Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: just found this... [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1894014 - 09/08/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Give me a damn break. It is repeated here so often, that I have lost count. His statement is wrong. Bush never claimed there was an imminent threat WMD or otherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: just found this... [Re: shakta]
    #1894063 - 09/08/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

why don't you give me some examples. I'm not arguing. I just want to see if indeed anyone claimed that Bush called Iraq an imminent threat.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894075 - 09/08/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here is one of many. It is only two threads down.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...part=3&vc=1

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1894090 - 09/08/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yeah I followed that thread. I still don't see where anyone claimed that Bush called Iraq an imminent threat.

wanna try another one? since there are so many.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894106 - 09/08/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No I don't. Do a search or something. In that thread, Uno said

Quote:

Remember the term "imminent threat"?

To me he was refering to the supposed argument that Iraq was an imminent threat, and that was a reason we went to war. As here I pointed out that the US never said he was. Even the media reports that Bush said Saddam was an imminent threat, when this is simply not true.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1894127 - 09/08/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bush never claimed there was an imminent threat WMD or otherwise.

So what do you call saying he could have a nuclear bomb within 6 months?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: just found this... [Re: Xlea321]
    #1894137 - 09/08/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There is a difference between 'could' and 'will', don't you think? He could have had a bomb in six months. Maybe the Koreans were going to give him one. I don't know. The point is again, that Bush never claimed that Saddam was an imminent threat, and the fact that he said exactly the opposite.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1894149 - 09/08/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
why don't you give me some examples. I'm not arguing. I just want to see if indeed anyone claimed that Bush called Iraq an imminent threat.

"Not really. The reason the war had to happen now and not before the UN inspectors had carried out weapons inspections was because Bush proclaimed Iraq was an "imminent and serious threat" because of WMD. " - Alex123
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

"Bush made endless claims along with his pro-war buddies that Iraq was a direct and imminent threat " - SlapNutRob
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post1691375

There's two but with a little bit of looking you'll find more.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1894165 - 09/08/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The point is again, that Bush never claimed that Saddam was an imminent threat, and the fact that he said exactly the opposite.

Where did he say this?

Why didn't he let the UN weapons inspectors stay for another year if there was no threat?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: just found this... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1894174 - 09/08/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Spent most of our time talking about a serious threat to the United States, a serious threat to the world, and that's Saddam Hussein.

One of the things I made very clear to the members here is that doing nothing about that serious threat is not an option for the United States.

Saddam Hussein is a serious threat

- George Bush Sep 5 2002

http://usinfo.state.gov/regional/nea/iraq/text/0904bush.htm

President Bush, in a sober but chilling address, warned the public tonight that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein is ?a murderous tyrant? who poses an immediate threat to the United States and American lives.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V122/N46/bush__iraq.46w.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1894187 - 09/08/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OK, so I read your quotes and your link.

Where does it say Bush claimed Iraq was an "imminent threat?" (and not the reporters opinion, a direct quote please)

Come on.... you can say the words....
"He didn't, I was wrong"

You can say them..... but I'll be surprised if you do.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1894200 - 09/08/03 12:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"No terrorist state poses a greater and more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq," Mr Rumsfeld said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2266932.stm

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1894206 - 09/08/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Did you somehow miss the word "Bush" or are you being deliberately disingenuous again?

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894207 - 09/08/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Spent most of our time talking about a serious threat to the United States, a serious threat to the world, and that's Saddam Hussein.

One of the things I made very clear to the members here is that doing nothing about that serious threat is not an option for the United States.

Saddam Hussein is a serious threat

- George Bush Sep 5 2002

http://usinfo.state.gov/regional/nea/iraq/text/0904bush.htm

Surely you recognize the difference between a serious threat and an imminent one. If not, that is your problem.

Quote:

President Bush, in a sober but chilling address, warned the public tonight that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein is ?a murderous tyrant? who poses an immediate threat to the United States and American lives.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V122/N46/bush__iraq.46w.html

That link is bogus. They are claiming Bush said there was an immediate threat, yet they don't quote him saying it. The part were he said it wasn't is conveniently removed in a later quote.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1894211 - 09/08/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
"No terrorist state poses a greater and more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq," Mr Rumsfeld said.

Funny thing.... here....
"Not really. The reason the war had to happen now and not before the UN inspectors had carried out weapons inspections was because Bush proclaimed Iraq was an "imminent and serious threat" because of WMD. "....
you claim Bush said it. Now it was Rumsfielf. Who are you going to claim said it tomorrow?

Come on, admit you were wrong and move on.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1894214 - 09/08/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

here's a little tip for you two.

it's possible to make the case that Iraq is an imminent threat without actually using those words, which is exactly what happened.

read Bush's quotes here in chronological order:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/06/06/findlaw.analysis.dean.wmd/index.html

he doesn't ever use the words "imminent threat" but he certainly is making that case. there are more quotes of course. in every speech he is making the case that Iraq is an imminent threat. this is pretty obvious. why are you denying that Iraq was portrayed as an imminent threat? I don't get it, since it was the neocons who were portraying Iraq that way just a few months ago. do I have to dig up those old threads?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894215 - 09/08/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

Yes, they believed no other state posed as big a threat as Iraq. That still does not show that Bush said there was an immminent threat. The key here is Rumsfeld said there is not a more immediate threat.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1894219 - 09/08/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1894222 - 09/08/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

In his Oct 7 speech in Cincinnati, Mr Bush said Iraq posed an immediate threat to the United States, partly because of the ties he said it had to Al Qaeda, blamed for the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

http://www.dawn.com/2003/06/23/top15.htm

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1894226 - 09/08/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Dig up all the threads you want, the fact still remains that Bush clearly stated in the SOTU address that Saddam must be dealt with before he became an imminent threat. This is the only time that I have seen that he said the words 'imminent threat'.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom