Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
First Pinset! But on sides?
    #1881604 - 09/04/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My buddy just got his first few pins on his casing, they look gorgeous.

But all the pins, about 3 regions, formed on the side of the casing, not through the top layer of casing. Is this just how it is? or is there some explanation or hypothesis of why this might be?
He said he saw the first pins squeezed up against the side of the case, so i watched him remove it from the plastic bin it was in.
It looked like he made sure to put tape over the sides so no light would get in, but It might've too late, and he used masking tape which might've not done the trick.

the temp is pretty constant at 80, I'm assuming that's cool for fruiting.

But the RH stays around 90. Is this too high for fruiting? Inducing pinset it's ok, but if he Really needs to, what is an easy way of lowering it?
The way he usually has been doing it is replacing wet perlite with dry...

These are Lipa Yai's right now. My buddy inoculated Equadorians as well at the same time, but they haven't even fully colonized the jars yet! Overall, it's been +32 days since inoculation.

My last question, the tub is sitting in ambient light most of the day, but obv not at night. Should i tell my friend to cut down the amount of light, maybe covering the glass top for all but an hour or two during the day?

Thanks !

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Pinset! But on sides? [Re: Blastrid]
    #1881696 - 09/04/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There?s nothing wrong with taking it out of the container. I myself have never been able to figure out why people keep them in the container when all I?ve been able to find is much higher flushes out of the container.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineAerzun
journeyman

Re: First Pinset! But on sides? [Re: Magash]
    #1882118 - 09/04/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Lol Magash you use those ziplock containers too?

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Pinset! But on sides? [Re: Aerzun]
    #1882585 - 09/04/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, you busted me. I love those things.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: First Pinset! But on sides? [Re: Magash]
    #1883723 - 09/05/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Everything sounds good with your setup. Usually the casing is more moist on the sides, so if the top is too dry, pins will form there. You may want to check the top of your casing and give it a good misting if it seems a little dry.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix