Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

Loc: Observable universe
baeos and blue ringers (WA)
    #18816570 - 09/08/13 08:14 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

well every year i get anxious and impatient to start hunting this close to actives season. My hours of walking around this past week paid off a little today!

Found a nice little baeo patch

two tiny ringers

on side note... chanterelles are going crazy right now. I picked about 4 lbs in two hours the other day.

--------------------
Slayer of robot dinosaurs in a futuristic landscape

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Topcorn]
    #18816586 - 09/08/13 08:18 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Wut tha fuq?

--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Ganzig]
    #18816626 - 09/08/13 08:26 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Nice nice  :raveface:

--------------------
http://

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: sporeRider]
    #18816999 - 09/08/13 10:03 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Beautiful baeocystis! :congrats:
You could start an "official PNW fall 2013 magic mushroom thread" if you'd like, no one will mind I'm sure.
excellent early season find, very cool man.
I'm excited for the rains and cool weather, hopefully this year makes up for last season.

:aweyeah:

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #18817006 - 09/08/13 10:05 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

One already exists yo.

2013 PNW actives thread

I think it is Official. Haha

In fact, you were the first person to comment in it Maynard!
I think it was titled something else when you commented in it though.:grin:

--------------------

Edited by Ganzig (09/08/13 10:07 PM)

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18817020 - 09/08/13 10:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well I mean one for this fall, that was this springs thread.
In a few years If I want to find out when the Psilocybe season started in 2013, it would be very handy to have all of that information organized and in one place. Just a suggestion, no one has to do anything they don't want just because I asked them to.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#18817089 - 09/08/13 10:40 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:douchewink:

--------------------

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #18826376 - 09/11/13 03:03 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Damb nice finds man! I envy WA sometimes!!

--------------------

Offlineambc
mycominded
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Identifier
    #18826410 - 09/11/13 03:34 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You had a bad season for actives last year? I know it was bad for edibles but I had a great season for actives last year. Even without a car.

I hope anyone with a bad year last year makes up for it this year though!

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: ambc]
    #18826888 - 09/11/13 08:27 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

yes stunzii are out, as well as fibs according to two witnesses. I need to get out to seattle and hunt!

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Joust]
    #18827119 - 09/11/13 09:59 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Im not going to lie, i was looking over your photos to try and find things that indicate these pictures were taken last year. Could you take a pic of a current ish newspaper with the mushies. I have never heard of Baeo's being out this early, like a month and a half early for most, especially considering no one has seen any cyans yet, cuz they pop for sure. Im not trying to be that guy, but damn this would be very very interesting to me if it holds true. No offense, i just never believe anyone Hah, lately ive been proven wrong about suspicions (good thing) .:super:
If you are willing to send me a sample of the baeo find, that would be awesome, id be nice to have one again for micro since i sent last years to the czech R.

--------------------

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

Offlineloco801
The lone ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Washington
    #18827700 - 09/11/13 12:59 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Very nice Topcorn! I was wondering when someone would find the first fall magics as last year the fall thread started earlier. I may have to go check some spots in a week or two.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Species found::mushroom2:
P. azurescens
P. cyanescens
P. semilanceata
P. pelliculosa
P. stuntzii
G. luteofolius
Pan. cinctulus

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18830787 - 09/12/13 12:13 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Im not going to lie, i was looking over your photos to try and find things that indicate these pictures were taken last year. Could you take a pic of a current ish newspaper with the mushies. I have never heard of Baeo's being out this early, like a month and a half early for most, especially considering no one has seen any cyans yet, cuz they pop for sure. Im not trying to be that guy, but damn this would be very very interesting to me if it holds true. No offense, i just never believe anyone Hah, lately ive been proven wrong about suspicions (good thing) .:super:
If you are willing to send me a sample of the baeo find, that would be awesome, id be nice to have one again for micro since i sent last years to the czech R.

to lie about finding mushrooms to people on the internet i dont know is pretty pointless, I find your comment silly and uninformed. Also Im not sure why this would be so hard to believe with all the rain washington has had throughout august. It makes sense to me that with the huge number of "strains" possible in a mycelial mass that some are going to be triggered into fruiting outside the parameters necessary for the majority. think about the off years where its too hot/dry or whatever for too long and fruiting is hampered or delayed. While the season may suck for most of us there are always a few patches that for whatever reason are able to fruit while the conditions aren't met for the majority of fungus strains.

in my experience baeos come out before cyanescens, about when blue ringers start. These are the fist baeos I ever collected and it  was in late Agust a few years ago. they were growing in lawns near blue ringers

I've also found cyanescens in late June!

as well as middle of september
cyanescens are capable of fruiting in september, i find a few every year and usually post em here too, they're just few and far between.

--------------------

Edited by Topcorn (09/12/13 12:17 AM)

Offlineambc
mycominded

Trusted Identifier
    #18831053 - 09/12/13 02:27 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think your late June cyanescens are probably P. ovoideocystidiata, ovoids are the only actives I've seen the caps get super dry and dark like that. I've even seen the whole fruiting bodies fully dry up on the ground and and then rehydrate, that's why they get the split caps like Agrocybes. I have picked cyans in mid September too, last year actually but I have a hard believing they'd fruit in June. June is usually pretty prime for ovoids though, at least in Portland.

--------------------

Offlineambc
mycominded

Trusted Identifier
    #18831059 - 09/12/13 02:32 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

In fact I think your mid Sept. ones could be ovoids too, becase of how the caps are splitting, and just that they are growing at all when it's that dry.

I wouldn't mind seeing proof of date on those beaos tho also. I don't know why anyone would lie to people on here, but it does happen. There was alot of rain in Aug and even early sept. but it's been warm and dry for almost 2 weeks now.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18831673 - 09/12/13 09:06 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Topcorn said:
Quote:

Joust said:

to lie about finding mushrooms to people on the internet i dont know is pretty pointless, I find your comment silly and uninformed. Also Im not sure why this would be so hard to believe with all the rain washington has had throughout august. It makes sense to me that with the huge number of "strains" possible in a mycelial mass that some are going to be triggered into fruiting outside the parameters necessary for the majority. think about the off years where its too hot/dry or whatever for too long and fruiting is hampered or delayed. While the season may suck for most of us there are always a few patches that for whatever reason are able to fruit while the conditions aren't met for the majority of fungus strains.

in my experience baeos come out before cyanescens, about when blue ringers start. These are the fist baeos I ever collected and it  was in late Agust a few years ago. they were growing in lawns near blue ringers

I've also found cyanescens in late June!

as well as middle of september
cyanescens are capable of fruiting in september, i find a few every year and usually post em here too, they're just few and far between.

why would someone mislead, i dont know, fame glory, respect :lol: seen it before a few times, people are odd. Thats a really neat find! baeos in august!? i will have to start looking around, sorry if i came off rude or offensive, its pretty wild to see them out this early for me. You just got me excited thats all,  that taxonomy shot with the baeos are prime.  As far as the others, im not seeing a ring, cyans would be interesting at that time, if i remember right someone found some out of season. Cool stuff, if you could i would go back to that spot and check this fall for rings on the cyans.

--------------------

OfflineNWmush
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#18832057 - 09/12/13 11:16 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, so I recently started work on a blue berry farm. Yesterday I was out there with my co worker going down the rows, and he called me over to take a look at some mushrooms, so I ran over and sure enough there was a patch of small sized cyanescens. Some of the caps were over lapping leaving that nice purple spore print. What surprised me was how hot it was yesterday it must have hit about 90 here in western WA, yet there they were:) I didn't get a chance to snap a picture as I don't take my phone onto the field, but I will try to get some before they dry out to much and post them, but anyway get out there and look guys because you never know :laugh:

Offlineambc
mycominded

Trusted Identifier
    #18832070 - 09/12/13 11:20 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

The ring can rub or wash off of P. ovoideocystidiata very easily, or just be nearly non existent in the first place. I particularly seem to see them have little to no remaining ring in dry conditions.

--------------------

Offlineambc
mycominded

Trusted Identifier
    #18832137 - 09/12/13 11:37 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I also think the stems are too chunky for cyanescens, especially in the ones in situ.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18832183 - 09/12/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ambc said:
I also think the stems are too chunky for cyanescens, especially in the ones in situ.

Id say they are in range for cyans if they were growing that time of year. Honestly i think they are probably ovoids, but op says they were cyans, and i dont see any rings, they do wash off, but on all? the pictures are blurry and the specimens are old. Micro would have been awesome. Im thinking that they are probably "fighting for their life"ovoids, they look destroyed..

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18832378 - 09/12/13 01:02 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

here are more of the september cyans from a couple years ago, i see no rings

same patch, about a month after i found the crusty ones

I picked a good amount from this patch for the last two seasons. never found any rings on stems and never saw the distinct olive green/blue/brown caps on developing pins that ovoids often show.

I found one ovoid last fall. it was haggered and the ring wasn't clear but it looked different from a typical cyan. I went back to that same spot this spring and found a small cluster of obvious ovoids. they all had rings and the developing caps had the distinct green-blue coloring. Pic is on my girls phone, ill try and upload it later.

As for the summer cyans I could see them being ovoids. I only collected from that patch one or two times during season and didn't take many pics. These are from that same patch that fruited in summer or right near by em. The thing about this area is it has many active species that all coexist with each other. I find baeos, cyans, blue ringers, cyanfibs(?) and possibly ovoids if thats what these are growing sometimes side by side. I believe they all came in with the mulch used here, its that finely ground dark colored wood substrate that looks like dirt at first.

Crappy cell pic but i might see ring on a few here. they dont have the ovoid color on the pins though.

these are the cyanfibs(?)

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #18832632 - 09/12/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

What about P. alenii? That last photo is insane. I don't know what those are but if they are cyanofibs, congrats. They look awesome.

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Hashfinger]
    #18832877 - 09/12/13 03:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
What about P. alenii? That last photo is insane. I don't know what those are but if they are cyanofibs, congrats. They look awesome.

that also came to mind when i found em. I believe I have found one definite specimen of P. alleni two falls ago, it was similar to a cyan but distinctly different and bruised blue heavily.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18832905 - 09/12/13 03:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Topcorn said:
Quote:

Hashfinger said:

that also came to mind when i found em. I believe I have found one definite specimen of P. alleni two falls ago, it was similar to a cyan but distinctly different and bruised blue heavily.

I always thought P. alenii were the "not-so-wavy caps".

--------------------
Species List (Georgia): Psilocybe caerulescens/weilii, Psilocybe atlantis/galindoi, Psilocybe cubensis, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe fagicola, Copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus cinctulus, Panaeolus fimicola, Panaeolus olivaceus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus, Gymnopilus junonius, Pluteus salicinus

(Ohio): Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe caerulipes, Pluteus cyanopus, Pluteus salicinus sensu lato..., Panaeolus cinctulus, Gymnopilus luteus, Gymnopilus luteofolius, Gymnopilus junonius, Gymnopilus aeruginosus

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
    #18833027 - 09/12/13 03:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Those are some beautiful finds there Topcorn. :bow2:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #18833114 - 09/12/13 04:11 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Ovoids, you can see the rings

Maybe cyanofibrillosa, id like to see micro for it.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18833122 - 09/12/13 04:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Those are some beautiful finds there Topcorn. :bow2:

Yes! i cant wait to see what you come up with this fall! :congrats:

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #18833141 - 09/12/13 04:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Those last ones are really weird. If you happened to find them again please send a few to someone who has a microscope.
Beautiful clusters man! :congrats:

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18833150 - 09/12/13 04:19 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:

Ovoids, you can see the rings

Maybe cyanofibrillosa, id like to see micro for it.

Wait, are there rings on the very bottom part of the stems in the last photo? Could those too be ovoideocystidiata? I feel like I can discern a darker blue area below, and a lighter area above an annular zone.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18833176 - 09/12/13 04:26 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

no way you would notice the rings way more i think, although whats awesome about mushrooms are im never right, look at the dubious one in the very right corner, that looks like a veil...

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18833297 - 09/12/13 04:55 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

The size and habitat of them (the last ones) makes me think that they could be stuntzii with the annulus worn off. Just a wild guess.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18833320 - 09/12/13 05:01 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
The size and habitat of them (the last ones) makes me think that they could be stuntzii with the annulus worn off. Just a wild guess.

DOOD I was just gonna say that, but then again, aren't stuntzii kind of wavy like cyans?

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18833331 - 09/12/13 05:05 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Oh they're totally blue ringers...
This video shows a lot of them in different phases of growth.

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18833441 - 09/12/13 05:36 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I have never come across a patch of blue ringers where all the mushrooms were missing their annulus! Even old nasty stuntzii i find have at least an indication of the ring. Also i have never seen stuntzii blue completely like the ones in this pic.

here is one next to a baeo. This spot is near where i found the baeos the other day, i checked it out that day but didn't see any signs of them returning.

You can see a few mature ones with flat or upturned caps still have prominant annulus, this is what blue ringers always look like IME.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18833449 - 09/12/13 05:39 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Topcorn said:

I don't even think that mushroom on the left is a Psilocybe.

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18833471 - 09/12/13 05:48 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I bet those are an active Pluteus species, did you make print when you found them?

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18833524 - 09/12/13 05:57 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

im so confused now
Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Quote:

Topcorn said:

this one looks like a Russula?

im confused as to which collections are which and when these were made.
Also found out that Paul staments found baeos as early as "june 20"

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18833529 - 09/12/13 05:58 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Quote:

Topcorn said:

lol ok dude. baeos are about the easiest active to identify if you ask me. They are always ugly and almost always bluing at least a little. This is photo has some glare but if you look at the top of the baeo cap you can see some bluing, also there are two baeo pins still growing to the left of the picked mushrooms.

was looking at my saved pics on this forum and found this one, same patch as the cyanfib/allenii, the pins make me think its allenii.

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18833583 - 09/12/13 06:10 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think the glare is throwing you guys off. Aren't russula typically much bigger than this with thick stems? these were 1-2" tall max.

I should be more clear. Only the mushrooms pictured in my first post on this thread are from this year. Most of these pics are from the last three seasons.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18833608 - 09/12/13 06:15 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Ha I wasn't saying I thought the baeo wasn't a psilocybe, I said the mushroom on the left. The mushroom on the right is CLEARLY a psilocybe, but the one on the left not so much.

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18833774 - 09/12/13 06:56 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I am convinced that Washington state is a magical place, it's like the epicenter for cool west-coast mushrooms.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18834010 - 09/12/13 07:52 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
Ha I wasn't saying I thought the baeo wasn't a psilocybe, I said the mushroom on the left. The mushroom on the right is CLEARLY a psilocybe, but the one on the left not so much.

my bad sorry.

these pics are the same patch from 2011.

the two off to the side on the left are from the patch in the above pics. the rest are baeos

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18834058 - 09/12/13 08:02 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

How big were those?
I'm wondering if they are some of Neosporen's Psilocybe serbica :shrug:
They look really weird, I don't know what the hell they are.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18834117 - 09/12/13 08:13 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
How big were those?

They are not, only place he has em is not what it looks like in these pics.

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18834138 - 09/12/13 08:16 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
How big were those?

They are not, only place he has em is not what it looks like in these pics.

O okay, I thought he had impregnated most the state, well a lot of the area around Seattle.
What species do you think these are? They look to small for allenii, cyanofibrillosa is not usually umbonate and the margin isn't normally in-rolled...

Edited by maynardjameskeenan (09/12/13 08:28 PM)

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18834240 - 09/12/13 08:34 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

these maynard?
Id say P. cyanofibrillosa
its all speculation until Op gets some more fruits.

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18834245 - 09/12/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

these.

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18834252 - 09/12/13 08:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

weird baeos, or fibs... only options id go with the latter..

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18836241 - 09/13/13 09:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Considering the nice amount of info going out here and speculation id love to throw a question out there that has been bothering me. Stamets, 1996 says Baeos occur on douglas fir cones. That is the most prolific tree here, and i have yet to see any sort of action from baeos over here especially on fir cones, which would be just about the most badass thing ever.

Neo needs to come back already and answer my questions :oldman: :robawet:

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18836274 - 09/13/13 10:07 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Since we are also talking about fibs, bush lupines in flood plains on river estuaries flowing into the pacific ocean seems to be the natural habitat for this species. Im considering check flood plains that are flowing to the puget sound for this species. I dont recall seeing any bush lupins around though...

Anyone with experience there?

--------------------

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
    #18836603 - 09/13/13 11:45 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I am certain those are baeos.

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #18836832 - 09/13/13 12:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Since we are also talking about fibs, bush lupines in flood plains on river estuaries flowing into the pacific ocean seems to be the natural habitat for this species. Im considering check flood plains that are flowing to the puget sound for this species. I dont recall seeing any bush lupins around though...

I'm pretty sure this is another of stamets errors.

Joust I wonder why you would question topcorn on his find. He has shown many good finds over the years. Septembrr isnt all that early and WA doesnt have the same limitations as other places  it seems. I'm sure you've seen me state how jealous I am at times watching WA blow up with stuff while I see nothing up here.

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #18837388 - 09/13/13 03:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

^^ thanks man, such kind words! You are right about puget sound, there are a million micro-climates in this part of the state, one to suit every species.

Joust: I have never seen baeos grow out of cones, but I have found cyans growing attached directly to douglas fir cones as well as old blackberry canes and the cut end of a 2x4.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #18837568 - 09/13/13 04:12 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
Quote:

Joust said:

I'm pretty sure this is another of stamets errors.

Joust I wonder why you would question topcorn on his find. He has shown many good finds over the years. Septembrr isnt all that early and WA doesnt have the same limitations as other places  it seems. I'm sure you've seen me state how jealous I am at times watching WA blow up with stuff while I see nothing up here.

Why would i question his find, because I am an ass hole at 7:30 in the morning, and wrong to say such things, sorry mate... :heart:
. I was called out one time on my september cyans so i took an extra pic with a newspaper, didnt think much of it.  i guess i just want MOAR PICS:feelingfeisty:

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#18837694 - 09/13/13 04:45 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Its for :havesomescience:.

I feel ya Joust.

--------------------

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18840587 - 09/14/13 10:17 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I vote they are cyanofibs. :getstoned:

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18860058 - 09/18/13 08:01 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

visited some old patches yesterday and today. Found this one in bham

for the nonbelievers

another old patch, growing by the entrance to a gym

these were growing right off a sidewalk and get stepped on frequently

this is the patch from the start of this thread, i rarely find baeos with such flat caps

anybody have tips on getting prints from these? I barely ever get em to drop visible spore deposits.

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18860113 - 09/18/13 08:12 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Fucking beautiful baeos! :awedance:
What kind of habitat do you normally look in?

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineRiparianZoneJunky
hunter/gatherer
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #18860115 - 09/18/13 08:13 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Quote:

ambc said:

Id say they are in range for cyans if they were growing that time of year. Honestly i think they are probably ovoids, but op says they were cyans, and i dont see any rings, they do wash off, but on all? the pictures are blurry and the specimens are old. Micro would have been awesome. Im thinking that they are probably "fighting for their life"ovoids, they look destroyed..

Baeos. :homerdrool:

Good chance those cyans are ovoids, the ring isn't always super obvious. 

EDIT
The later shots are definitely cyans.  Ovoids do not have that dark caramel to reddish brown cap, they are more straw colored to olive tinged, the first pic is iffy, if it's the from the same patch the just light cyans, if a different location ovoids are an option.  They're not picky fruiters in terms of time of year. 

--------------------
RZJ's Tea Tek
RZJ's Tradelist

Edited by RiparianZoneJunky (09/18/13 08:30 PM)

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18860191 - 09/18/13 08:30 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
Fucking beautiful baeos! :awedance:
What kind of habitat do you normally look in?

Typically I find em in landscaped areas with dark decomposed woody/bark mulch. This early in the season its all about looking on the north side of buildings/trees, in the shade around and under bushes. My first experience finding them was in lawns sometimes side by side with blue ringers. They always seem to be growing near other Psilocybe species.

--------------------

Offlineambc
mycominded

Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: RiparianZoneJunky]
    #18860240 - 09/18/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EDIT
The later shots are definitely cyans.  Ovoids do not have that dark caramel to reddish brown cap, they are more straw colored to olive tinged, the first pic is iffy, if it's the from the same patch the just light cyans, if a different location ovoids are an option.  They're not picky fruiters in terms of time of year.

This pic quoted in this post for sure ovoids, you can see rings on some of them. If you mean the third from the last pic topcorn posted I agree those younger fruits are very red for ovoids and are probably cyans.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18860340 - 09/18/13 09:08 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

YES!!! freaking fantastic cant wait till i move up next week, Baeos are awesome, i hope to find some this year! And damn
You spent 250$ on fish soup? :lmafo: ( fish supplies, got it, but i thought it was funny while looking. Great job man, i was way wrong :bow2: Glad i was! i saw a meme ( icant find it now) and thought of this thread though Hahah
it pretty much showed the rabbit from doug ( i think) saying who would go on the internet and tell lies! lol

--------------------

OfflineRiparianZoneJunky
hunter/gatherer
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #18860384 - 09/18/13 09:15 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ambc said:
Quote:

EDIT

This pic quoted in this post for sure ovoids, you can see rings on some of them. If you mean the third from the last pic topcorn posted I agree those younger fruits are very red for ovoids and are probably cyans.

The pic in that post was mine as an illustration of ovoids, I think his Sept. cyans are probably just unhappy, dried out cyans that got rained on after drying and turned green, like you said the red in the cap points to cyans.  :lol:  Sorry for the confusion.

--------------------
RZJ's Tea Tek
RZJ's Tradelist

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: RiparianZoneJunky]
    #18860610 - 09/18/13 09:58 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

here it is. My defense :thumbup::lol:

--------------------

The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18860620 - 09/18/13 10:00 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

:oldman2:

--------------------
May you be well.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#18861008 - 09/18/13 11:30 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

That is some expensive fish soup.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18861072 - 09/18/13 11:51 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/13-38/955500100-thumb_9-18-2013_039.jpg
I had to go back for a second look

:awepreciation: Drooling, CANT WAIT TO TAKE BAEO PICS! i will be hunting everyday till i find them.. i will find them.. and take so many pictures of them.. all day.. all night... :awesketch:

--------------------

OfflinePirax
Self Employed Pharmacist

Loc: Boregon
    #18861146 - 09/19/13 12:17 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/13-38/955500100-thumb_9-18-2013_039.jpg
I had to go back for a second look

:awepreciation: Drooling, CANT WAIT TO TAKE BAEO PICS! i will be hunting everyday till i find them.. i will find them.. and take so many pictures of them.. all day.. all night... :awesketch:

My exact feeling.
I really want to go out hunting in a nearby area that has a large cow field and is rumored to have some actives, I just never seem to get around to it :sad:

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: Pirax]
    #18861920 - 09/19/13 08:08 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah that was funny. 250 dollars on fish... something? I was like, well maybe he's having a huge clam bake or something... Lol  :fishsmack:  :manvsfish:

--------------------

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

#18862860 - 09/19/13 12:29 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ganzig said:
That is some expensive fish soup.

Indeed the reef aquarium hobby is quite expensive! That $250 is a badass aquaticlife marine light, its only 20" long though!. Im working on setting up a 27gal reef now. I have a 72 gal marine with sump refugium running in my basement.

this is my fuzzy dwarf lionfish named Stinger

i also have some breeding groups of dart frogs and geckos. this is an electric blue day gecko. color is really vibrant in person.

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18863021 - 09/19/13 01:12 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

See this guys! Mushroom people are so freaking cool! :bow2:
Fantastic lionfish! Salt water aquariums are freaking time consuming and expensive. but an absolute traquil beauty to have in the house, though i always get dizzy from the glass. I got rid of my tank and fishes a long time ago, used to have a nice shark though.:super: and lots of Cichlids!

--------------------

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #18863028 - 09/19/13 01:13 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I literally was watching family guy and this just came on!
http://en.vidivodo.com/video/tropical-fish-family-guy/574792

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#18863049 - 09/19/13 01:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Nice Topcorn. I used to be really into salt water tanks myself.

I started with a 10 gal. The folks at the fish store said it could not be done
and I did it. Had that tank for 2 years. Bought a bigger 55 gallon put my fish into
it and mistakenly bought a trigger fish.

Ate everything! Even my very first two tester blue damsels.

The damsels were my favorite because they survived the, what do you call it, the initial flux of micro organisms from my live rock in the 10 gal. They were named Benny and Jet. :sad:

That damn trigger fish even ate a star fish. Asshole.

--------------------

Edited by Ganzig (09/19/13 01:38 PM)

OfflineHashfinger
Nippy Wiffle
 User Gallery

#18863118 - 09/19/13 01:36 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I bet the fish tanks are awesome to stare at while tripping. Man. I'd get so lost in that world! :mindblown:

--------------------

Offlinekcrocker802
Whatever
 User Gallery

Loc: Olympia, Wa
    #18876118 - 09/22/13 02:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

This seems like a good year for baos and fibs. I see that the baos seem to like a different type of mulch as cyans.  You say darker fir wood and bark mix?  The kind you might find more often in a commercial area rather than a park or garden?  Do fibs like the same kind of mulch?  Also, I have read that they like old well kept grass with weeds.  Is it the kind of lawn that I have found cincts in, or am I looking for something else?  Do stunzii like that kind of lawn?  Thanks for any help!

OfflineTopcorn
False idol
 User Gallery

Re: baeos and blue ringers (WA) [Re: kcrocker802]
    #18876243 - 09/22/13 02:43 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hashfinger said:
I bet the fish tanks are awesome to stare at while tripping. Man. I'd get so lost in that world! :mindblown:

thats part of the reason i started reefing, looking into the tank at glowing pulsing crazy corals and stuff makes me feel like im trippin. watching it on while on acid is great especially when the lionfish comes out and dances in front of me like it knows im trippin!

Quote:

kcrocker802 said:
This seems like a good year for baos and fibs. I see that the baos seem to like a different type of mulch as cyans.  You say darker fir wood and bark mix?  The kind you might find more often in a commercial area rather than a park or garden?  Do fibs like the same kind of mulch?  Also, I have read that they like old well kept grass with weeds.  Is it the kind of lawn that I have found cincts in, or am I looking for something else?  Do stunzii like that kind of lawn?  Thanks for any help!

In general, yes to what you just stated. Not sure about the fibs or old grass with weeds though. I have on several occasions in completely different locations found baeos growing from old woodchip beds where cyanescens still occur frequently. And as i stated earlier i fist picked baeos from lawns that supported large numbers of stuntzii. I have never found cinctulus so i cant say about them but my guess is yes too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates