Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
"Cure" for Tripping Anxiety
    #1871543 - 09/01/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Not to reopen the discussion about mushroom strains, but I never really had trip anxiety until I did some Thais (Koh Sumai?) and I am v-e-r-y experienced. It was not even close to the peak when I started to "lose it", just the come-up. I got quite spooked. Now I stick to Golden Teachers, but on to the main point...

There is a popular myth that you must take all your dosage at once. This is not true. Now I use the Swami Stepping Stone method and find it to be quite manageable. Grind up several grams in OJ (or beverage of your choice). Then drink maybe 1/3 of your dosage. Wait about an 45-60 minutes then drink another 1/3. Wait another 30-45 minutes and if you are comfortable then drink the rest. Trip will last about 6-8 hours and you can more easily adjust how deep you want to go.

This may be a pussy method, but will result in much less anxiety and fewer bad trips. You more adventurous spelunkers may stay with your tried and true "Here Goes Nothing!" method until that day when you travel too far and have regrets.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Swami]
    #1872070 - 09/01/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Very good advice  :thumbup: :smile:

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: zeta]
    #1872116 - 09/01/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think its a pussy method if you can control easier how deep youre going and have much less anxiety :wink:

Ill try this method next time ill trip ! Thanks for the advice

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Gus]
    #1872137 - 09/01/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

great advice ive been doing this for DMT trips by taking a mild DPT trip first. now this might never prepare your for a full blown DMT trip but it prepares me and gives me the balls to take that first big hit of dmt . and i think dpt is great for this because of it short duration and intensity

Edited by mindcandy (09/01/03 07:02 PM)

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: buckwheat]
    #1873036 - 09/02/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That is a pretty good idea, I remember a time where I ate 5g's of bomb B+'s and having thoughts like "why did I eat this much?" because within 15 minutes the walls had faces. On high doses I do generally get "pre-trip' jitters, but then they soon fade.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1873163 - 09/02/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like the POW effect of taking them all at once (in tea for even faster come-up..).. This is what intruiges me about DMT... its apparently a very very rapid breakdown and reconstruction of "self."

But yeah if you're not down with a rapid come-on or aren't sure how hard you're going to trip from a certain amount, then Swami's method should help you out :smile:

edit: added "apparently" in "..about DMT... its a very very rapid.." to refrain from sounding like I have done it..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (09/02/03 01:37 AM)

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Strumpling]
    #1873179 - 09/02/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ya i like the POW

--------------------
KB

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1873534 - 09/02/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

nice one swami, i'll give it a go, normally on 5g+ trips its just the come-up thats sketchy, "why did i do so much?", "what have you done to yourself?", "are you ready for this?" type of shit, but once i'm peaking its amazing :laugh:

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: mikey_]
    #1873778 - 09/02/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> There is a popular myth that you must take all your dosage at once. This is not true.

This is not true, for me at least.  I have experimented with this hypothesis and I have a detailed journal of dosage/redosage vs qualitative peak and duration.  Everytime that I redose, the trip is extended in length by an average of two hours, but the peak is much less than a single dose of equiv weight.  The peak is seldom above the original dosage regardless of the weight of the redose.  I have around 8 to 10 documented sample points, all taken with two weeks in between, all with similiar set and setting.

> Now I use the Swami Stepping Stone method and find it to be quite manageable.

I only wish the Swami method would work for everybody.  :frown:

> Trip will last about 6-8 hours and you can more easily adjust how deep you want to go.

The length you give is about the same for what I have experienced with redosing.  A typical, eat it all at once sort of trip, will last about four afters after peak, with a twenty minute peak.  If I redose after the peak, I extend the the comedown by three to four hours resulting in seven or eight hours of comedown, but I never repeak. If I redose before the peak, I still hit the same peak, but the peak lasts longer... around an hour... followed by an additional five or six hours of comedown.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Seuss]
    #1873841 - 09/02/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like to play and compose music or sometimes hike while tripping. These things are difficult to do while peaking, so I like the long slow slope up and down.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #1873871 - 09/02/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> I like to play and compose music or sometimes hike while tripping. These things are difficult to do while peaking, so I like the long slow slope up and down.

Ahh... for a nice long slow mellow trip... yes, your method will work wonders for that. I have become jaded by all the people asking how to extend the peak and automatically assumed...

The only way I have found to extend the peak itself is to eat a heroic dosage, an amount for which Hercules himself would pat you on the back, and hang on hoping for the best. It is possible to peak for several hours, but in my experience, it isn't very fun.

--------------------

OfflineDEATH666
Adonal
 User Gallery

#1874085 - 09/02/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

!!!LOL, I eat a lot of shrooms at once, it used to all the time and every day ,now i just eat a shit load once a month and i still love it.Me and about three of my other friends will all trip.I get the shrooms (about 2 lbs) and boil them in about a half gallon of water then we drink it all.thats when it gets wierd and absolutly crazy every time we do this i get a happy feeling then everythings funny and i cant understand anybody, after that i just cant move, i just sit there and dont know nothing cant doo nothing but smile.sometimes i cry i feel so good.The worst parts coming down now` when im coming down i pop about two zanny bars and chill out then i get a relief feeling and then we smoke. We do thes at least once a month.LOL!!!

--------------------
Ah Shit

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: DEATH666]
    #1880445 - 09/04/03 06:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

>>>until that day when you travel too far and have regrets<<<

Your just as likely to regret drinking it, its shit. You don't get the come up you just feel instantly intoxicated but get to the good visuals and drinking also increased nausia for me.

In fact why don't we just all become swami.
Bend over buddy so we can all lick your ring.

Smami, write a guide to life and we will all follow you, you are the all knowing god, and, we are your futile sheep.

Uggdickheadhhh, cough.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Ego Death]
    #1880488 - 09/04/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> Smami, write a guide to life and we will all follow you, you are the all knowing god, and, we are your futile sheep.

Eh? This is the trip tips forum...

--------------------

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
    #1881550 - 09/04/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i wanna be a swami sheep.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: enacid]
    #1883243 - 09/04/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Im gonna have to disagree with dose stacking, ive tried it many times and it does nothing to increase the intensity of the expierence, just trip duration, but thats just me :smile:.

Ive had one of my only bad trips on thai lipa yais and i was an expierence tripper with tons of lsd and shroom trips under my belt.... havent tripped since then and its been 1.5 years.  Lipa yais gave me the worst mindfuck that everything bad that could happen wasg onna happen and  my vision was distorted to the point i couldnt really see much and i thought i was insane forever.  In the back of my mind i knew my thoughts where somehow irrational but it still made me feel like i was completely insane.  I still love psychadelics, but that was enough for a while :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1883540 - 09/04/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

200 milligrams of pure codeine works for me. It also does wonders for the body load which I never cared for as well.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Jellric]
    #1884065 - 09/05/03 05:21 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The more fucked up the come-up is, the more pleasureable the whole trip is.. IMO

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: baraka]
    #1884755 - 09/05/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ive had one of my only bad trips on thai lipa yais

As I have said, it was only the Thais that ever truly disturbed me despite the preponderance of threads saying all cubensis trips are similar. Rather than quitting all together, I adopted the Long Slow Dose (LSD) method of ingestion.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: "Cure" for Tripping Anxiety [Re: Ego Death]
    #1884762 - 09/05/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Smami, write a guide to life and we will all follow you, you are the all knowing god, and, we are your futile sheep.

You may call me "Smarmy". Sorry, but the discipleship is all filled up now, but I could put you on the waiting list...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains