Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18834435 - 09/12/13 09:19 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

I would say it in Italian, but don't speak Italian.

:youseethisshit:

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

Yeah we understand, you are capable of getting blackout drunk, many times, yet will never forgive a friend who threatens you once.

You are frankly someone who I wouldn't want to drink with. 

You seem willing to call someone a loser for losing it even once. 

I should correct myself, I never get blackouts - I meant to say passout as in fall asleep. Even after drinking a 5th to the face I've never yelled at anyone belligerently or attacked someone without good reason.

If I don't like someone I get rid of them, you're going back on ignore for the Italian comment :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18834688 - 09/12/13 10:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:dawerp:

OfflineInTiMiDaToRdInO
D1N0
Male User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: topdog82]
    #18834816 - 09/12/13 10:44 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Not everyone is the same, some people understand that if they are an angry drunk they should stop drinking at a certain point, but some people don't have that kind of responsibility and do as they please.

Drugs can impair people greatly and no matter how much "self control" you think you have people can still act out under a drugs influence

But no one should use "oh I was just fucked up on ___, it's not my fault" as an excuse

--------------------
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.:.TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: InTiMiDaToRdInO]
    #18834847 - 09/12/13 10:51 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

InTiMiDaToRdInO said:
Not everyone is the same, some people understand that if they are an angry drunk they should stop drinking at a certain point, but some people don't have that kind of responsibility and do as they please.

Drugs can impair people greatly and no matter how much "self control" you think you have people can still act out under a drugs influence

But no one should use "oh I was just fucked up on ___, it's not my fault" as an excuse

some may be too drunk to realize how drunk they are

OfflineInTiMiDaToRdInO
D1N0
Male User Gallery

Loc: US Flag
    #18834917 - 09/12/13 11:05 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Exactly my point, I've had people wanna get physical bc they thought they were sober enough to do something but they couldn't stand straight!

--------------------
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.:.TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18838948 - 09/13/13 09:28 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

I would say it in Italian, but don't speak Italian.

:youseethisshit:

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

Yeah we understand, you are capable of getting blackout drunk, many times, yet will never forgive a friend who threatens you once.

You are frankly someone who I wouldn't want to drink with. 

You seem willing to call someone a loser for losing it even once. 

I should correct myself, I never get blackouts - I meant to say passout as in fall asleep. Even after drinking a 5th to the face I've never yelled at anyone belligerently or attacked someone without good reason.

If I don't like someone I get rid of them, you're going back on ignore for the Italian comment :shrug:

You "get rid of them"?  See what I mean?  I should have wopped you upside your head when I had the chance Guido.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
Re: How to deal with a drunk/angry person? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18844668 - 09/15/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

One of the reasons I hate drinking with people is because at some point during the night someone can't seem to handle their shit.

This is why I always bring weed with me whenever I go drink with people. People start getting angry and emotional and shit and I say "smoke this motherfucker". And usually they end up chilling out pretty damn quick. I dont mind smoking someone else up, even if I dont like them just so they won't ruin my night.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necoc Yaotl
    #18845262 - 09/15/13 04:35 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like your friend has some internal issues to work through.

I've never quite understood why people act out on alcohol, it's not something I can relate to. I've been involved with violence a few times while drunk. 
It was always some other witless drunk, belligerent bastard(s).
The last time was a bar fight that I got pulled into for trying to break it up. It was fucking absurd, drunk idiots coming out of no-where throwing punches.

I personally attribute people acting like that while drunk to a level of incognizance that permeates their sober mind as well.
I also recall reading in this fat psychopharmacology book a buddy has that such behavior has been found to be culturally relevant to a degree larger than you would imagine.

A few years back, a close buddy of mine was going through an almost divorce. :rolleyes:
We went camping to take his mind off shit and brought alcohol.
Whilst buying it, I looked him dead in the eyes and said, "You want to drink, but if I buy this, you need to promise me not to project all this shit onto me." Got the spiel, OH YA YA, BLAH BLAH BLAH"
Sure shit, midnightish rolls around and he takes something I say RADICALLY out of context and stands up and starts to shout 'YOU THINK YOU'RE SUPERIOR TO ME!?" Over and over. I could tell he wanted to try and fight me but knew it wouldn't end well.
Long story short, I confiscated all sharp objects and cleaned the wounds he acquired through his tantrum. He didn't say a word to me the next morning, let alone apologize.

I didn't take it personally, as in the end, that kind of shit has way more to do with the person acting out than it does the other.
I just find it weak to find a convenient excuse in which to project your issues onto others instead of manning or womaning up and taking the time to look inside and sort it out.

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds