Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFileSoup
What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs
    #1883569 - 09/04/03 11:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,52593,00.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: FileSoup]
    #1883627 - 09/05/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Drug dealers are violent offenders.

Idiotic.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: pattern]
    #1883640 - 09/05/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: pattern]
    #1884177 - 09/05/03 07:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with the guy in the article. Trafficing cocaine, heroine, and meth is a crime. These drugs should never be legal. They cause to much pain, and destroy people's lives.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: shakta]
    #1884192 - 09/05/03 07:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

All drugs should be legal. It's not anyones business what substance any other person puts into their bodies.

What's may be bad for some isn't bad for all.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1884198 - 09/05/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree. The only way I would allow these drugs to be legal, if it were up to me, is if they were given out in a clinical setting. The vast majority of people on heroine for example are not going to be able to lead a decent live. I would say the same with meth for sure. Look, I have been around these people, I used to be one. These drugs ruin your life.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1884212 - 09/05/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here's my story from a post I made back in 11/2001....

"Why did I quit freebasing? Liked it too much. I went through about 30 grand so quick it brings tears to my eyes. Wasn't working or eating. Lost 50 pounds. Was months behind in my payments. Almost lost my house and car. Startied being so paranoid I'd be looking out the window checking for cops between each hit. Friends stopped visiting. Life sucked. Finally during one 3 day binge I thought I was having a heart attack. Pulse was 154. Couldn't stop while I still had some though. Finished it off and never touched it again. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I'd share my last joint with someone I just met, yet I'd kill for the last hit of coke. "

Despite that, I still feel all drugs should be legal. It was a personal failing that brought me to that point, just as it's a personal failing that gets alcoholics to the bottom. Personal failings cannot be legislated against.

It doesn't matter what the product is..... if people want it, and it directly harms no-one but themselves, it should be legal.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1884230 - 09/05/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was in the same boat man, excep I was mainlining meth. My take is it does directly harm the families of the addicts. Wouldn't you agree that these substances are more likely to make an addict out of you than alcohol, and that they are inherently more dangerous?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1884272 - 09/05/03 07:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Nicotine is more addictive than just about any illegal drug, with perhaps a couple exceptions, yet cigarrettes are sold throughout the US, with relatively little violent behavior from addicts. I have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic, and I'm sure his family was harmed by his addiction, but that's their business, not the government's. It should be the same way with other drugs.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1884276 - 09/05/03 07:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

While it can be tough on the families, it's not the drugs that do the harm. It's the failure of the individual.

And whether it's more addictive or not doesn't matter for shit. No-one should be able to tell another what to do or take as long as no direct harm is caused to another. Period.
More dangerous? No. Try telling someone whos family was wiped out by a drunk driver that someone who drinks and drives is less dangerous than someone sitting in a crack house puffing on a rock.

Drug laws, all of them, are bullshit. The only laws as regards to drugs should be selling to minors and driving under the influence.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1884293 - 09/05/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1884294 - 09/05/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
While it can be tough on the families, it's not the drugs that do the harm. It's the failure of the individual.

Abso-fucking-lutely!

Very good point. I also like what you said about "sharing your last joint" but "killing for that last hit of coke". I can relate to that.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: sirreal]
    #1884304 - 09/05/03 08:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You know what. I agree with you. I would say that if the hard drugs were made legal their production should be regulated, so that the product is reliable, and not poisonous. You know what I mean?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1884316 - 09/05/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
You know what. I agree with you. I would say that if the hard drugs were made legal their production should be regulated, so that the product is reliable, and not poisonous. You know what I mean?

If drugs were made legal they would be treated as alcohol is.
Like cigerettes are.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1884324 - 09/05/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I understand your fear, shakta. But the fact is, most drug related crime comes from what the user must do to get the drug because it is illegal.

Dangerous lack of quality comes from the people who handle it.Degrading the purity to make more money.

--------------------
-----------

Edited by sirreal (09/05/03 08:17 AM)

Anonymous

Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: sirreal]
    #1884353 - 09/05/03 08:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

and also... if somebody shafts you in a legal business transaction, you can always take them to court.

if it's drug stuff you gotta cap their ass.

in legal business, getting ahead of the competition means supplying a better product at a lower price, better advertizing, or something like that.

if it's drug stuff it means killin' the other dealers\producers and taking over their turf.

this is all only because the drug market is outlawed.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1884451 - 09/05/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you have to look at the way that the nation(s)
that have legalized have handled it.

they don't just pass heroin out in the streets
to passersby, doling out the harder drugs is
done in a very clinical manner.

I agree meth and crack and all that are bad,
but most of the pain caused by their use
is caused by the very nature of the black
market that they have been relegated to.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1884492 - 09/05/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
I disagree. The only way I would allow these drugs to be legal, if it were up to me, is if they were given out in a clinical setting. The vast majority of people on heroine for example are not going to be able to lead a decent live. I would say the same with meth for sure. Look, I have been around these people, I used to be one. These drugs ruin your life.

I've been around these people too. I've done meth, I've tried crack, I've snorted a few lines of coke, LSD, E, etc., etc. I have never had a problem. I made decisions to not continuously do drugs, I made the decisions not to succumb to peer pressure while being around those who do them, and I can still be around them without fear of being sucked into their lifestyles. I don't look to the state to be my daddy and punish me for hurting myself. If you want freedom, you're going to have to curb your desire to take it from everyone else. If you want freedom, you have to exercise personal responsibility.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: Autonomous]
    #1884501 - 09/05/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. I have changed my stance on this today.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What Bill Orilley says on selling drugs [Re: Autonomous]
    #1884883 - 09/05/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

If you want freedom, you have to exercise personal responsibility.

If only more people lived by those words the world would be a better place.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order