Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :)
    #1878716 - 09/03/03 08:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

why not play a little game?  I see confusion over words so much, so why not communicate?  here's how it goes...someone picks a word and each of us shares his/her own idea on what that word means to them and then tie it into how they experience this word (ie it's application to you). no right no wrong, totally neutral!  we can discuss on it, and when we're done, another one can be picked. in this game of "life" we all win when we share with one another. only rule...no dictionary definitions :wink:. so I'll start...

appreciation:
to me appreciation means that I am enjoying almost every aspect of what I am doing or who I'm with. I feel good inside when I stop and look around.  I think "wonder" is the catalyst for appreciation since "wonder" allows the individual to stop and look/think. Appreciation helps me remember to ejoying the moment of every moment.

your turn...

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :) [Re: kaiowas]
    #1879949 - 09/04/03 02:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

help: taking time out of your own schedule to aid a fellow human in thier endevors.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :) [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1880274 - 09/04/03 04:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

help: Usings one's abilities to aid a cause

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :) [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1880969 - 09/04/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Giving someone a bribe to help convince them to do something for you. Example: "I would like to give you a little appreciation, as I know that you will vote this way on my billl..."
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1882486 - 09/04/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

or better yet say, here's a token for my appreciation :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1882710 - 09/04/03 09:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man, great post idea! It'll help show how we all interpret things quite differently and how words cause miscommunication.

Appreciation: This word means thankfulness and gratitude for something because it somehow benefits you (enjoying something or receiving things, and more).

To me anyway, :grin:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :) [Re: Teragon]
    #1883778 - 09/05/03 03:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

help: assist
to make something easier/possible for something that's not you.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
Re: let's share some words!! neutrality welcomed :) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1883798 - 09/05/03 03:24 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

appriciation: Wow a meaningful word. Let's see here, something you or someone appriciates. likes. enjoys. A good feeling that you helped or someone helped you, so you have appreciation. :smile:

Help: To aid someone. or someone to aid you.

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#1884168 - 09/05/03 09:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

super sweet!  thanks for the input.  It really is great seeing different definitions that point in the same direction! kinda get the whole idea behind one word.  to me its fascinating anyway :smile: btw anyone can comment on any previous word, after all sharing is caring. :laugh:

help: I think help is all about contributing. the best type of help to give (for me at least) is unconditional.  meaning I like helping people not for my ego, nor do I think that I may get something to return.  The "reward" is already there.

peaceful: I think being peaceful is the act of not being bothered.  you know instead of being agitated or edgy, be calm and/or mellow. I think having a peaceful state of mind is important because this midset allows me not to worry so much, thus using my thoughts for more constructive purposes.

--------------------

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #1884571 - 09/05/03 11:22 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

peaceful: shorthand variant of 'peace filled' ---> of or pertaining to the the fullness (or at times, superfluousness) of peace

peace: a state of being not inducive of chaos...one in which the peaceful individual feels at perfect ease with their imediate surroundings, and does little more then enjoy their current situation without attempting to change or alter said situation in any manner

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology