Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Mushroom Tea
    #1879348 - 09/03/03 11:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

is damn good. this is how i make it...

make tea from tea leaves, herbs, whatever.

put dry mushrooms in coffee grinder. grind into powder.

put mushroom powder into tea. place mixture in a closed container and shake for 4-5 minutes.

run this mix through a coffee filter, paper towel, or piece of clothe and discard filtered out sludge.

enjoy!

no mushroom taste, little nausea (unless you chug it). comes up pretty quick but smoothly. a great way to ingest.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: ]
    #1880333 - 09/04/03 05:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, great way to ingest. I have also been praising the shaking part of the brewing process to everyone I know who makes tea. Before I just stirred, but I swear I noticed a huge potency increase once I started shaking the mix. There is barely any mushroom taste compared to eating, if you flavor your tea you won?t even notice. And, my nausea problems were cured by changing to tea. A couple other tips are:

1. Perform the extraction at least twice with some sort of acid (little lemon, etc. It is said to help aid extraction). 2 of us made tea, and saved the mushies. These two portions were then combined and given to another, who then proceeded to make tea of his own. He supposedly tripped very hard (as did all of us), indicating that there was definitely plenty left over from the first extraction.

2. If you have nausea problems, then strain the tea really well. I do it twice through a coffee filter. If you can eat shrooms normally without nausea problems, then swallow the mushroom particles as well. Might as well not waste them.

3. Grind the shrooms well, or freeze fresh ones prior to making the tea. Freezing them will rupture cell walls and aid in extraction. I also noticed a potency increase once I started freezing them (almost necessary IMO). In fact, freshie tea is now my favorite means of ingestion. The taste is so much more mild and acceptable when fresh ones are used.

4. Watch the amount of fluid you actually produce in the end. Some people make the tea and add OJ to it, or something for flavor. I think the main reason for nausea besides loss of equilibrium, is too much fluid slammed down. A cup of water or less per extraction is all that is really needed (except freshies may require more to cover them fully).

5. Squeeze them out real good between extractions or at the end! You don't want to leave any juice behind.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: ATWAR]
    #1888619 - 09/06/03 04:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i know it deviateted a bit from tea, but on the topic of getting all your potency without taste, taking grinded mush powder from a coffee grinder and mixing it with sunny delight (usually a half full screw bottle, close it up, shake it, down it (however fast you wish)

its everything and i taste absolutly no mushy over the sunny delight ( wich is freakin delicious mmmmm )

0 taste factor

Offlinejerrygarcia
Stranger

Loc: outside your front window
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: enacid]
    #1890008 - 09/07/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey atwar, with the fresh ones, do you still grind them up in a coffee grinder or what?

Offlineoknarb
Stranger
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: jerrygarcia]
    #1890111 - 09/07/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

what if you have wet shrooms?

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: oknarb]
    #1890778 - 09/07/03 01:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

dry them

Offlinejerrygarcia
Stranger

Loc: outside your front window
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: Gus]
    #1892069 - 09/07/03 10:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

..and if you want to keep the potency of fresh shrooms?? (i.e. not drying them)

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1892300 - 09/07/03 11:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jerrygarcia said:
hey atwar, with the fresh ones, do you still grind them up in a coffee grinder or what?

No. They are frozen, then chopped and mashed in the water. Then shaken up (like mad) and soaked for 10-15 minutes per extraction. You need quite a bit wet as the extraction does not go as well like when dry. Normally you would calculate 10 times the amount dry by weight, but I would say use 20 times because it can go so poorly (you can always sip to be careful). You use alot, but they are excellent this way though, and should be tried at least once.

Definetly hits me faster and is much tastier.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1893201 - 09/08/03 07:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jerrygarcia said:
..and if you want to keep the potency of fresh shrooms?? (i.e. not drying them)

I don't think the potency really decreases when you dry your shrooms so don't worry about that.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Mushroom Tea [Re: stefan]
    #1893388 - 09/08/03 10:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

> what if you have wet shrooms?

Assuming they are legal in your area, drop them in a blender with a bit of OJ or warm tea and hit blend for about 30 seconds. Drink the frothy result.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports