Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Motion Sickness, "Shrooms", and other questions...
    #1879329 - 09/03/03 11:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have been interested in trying ?Shrooms? for a few months now and have been spending a lot of time researching experiences and other information on the internet about them. I just recently was reading up on the physical symptoms of ?Shrooms? when I saw ?Feeling of Vertigo? as one of them.

Many of my family members (including me) have very sensitive equilibriums which makes us all very susceptible to motion sickness, which can be more severe then normal. Basically what I?m looking for is some advice from experienced persons on the matter. I also have a few questions that I would be very grateful if answered.

? Is this feeling (Vertigo, Weightlessness, Etc.) common with ?Shrooms??

? Would it be safe to take ?Dramamine? or any other motion sickness medication before trying ?Shrooms?, would it be effective? Would taking something of this nature enhance the "Shroom" effects?

? Which are more potent, fresh or dried ?Shrooms??

? Are there any ?Shroom? species with a natural (not from bruising) blue color, if so, what are they?

Thank You,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Edited by ShroomNoob03 (09/04/03 01:11 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Motion Sickness, "Shrooms", and other questions... [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #1880113 - 09/04/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hi :smile:

Yes, I think the virtigo feeling is rather common with shrooms.  My boyfriend got pretty bad motion sickness in the middle of his trip from the sensation of everything being in continous movement around him.  Next time we trip, we're going to try some papaya enzyme along with our ginger pills...both of which settle the stomach.  You eat them when you're downing your shrooms. 

I asked the same thing about dramamine and the responses I got were sketchy.  Most people said that the dramamine would affect the trip negatively by making you unusually tired, or even affect the potency of the trip.  My boyfriend wanted to try some dramamine, but right now we are sticking to ginger and papaya enzyme. It might work for you. 

I'll let someone else answer your other questions.  :wink:

Good luck!

-ShadeGirl 

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Motion Sickness, "Shrooms", and other questions... [Re: MOTH]
    #1880244 - 09/04/03 04:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

? Which are more potent, fresh or dried ?Shrooms??

Ah the age old question, technically wet shrooms are more potent as slight potency loss always occurs when drying shrooms. There isn't any real difference between fresh and properly dried shrooms potency wise, but I sure do prefer eating dry ones :laugh:

As for your blue shroom question I haven't a clue...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
    #1880525 - 09/04/03 09:36 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey man i get motion sickness really bad... car sickness, the whole works.. but i have never gotten naseous on shrooms... just relax and let it flow... the only thing i get is this gagging sensation.. its not unpleasant either :smile:.. good luck! 

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1880828 - 09/04/03 12:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with taking papaya enzyme or ginger pills (something that doesn't make you drowsy). Nausea and vertigo does occur, but once you trip for a couple times you don't notice it as much, if you're really concerned, try making tea from dried mushrooms, this usually gets rid of the initial nausea in the onset, remember to sip.

as for potency, its relative to the amount taken. though fresh contain more psilocin, they usually do a number on my stomach, refer to the dosage calculator for more info.

there aren't any P.Cubensis mushrooms that are naturally blue, a favorite practice of street dealers is to purposely bruise mushrooms to blue them and make them appear "magical" DONT buy these! search the forum for images of real fresh and dried specimens of p.Cubensis so you won't be taken for a fool.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Re: Motion Sickness, "Shrooms", and other questions... [Re: soochi]
    #1880913 - 09/04/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you all very much for the advice. If I do try "Shrooms", which probably won't be until next summer, I'll probably take a few Ginger pills beforehand. I just hope that will be enough, I don't want to be motion sick for a period of 4 to 6 hours and not be able to do anything about it. Thanks again, and keep the replies coming...

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience