Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineParpas
grower

Loc: sweden
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: koraks]
    #1881076 - 09/04/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

realy? do just fresh mushrooms react this way or does dried also?

--------------------
Its all in your mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: shakta]
    #1881239 - 09/04/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No, but mixing them with dairy definitely does.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: shakta]
    #1881327 - 09/04/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well, I know if I fast first, and chew them slowly (plain) I have a level 4 or 5 trip. When I've had them in choc, etc they pretty much suck.
When you buy them in the smart shops in Amsterdam one of the things they'll tell you is to eat something sweet if you want your trip to end or lessen. I don't go through all the trouble of growing for a weak trip or to use twice as much. It's just my opinion and much respect to you to do what you wish with yours...

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

Offlinecyndyl
mycologist wannabe
Female

Loc: far away from home
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: BatFly]
    #1881336 - 09/04/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Batfly,
Now that sounds like a good alternative. mixed with a small amount of liquid wouldn't be bad!

--------------------

There's no such thing as a stupid question,
but they're the easiest to answer!

OfflineParpas
grower

Loc: sweden
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: cyndyl]
    #1881430 - 09/04/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

cyndyl, hehe iv also read that when in amsterdam, but it sayed "eat some orange or drink orange juice and or some c-vitamin, but i think thats bullshit, i always eat sweets and drink coca cola wile tripping, and iv eaten a few oranges wile tripping to, i diddent notice any effektchange.

i think that just write that for the mental thing, "im coming down now" is much better then "this will never end" wile tripping and your not feeling so good.

--------------------
Its all in your mind

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: cyndyl]
    #1881456 - 09/04/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cyndyl said:
I agree. Fresh taste so much better than dry. Of course drying has its purpose - storing the ones you can't eat but the original posting is ligit. They taste awful dry and mixing them with sweets dimishes their affects.

If you think sweets diminish the effects try this. A FOAF dried some shrooms in salt and I mean he just put them right on the salt. Well, the salt stuck right to them with no way of coming off. He ate them and could not taste a thing but salt.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1881551 - 09/04/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The salt taste would be worse than the shroom taste IMO. I do the OJ thing myself.

Offlinesroc
connect the dots

Loc: on paper
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: mrhabebe]
    #1881642 - 09/04/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This should work. Maybe put them in the freezer vacuum sealed. I have a vacuum sealer and it does a terrific job of keeping items fresh for a long time due to the fact that it removes virtually all the oxygen.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: sroc]
    #1881812 - 09/04/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I too like the OJ method better, but cyndal said that for some reason sweets take something away from their experience. I use OJ concentrate instead of regular OJ.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineWhiteWidow420
Male
Loc: CANADA
    #15414972 - 11/23/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This Post was asking how to STORE wet mushrooms not how to EAT fresh mushrooms. i still don't even think there has been a legit answer too this. Its just random posts about shit i didn't even need to read. Now can somebody please answer the question? i will be receiving wet or fresh mushrooms as i please and I've been told that a lot of the Psilocin in mushrooms is lost when drying, so id like to try out wet mush. Can i possibly Throw them in a jar and put them in the fridge for about 4 days or how can i store them efficiently and without me going to the store and buying a vacuum sealer. (as i am poor as fuck).

Also, If i just put them in a jar and stored them at room temp What would happen to the mush after a couple days?

--------------------
"Don't Forget To Bring  A Towel!"

Offlineeasybacon
amature chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: WhiteWidow420] * 1
    #15415098 - 11/23/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Its 8 years old but your right. First freezing fresh wet mushrooms is a very bad idea,vacuum sealed or not. Freezing temperatures causes jagged ice crystals to form inside the mushroom's cell tissue. The cells burst and upon thawing you get soggy mushroom mush.You think dried mushrooms suck... try choking down soggy mushroom rot. Honey works. It kind of mummifies them but it leches some of the psilocybin out of them.Drying is so much easier.

--------------------
There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die. -Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineTheHighestCrew
Stranger
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: easybacon]
    #15420595 - 11/25/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

easybacon said:
Its 8 years old but your right

lol! :grin:

OfflineCircleofFifths
Can I has a mushy?

Loc: Right behind YOU!!!
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: BatFly]
    #15420837 - 11/25/11 05:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BatFly said:
dry them, grind them into a powder, the pour about 3.5 grams into a cup of orange juice, stir and chug.  you'll barley if not at all notice the taste or that you are even taking shrooms.  onset in 10 - 15 minutes compared to 30 min - 1 hour eating fresh.

This works great. Add a little lemon and lime to the oj and your set. It tastes like a fruit drink that kicks your ass a few minutes later.

Offlinechronicdruid
Stranger

#15421041 - 11/25/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
Quote:

cyndyl said:
I agree.  Fresh taste so much better than dry.  Of course drying has its purpose - storing the ones you can't eat but the original posting is ligit.  They taste awful dry and mixing them with sweets dimishes their affects. 

If you think sweets diminish the effects try this. A FOAF dried some shrooms in salt and I mean he just put them right on the salt. Well, the salt stuck right to them with no way of coming off. He ate them and could not taste a thing but salt. 

this is funny. reminds me of when i was round a friends house making up some mushroom tea, he had a funny looking sugar pot with a miniature trowel in it... i poured in 3 trowel  ( 6 teaspoons) full into my cup before someone came in and said you do know that's salt!!!

FML i had to force myself to down in and not chuck it back up straight away :S to everyone else's amusement grrrrrrrrrr. still tripped, but I'll never make that mistake again!

Invisiblecozc
Stranger

Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: chronicdruid]
    #15421299 - 11/25/11 09:57 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I made tea out of fresh mushrooms one time. let it set in the fridge before drinking it a month later i still tripped fine

--------------------
  <--- good day :mushroom2:

Offlinegrowchow
Stranger
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: cozc]
    #15426691 - 11/26/11 02:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

To answer the OP:
Freeze fresh mushrooms in ziploc bag.
Eat soon after thawing.
Definitely "gross" but if they are still icy cold and swallowed down with some beer, no prob.

That's what we used to do with Liberty Caps, anyway.

OfflineHydra45
-
Re: any teks to preserve wet MUShROOMS? [Re: growchow]
    #15429259 - 11/27/11 05:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What if you made tea out of the fresh mushrooms? Would the tea keep longer than just the fruits? I imagine you could just put the tea in the fridge.....?

--------------------
--> Super Simple BULK CAKES <--

Watch this video. Ron Paul 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0GZznxMC14

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates