashed.haha.  :bong:

are you suggesting that its a sign of drug "addiction"?

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Edited by acidhead1279 (09/06/03 02:12 AM)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: acidhead1279]
    #1887993 - 09/06/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well I think all psychedelics actualy dilate the broncle tubes because of there effect on the sympathic nervous system (sorry for spelling). This just means that they can actually help you breath more easily, if you have the flu ect. But if there is something else thas wrong maybe it isnt a good idea to dose. Because it could cause a bad trip.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (09/06/03 07:51 AM)

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #1888428 - 09/06/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you take them just to get fucked up maybe. I don't think that Shamanism is a sign of drug abuse and they see mushrooms as a medicine. I know it would be different for him seeing as he isn't performing a ritual with a shaman. However they say that most illness is psychosomatic in nature, so therefore perhaps if he were to take them with the belief that they could help improve his health then it just might. I'm not saying that using anything would be a good idea, but psilocybin isn't just any drug.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #1888530 - 09/06/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well it sounds like you had strep throat , I remember doing some good acid while I had strep throat, and smoking cannabis

and well...........my throat hurt more than ever

but the weird thing is at a certain point I got used to the pain, and not just in a way where I could "take it" but it didnt matter at all

--------------------

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Is it ok to trip when sick? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1889357 - 09/06/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There is a thread somewhere touting great medicinal possibilities of psilocybes, someone can link it, I only read it yesterday so it must be close.

And I disagree with you MJ, I think being sick and doing shrooms have very little connection to drug abuse signs. Why? because nobody would yet consider using shrooms to escape sickness and hold on.. aren't they being proven to have medicinal qualities? No offence MJ, just I don't see the link.

Anyway, for the medicinal qualities of shrooms to come out you do not need a heroic dose, very small will do so if you do trip make it a small dose.

Oh and preserve those shrooms for longer by putting them on a fan, that will deplete their fluid levels and will keep them from degenerating during this time. Once they are near dry (fan has done all it can) you can then dessicate them or alternatively if you are not looking at longer term storage you can probably store them like that for a while. Just make sure you store them with as little oxygen as possible. If they are not fully dry they will decompose though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale